Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Bridal Sewing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have wedding craft ideas?
  Yes, and I'll share!
  Yes, but I'm not telling!
  No, I just want gold.
View Results

peachkitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:58 pm
rosesylace
Congratulations!!!! I don't sew dresses, but I did make all the floral arrangements for my son's wedding. We also made chocolates, butter mints (using molds), and food items. I do have ideas for table top center pieces if you want them. I also know where to get an aisle cloth if you need one.

i can do the arrangements and the chocolates are easy to make and cheap if you know where to go. i'm intending to do homade chocolates for favors. how do you stor them and where. also how big was this wedding? mine is most likely gonna be small...100 guests tops or less  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:39 pm
Me and my fiance got engaged last year and are still waiting until 2009 to get married. We've ran by some ideas to help eliminate costs and we're having a cupcake tower instead of a cake. We were going to ask a friend to make the cake topper, I was going to knit the ring pillow (which is in the wedding knits book) among some other things. I really like the idea of making a garter, but knitted? How would that look? 3nodding  

ro-zumari-

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:18 pm
OOooh, Wedding Knits? I'll have to look out for that book! I love the idea of making as many gifts as I can (for my parents, his parents, the bridesmaids, etc...), so maybe that one would give me a few ideas.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:34 pm
Brunette_Star
OOooh, Wedding Knits? I'll have to look out for that book! I love the idea of making as many gifts as I can (for my parents, his parents, the bridesmaids, etc...), so maybe that one would give me a few ideas.

its a great book. you can get the yarn kits at suss online.

do you have a design for your dress yet? are you/did you design it yourself?  

Fionamule

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:08 am
I've been browsing, but all of the bridal satin I've found is really expensive or not really my style. So I think I'm going to buy the dress and make my veil. I know I want a short train and a white dress, and Mom wants the dress to sparkle, so I figure that would be an easy compromise.

I've looked on Michael's website, and Simplicity and McCalls both make veil patterns, so that should be easy. Maybe I'll even have time to make the cute shoe clips that Simplicity makes!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:15 am
I saw a bunch of books on wedding crafts when I was at Michaels this weekend. Maybe you can check some out at the library heart  

gemini6184

peachkitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:35 pm
Brunette_Star
I've been browsing, but all of the bridal satin I've found is really expensive or not really my style. So I think I'm going to buy the dress and make my veil. I know I want a short train and a white dress, and Mom wants the dress to sparkle, so I figure that would be an easy compromise.

I've looked on Michael's website, and Simplicity and McCalls both make veil patterns, so that should be easy. Maybe I'll even have time to make the cute shoe clips that Simplicity makes!

satin can be, but still keep an open mind on other fabrics. they look so different between a cardboard bolt and the finished piece.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:29 pm
maybe you could make corsages? Im not sure if its possible, but it might be interesting.  

Chibi Kiku-chan

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:34 am
That's an idea - I'd really like to be able to make my fiance something to wear (even if I just knit him a pair of socks).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:01 pm
i dont think i am even going to use satin on my dress. im not really a fan of it.  

Fionamule

peachkitten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:42 pm
everyone has different tastes...i myself love satin and will probly use it for my dress. i also intend to make my own hair accessories (no veil) it shouldnt be hard. i think the corsage shouldnt be any different. i'm going to attach fake flowers and ribbons to some hair pins so they can go in with my hair swept up. just do the same with the flowers to a regular or safety pin. i think thats my answer on the corsage thing Brunette Star was talking about.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:39 am
Corsages and boutonnieres are really pretty easy to make -- if you're working with fresh flowers instead of silk, the biggest trick is working in a little reservoir of moisture so that they don't wilt as quickly as if you'd just pinned them on by themselves. I can try to scribble out some directions if folks are interested in a tutorial, it's easier if you have someone show you in person but I think with little illustrations it might still be clear enough to follow.  

Smillaaraq

Fionamule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:16 am
i found this book at borders. its about beading and wedding things. some of the projects are kinda cheesy, but there are some really nice things in it to. thought i would share with you gals.
(links to Amazon)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 pm
Pepper Azul
i found this book at borders. its about beading and wedding things. some of the projects are kinda cheesy, but there are some really nice things in it to. thought i would share with you gals.
(links to Amazon)

Hey! i know that one! we sell that book at AC Moore. but thanks for the info. i'll look at that next time i'm at work (AC Moore employee). i actually work in the wedding section so i see that book everyday. i havent checked it out yet though. i'll check if its cheaper. i think its cheaper at amazon but i'm not sure.  

peachkitten

julyrose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:48 pm
I don't know if the project is still on the Michael's website, but what I ended up doing based on what they had for my outdoor wedding was taking rolls of tulle, and draping so that they swagged down between white posts we hammered into the ground. We then covered the thumb tacks that were holding the tulle to the posts with pew bows I made. I had a set of posts on each side of my "aisle", up to the arbor.

I am not sure if this makes sense, so I will see later (during my meal break) if I can find the pic at Michael's.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff