Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr. Joanna Sexchocolate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:19 pm
Merridew
Jonas Albrecht
Merridew
Jonas Albrecht
Those blow jobs didn't get anyone killed.

Operation Desert Fox, anyone? wink

Except that it had nothing to do with the Clinton scandal.

gonk

I wasn't insinuating that it did. I was implying that Clinton doesn't exactly have clean hands either when it comes to military operations that cost lives. confused

Yes, but seem not to care that Bush has done the same thing on a much larger scale.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:19 pm
The bias of the media is fascinating sometimes... I remember reading an article that talked about the "worst unemployment rate in years" under Bush at 5.6%... while the same newspaper, years earlier, commended Clinton's "low unemployment rate"...... also at 5.6%.

I don't know the rates now, but I just find it somewhat sad how liberal some facets of the media can be.  

Merridew

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:20 pm
Merridew
I'd like to believe that the theories behind abortion and the death penalty are polar opposites... one is killing innocent children, one is killing terrible, guilty adults.

There are so, so many people out there who can't have children and would love to adopt... why not have your baby and put it up for adoption?

Or even better yet, why not practice safe sex?

On the other hand, I believe that raped women or victims of incest should be allowed to have an abortion... They shouldn't be punished for the crimes of another.

Exactly if a 12 year old girl is raped, and becomes pregnant should her right to have the option of getting rid of it be taken away? Even if she goes threw and the child is put up for adoption, what if that child comes looking for her down the road and ask why she didn't keep them, then the child finds out the trush and is scared for life? With Bushes Anti-Abortion that would ban all abortions if thier started becoming exceptions thier would be too many problems with it because everyone who wanted an abortion would start claiming they were rapped, but didn't want to press charges or some B.S like that.

Or what if someone is pregnant and wants a child but happened to find out they have aids after becoming rpegnant should that child realy be born? Thier are exceptional cases. Frankly I don't support abortion one bit unless it is an extreme case, rape, insest, something like the aids type situation. But none the less the woman should have the right to chose. sweatdrop

gonk sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:21 pm
Merridew
On the other hand, I believe that raped women or victims of incest should be allowed to have an abortion... They shouldn't be punished for the crimes of another.

That is the main reason why I am pro choice. 3nodding Also, if nobody ever got an abortion, there would be so many children that would be born into terrible circumstances. Like poverty and teen parents and such. There wouldn't be enough parents to adopt them all. The reason why there are a lot of prospective parents that want to adopt but can't is because the adoption process is very difficult and very strict.  

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200

Dr. Joanna Sexchocolate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:22 pm
Koren_suzaku
It really gets me going when people dare put abortion and the death penalty in the same catagory. To kill your own child by mean of sucking it out or the method referred to as the "candied apple baby" is so wrong it makes me want to cry.

The economy has fallen. A lot of it is due to 9-11. And Bush has gotten a lot of jobs open out there.

Four consecutive years of job losses. I guess that can be interpreted as opening up jobs.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:22 pm
laFred
Yeah, all my friends (13) and even my sister's friends (17) complain about the "junk" that they get. stressed My friend started to complain yesterday (she's 13) because her parents wouldn't buy her that Porsche for ONLY $7K. She was upset because they were looking at the older, junkier (yet still nice) car for $5K. rolleyes I'm paying for my own car with MY own job when I'm older. It's not going to be a fancy one, either. sweatdrop Then my sister's friend wanted a nice iPod for her birthday but she threated that if she got an iPod MINI she'd throw it away because it holds so-and-so thousand less songs. scream My stupid rich snotty friends get on my nerves too often. I'm just waiting for when they hit the real world and can't go to Mom and Dad for every little problem.

Hrm. My parents are buying me a new car! Because my old one just died ;-; But we arent rich. They have to buy me one so I can go to school and work.

My dad lost his job due to 9-11. And now he has a better one xd

Miss Puu

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:25 pm
Koren_suzaku
My dad lost his job due to 9-11. And now he has a better one xd

Your dad is lucky. Most people aren't that lucky.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:26 pm
candycrack
Merridew
I'd like to believe that the theories behind abortion and the death penalty are polar opposites... one is killing innocent children, one is killing terrible, guilty adults.

There are so, so many people out there who can't have children and would love to adopt... why not have your baby and put it up for adoption?

Exactly if a 12 year old girl is raped, and becomes pregnant should her right to have the option of getting rid of it be taken away? Even if she goes threw and the child is put up for adoption, what if that child comes looking for her down the road and ask why she didn't keep them, then the child finds out the trush and is scared for life? With Bushes Anti-Abortion that would ban all abortions if thier started becoming exceptions thier would be too many problems with it because everyone who wanted an abortion would start claiming they were rapped, but didn't want to press charges or some B.S like that.

Or what if someone is pregnant and wants a child but happened to find out they have aids after becoming rpegnant should that child realy be born? Thier are exceptional cases. Frankly I don't support abortion one bit unless it is an extreme case, rape, insest, something like the aids type situation. But none the less the woman should have the right to chose. sweatdrop

gonk sweatdrop

See , now Bush is pro-abortion under those circumstances. Bleh , I wish I could find that article I read about that in. Im very strong on abortion because I know a girl that has had 10 abortions ... because she said its more fun to have sex without protection.

Job loss in a country with more people coming in and being born every year is inevitable.

Miss Puu

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:30 pm
Koren_suzaku
See , now Bush is pro-abortion under those circumstances. Bleh , I wish I could find that article I read about that in. Im very strong on abortion because I know a girl that has had 10 abortions ... because she said its more fun to have sex without protection.

Job loss in a country this HUGE with more people coming in and being born every year is inevitable.

I'm glad that girl hasn't actually brought children into the world. If she was smart then she would get the shot or something.

And the job losses aren't because of more people being born, it's because of the bad economy. Countries of all sizes are able to provide jobs for their citizens.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:31 pm
Koren_suzaku
candycrack
Merridew

gonk sweatdrop

Job loss in a country this HUGE with more people coming in and being born every year is inevitable.

Well If he's pro-abotrion in those circumstances, yet claims to be anti abortion, and for the death penalty that still seems to be a bit hypocritcal in my book.

Thats not true the size of the country isn't going to matter, Ive been working since I was 16, and only after we decided to go off to war has the economy rapidly decreased and has become harder and harder to find work. sweatdrop  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Merridew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:35 pm
Any economists out there? If so, please tell us the trends of the rising and falling economy.

It seems that every 4-8 years our economy dips and rises, regardless of who's president. The president has very little control of the economy, save for a few things (such as tax breaks, which boost the economy... and so on and so forth).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:38 pm
Merridew
Any economists out there? If so, please tell us the trends of the rising and falling economy.

It seems that every 4-8 years our economy dips and rises, regardless of who's president. The president has very little control of the economy, save for a few things (such as tax breaks, which boost the economy... and so on and so forth).

I'll try and dig up some charts. Our economy does go through those cycles, but there are degrees.  

Dr. Joanna Sexchocolate

Merridew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:38 pm
Well, it's been lovely (and a bit infuriating, too wink ), but I have to go study for a history exam...

Bye for now!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:39 pm
Merridew

While this is true, the rapidly decreasing economy we have now isn't apart of that normal trend, and Bush hasn't realy made any tax breaks that help the every day citizen.  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Merridew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:40 pm
http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-presidentsresponsible.htm

Here's a link. :B  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]