Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:01 am
attila the fun
Shikalee
attila the fun
Shikalee
Captain Verd
@ Liz - It doesn't matter how strong they are, especially in Tsunade's and Sakura's case. Just because, say, Shizune is a jounin, doesn't mean she isn't a healer wearing heels. Tsunade could be the strongest ninja in the universe, but she's still in a largely feminine role.
And what is wrong with being a woman?

Are you saying that in order to be strong or play an appropriate role, we must all be men?

What is wrong with being a woman? If Tsunade played a masculine role, would she not be a man?

There's nothing wrong with being a woman--I can't speak for Verd (although I think she agrees), but I'm looking at this from a feminist perspective, so of course what I'm saying is quite the opposite of what you said. I'm saying in order to be strong, it's very possible to also be a woman, but Kishimoto doesn't write strong women (with the possible exception of Temari, whom I personally have no problem with).

Princess Dustbunny--why does it make sense for the women to stay at home? confused Wouldn't it make sense for them to continue working for the village as ninja and share the childraising responsibility with their husbands?
This is why I really hate a lot of feminism; a lot of feminists want women to be equal to men. What they don't realize is that for complete equality to ever exist, women must become men, or vice versa. They will always have a p***s, and we won't. They will always have more muscle than us. They will always be hairier than us. As long as we are women, and they are men, nothing but a sex change can put us up to par.

I see what feminists are saying about MONEY and RESPECT. But Tsunade is HOKAGE. She is the most RESPECTED and FEARED person in Konoha. How can you ask them to give that woman more power? Don't you think if she was PERFECTLY INCAPABLE OF FIGHTING, that she WOULDN'T be Hokage?

So...in order to be emotionally stable we must have penises?

I understand that men are stronger, but Kishi's still shunting all the women off into romance-, nurse- or crazy b***h-related roles. ("Crazy b***h" used here in the bad sense.)
The very fact that you ask such a ridiculous question proves that most women do have an issue with controlling their emotions. It's fact. People need to get the hell over it. It has nothing to do with sexual organs; it is simply indoctrination. Girls are more sensitive because they think they are. Guys are less sensitive because they're "supposed" to be.

I don't see anything wrong with love, or healing people. As far as crazy b***h; just look at Sai, Sasuke, Kabuto, Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara... they've all had their fair share of angst/bitchiness. Not to mention the main point of this arguement is to have something to complain about. If women weren't bitches, they wouldn't... b***h about things.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:03 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
This is why I really hate a lot of feminism; a lot of feminists want women to be equal to men. What they don't realize is that for complete equality to ever exist, women must become men, or vice versa. They will always have a p***s, and we won't. They will always have more muscle than us. They will always be hairier than us. As long as we are women, and they are men, nothing but a sex change can put us up to par.

I see what feminists are saying about MONEY and RESPECT. But Tsunade is HOKAGE. She is the most RESPECTED and FEARED person in Konoha. How can you ask them to give that woman more power? Don't you think if she was PERFECTLY INCAPABLE OF FIGHTING, that she WOULDN'T be Hokage?

As far as child raising as two ninja parents go, I think Shikamaru's mom quit being a ninja because it wasn't working so well. I also don't think they want you on the job while you're fertile. Japanese and Chinese tradition is that if any warrior is pregnant, she must step down and raise the child to the coming of age before they can be Shinobi again. In theory, Yoshino (Shikamaru's mom) COULD be a Shinobi again, but she hasn't made any steps towards that.
Tsunade is Hokage, but she was a last pick behind Yondaime, Orochimaru, and Jiraiya.

Both she and Sakura have the ability to seriously kick a**. They both have amazing chakra control, so bigger attacks that Naruto and Sasuke have trouble pulling off could be done more efficiently with someone like Sakura. She can punch rocks into tiny pieces, so she could have a huge warrior role. Despite this, Kishimoto makes her a healer, because she's a girl. confused

This topic is about the emotional values Kishimoto gives his women. Yes, men are naturally stronger than women. No, this does not mean all women are weaker than men, especially in the Naruto case.
I would call that a fallacy. A hasty assumption on your part. I don't think it has anything to do with being a woman. Maybe you'll all stop bitching when you see the Akatsuki female...

Kishimoto is ******** JAPANESE. The culture is not COMPLETELY cleansed of it's past prejudices. Get over it. It's not America; land of the free, land of equality, land of "Political Correctness..."  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:43 am
Shikalee
I would call that a fallacy. A hasty assumption on your part. I don't think it has anything to do with being a woman. Maybe you'll all stop bitching when you see the Akatsuki female...

Kishimoto is ******** JAPANESE. The culture is not COMPLETELY cleansed of it's past prejudices. Get over it. It's not America; land of the free, land of equality, land of "Political Correctness..."
Maybe not consciously.

So he's Japanese. All Japenese men have an excuse to hate women. I must have an excuse to hate black people, since I live in New England and went to a high school with only two black kids. Okay, thanks. I start up with my n words tonight.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:41 pm
Shikalee
attila the fun
Shikalee
attila the fun
Shikalee
And what is wrong with being a woman?

Are you saying that in order to be strong or play an appropriate role, we must all be men?

What is wrong with being a woman? If Tsunade played a masculine role, would she not be a man?

There's nothing wrong with being a woman--I can't speak for Verd (although I think she agrees), but I'm looking at this from a feminist perspective, so of course what I'm saying is quite the opposite of what you said. I'm saying in order to be strong, it's very possible to also be a woman, but Kishimoto doesn't write strong women (with the possible exception of Temari, whom I personally have no problem with).

Princess Dustbunny--why does it make sense for the women to stay at home? confused Wouldn't it make sense for them to continue working for the village as ninja and share the childraising responsibility with their husbands?

I understand that men are stronger, but Kishi's still shunting all the women off into romance-, nurse- or crazy b***h-related roles. ("Crazy b***h" used here in the bad sense.)
The very fact that you ask such a ridiculous question proves that most women do have an issue with controlling their emotions. It's fact. People need to get the hell over it. It has nothing to do with sexual organs; it is simply indoctrination. Girls are more sensitive because they think they are. Guys are less sensitive because they're "supposed" to be.

Since it's obviously a negative characteristic, and you say it's caused by indoctrinization, wouldn't it be fab if, say, manga artists didn't keep perpetuating the stereotype?

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with love, or healing people.

They're just typically in the woman-domain.

Quote:
As far as crazy b***h; just look at Sai, Sasuke, Kabuto, Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara... they've all had their fair share of angst/bitchiness. Not to mention the main point of this arguement is to have something to complain about. If women weren't bitches, they wouldn't... b***h about things.

I'm reasonably certain that men complain. But anyway, to clarify, what I meant by "crazy b***h" was Tsunade or inner Sakura or whatever--the sort of women that exist in every anime just to hit some guy in the face with a frying pan for making a suggestive comment or whatever.  

attila the fun

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:00 pm
Shikalee
most women do have an issue with controlling their emotions. It's fact.
LOL.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:12 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee

Maybe not consciously.

So he's Japanese. All Japenese men have an excuse to hate women. I must have an excuse to hate black people, since I live in New England and went to a high school with only two black kids. Okay, thanks. I start up with my n words tonight.
You don't get it. You were RAISED to believe women SHOULD be equal.

You can't just turn around and see what they suck at more than men, and suddenly believe it. That's how it is for Japanese people, except the other way around. We can't expect them to change to our social expectations because we think our opinions are more important than their's.
You are not ACTUALLY from New England. You grew up here. At least that's what you've said. You are culturally indoctrinated by AMERICAN concepts.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:14 am
attila the fun
Shikalee
attila the fun
Shikalee
attila the fun

Since it's obviously a negative characteristic, and you say it's caused by indoctrinization, wouldn't it be fab if, say, manga artists didn't keep perpetuating the stereotype?

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with love, or healing people.

They're just typically in the woman-domain.

Quote:
As far as crazy b***h; just look at Sai, Sasuke, Kabuto, Neji, Shikamaru, Gaara... they've all had their fair share of angst/bitchiness. Not to mention the main point of this arguement is to have something to complain about. If women weren't bitches, they wouldn't... b***h about things.

I'm reasonably certain that men complain. But anyway, to clarify, what I meant by "crazy b***h" was Tsunade or inner Sakura or whatever--the sort of women that exist in every anime just to hit some guy in the face with a frying pan for making a suggestive comment or whatever.
Indoctrination is not a choice, clearly, which is why you fight so hard for what you believe in. You were raised to believe certain things, and nothing is going to change that.

What is wrong with that? =/

The fact that they do complain is not enough the compare the two. It is known fact that women are bitchier than men. And gay men seriously don't count on this one.

Tsunade is not a b***h. She's a hard a**. And and alcoholic. Sakura is a display of a lot of typical girls her age; her Inner Sakura represents a female's need to have a facade; you wear make up, do you not?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:49 am
Shikalee

You can't just turn around and see what they suck at more than men, and suddenly believe it. That's how it is for Japanese people, except the other way around. We can't expect them to change to our social expectations because we think our opinions are more important than their's.
You are not ACTUALLY from New England. You grew up here. At least that's what you've said. You are culturally indoctrinated by AMERICAN concepts.
What? I'm from New England. neutral

That's weird that you say that though. The Japanese kids I know don't think women are inferior to men. Where are you getting this from?  

Captain Verd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:51 am
Shikalee
Indoctrination is not a choice, clearly, which is why you fight so hard for what you believe in. You were raised to believe certain things, and nothing is going to change that.

The fact that they do complain is not enough the compare the two. It is known fact that women are bitchier than men. And gay men seriously don't count on this one.

Tsunade is not a b***h. She's a hard a**. And and alcoholic. Sakura is a display of a lot of typical girls her age; her Inner Sakura represents a female's need to have a facade; you wear make up, do you not?
People can change what they believe in sad

That's the point of this thread. eek

That's a fact, alright, fine. Where is this fact from? Is there some kind of study on female bitchiness? Did the scientific community take a step back and go HAY YA WIMMIN R BITCHES biggrin DDDDD, because I think I missed that one.

Why do women need to have a facade? I don't wear makeup neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:55 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

That's weird that you say that though. The Japanese kids I know don't think women are inferior to men. Where are you getting this from?
Wow. Then you've lied a lot.

They're not in Japan.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:58 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee

People can change what they believe in sad

That's the point of this thread. eek

That's a fact, alright, fine. Where is this fact from? Is there some kind of study on female bitchiness? Did the scientific community take a step back and go HAY YA WIMMIN R BITCHES biggrin DDDDD, because I think I missed that one.

Why do women need to have a facade? I don't wear makeup neutral
Not if they don't see a need to.

A fact does not have to be written in a book; by saying such is ludicrous. A book was written by a person and has no more credibility than one's word. Just because something is published does not mean it is true. I will admit that women's bitchiness is my opinion, but it is also agreed upon many individuals; I'd be willing to bet it was the majority that agreed. That does not make it true, but it does make it supposed fact.

You do in your picutres.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee

Wow. Then you've lied a lot.

They're not in Japan.
I've never said I was from anywhere else surprised

One of them has lived in Japan all her life, and other other lived there until just a few years ago. neutral  

Captain Verd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:11 pm
Shikalee
Not if they don't see a need to.

But they can, making it a choice.

Quote:
A fact does not have to be written in a book; by saying such is ludicrous. A book was written by a person and has no more credibility than one's word. Just because something is published does not mean it is true. I will admit that women's bitchiness is my opinion, but it is also agreed upon many individuals; I'd be willing to bet it was the majority that agreed. That does not make it true, but it does make it supposed fact.

The majority of people having the same opinion does not make it a fact. Not all women are bitchy, so it's not a fact.

Quote:
You do in your picutres.
There's no point in arguing about this. I don't wear makeup wink  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:58 pm
CALIENTE POCKET  

attila the fun

User_1426750

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:35 am
Aww. heart I don't want to interrupt the lovers' quarrel.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff