Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Ten things I hate about Nana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree or want me to shut up?
  Agree!
  Shaddup!
  GOLD!
View Results

0o-Kikyon-o0

11,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 am
sara-ane
(in no order)
1. It's mostly about girls. I AM a girl I want to look at GUYS not girls!
2. I didn't like the main character straight off. If I found out I was dating a married man I would KILL the guy and send his sausage to the wife with an explaination. I would NOT pine after the B-tard
3. I don't like music manga, never have.
4. I'm not too fond of art manga either.
5. Too much sleeping around! One would think that the little idiot would have learned her lesson after she found out about the married man!
6. BOTH NANAs are bad examples. I teach kids and some of my FOURTH GRADERS like the manga.
7. The art just isn't my style. I like softer lines.
8. With very few exceptions, real life mangas just aren't my thing.
9. It doesn't seem to have a clear plot.
10. Everyone else I know likes it! gonk

Nana was so stupid, i was glad to see it end. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 pm
0o-Kikyon-o0
sara-ane
(in no order)
1. It's mostly about girls. I AM a girl I want to look at GUYS not girls!
2. I didn't like the main character straight off. If I found out I was dating a married man I would KILL the guy and send his sausage to the wife with an explaination. I would NOT pine after the B-tard
3. I don't like music manga, never have.
4. I'm not too fond of art manga either.
5. Too much sleeping around! One would think that the little idiot would have learned her lesson after she found out about the married man!
6. BOTH NANAs are bad examples. I teach kids and some of my FOURTH GRADERS like the manga.
7. The art just isn't my style. I like softer lines.
8. With very few exceptions, real life mangas just aren't my thing.
9. It doesn't seem to have a clear plot.
10. Everyone else I know likes it! gonk

Nana was so stupid, i was glad to see it end. stare

It's not over, it's still running in Japan, they just took it out of the magazine because Hachi gets knocked up and apparently that makes it rated M and since the magazine is rated T+ they had to take it out.

And I'm sure this has been said somewhere along here, but if a 4th grader is reading NANA, it's through the fault of the parents; if/when I have children, they'll be reading nothing of the sort until they're older. NANA is rated T+/M for a reason.

kel aka gandy
Captain

0o-Kikyon-o0

11,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm
I agree completely with that. xD
dude it's definitely the parents fault if they are letting their kids read it, whether it's with friends or not.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:17 am
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have some friends that like Nana and some who hate it. I love the manga because it explores the hearts of a different type of manga. It's a real life manga because there are people out there that can relate to the manga. If you stand on the other side of the island, you'll see a different view.

smile But yes, I dislike Hachiko. The few redeeming qualities she has is her motherlike nature and her affection towards Nana. And the fact that she really does represent how some people are in real life. Like that thing with the married man. If you truly love him, it would be hard to let go, whether it be the right thing to do or not.

sandrabang

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Jaabba-Ting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:31 pm
I agree with all ur reasons! lol

One reason I don't like the manga is because all the girls are sluts. They sleep around too much and they're not good role models for any girls. I mean Com'on!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:58 am
Jabba-holic
I agree with all ur reasons! lol

One reason I don't like the manga is because all the girls are sluts. They sleep around too much and they're not good role models for any girls. I mean Com'on!

Nana Osaki has literally only slept with Ren; that in no way makes her a slut.

Though I agree, Hachi is much more of a slut, even she tends to only sleep with guys that she's in a relationship with; there are plenty of people I know in real life who are much slutier.

And they're not really supposed to be role models; it's technically a josei series and not shojo, which means it's for older girls/women and not 9-13 year-olds, like most of the manga on the SB line.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Dont say lazy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:54 am
I agree with some of those, but i still like nana!  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:39 am
Nana is the best thing that has happen to shojo manga. I can relate to that series because I'm in my early 20's like the main characters and I empathize with them.

The best thing the series have is the character development; the first Nana (the slutty, clingy, dependant, Nana Komatsu) becomes more mature and emotionally stable. The second Nana, Nana Osaki, becomes emotionally weaker, and more dependent than the other Nana.  

Perfect Stranger 3-0

nuripyon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:34 pm
Nana isn't anywhere near my favorite series, but I still appreciate it's different plot and style from most 'typical' shoujo manga. Nana is a slice-of-life manga, which is geared to be more realistic, and almost a 'it could happen' sort of story. Hachi is, quite simply, an average young woman who is simply looking for love in all the wrong places. Some girls don't care if a guy is married, in a relationship, or what have you, because they want to be with that guy anyway. That is a very real personality trait, and I'm glad to see more variety in characters. Yes the story is about girls, and in part, their love life, but first and foremost it's about their journey through life. If you're looking for some eye-candy, you picked up the wrong series. sweatdrop It takes awhile for the plot to pick up, but that's because the creator is showing you all aspects of the characters before she starts to slowly change them. I think it's definitely an interesting read.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:08 am

I Agree I Really Don't Like It, I Can't Read A Poorly Drawn Manga >_>

trefina

Mega Prophet

.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games