Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:20 pm
bansheemourning
PLEASE READ THIS ONE:

I was born & RAISED a celt. I don't like to use the words Wiccan or Pagan for the simple fact that it conjures up pictures of preconcieved (& usually untrue) ideas. If you say Celt, they are intrigueed & readily ask "what is that?". I have in my mid-twenties tried the "christian lifestyle", & found it condescending & hippocratic. Many of my friends are christian, but I also have Jewish, Pagan, Islamic, Buddhist, & Atheist friends. I have 8 children, & I tell them it's not WHAT you believe, just That you believe, & most importantly in yourself. No matter what religion, or anti-rligion you claim, we all fall under one simple rule...Treat others the way you want to be treated. Everything else will fall in place.

That is truly great! n_n

I do treat others the way I would like to be treated. Even though I feel some hatred towards the religion, that does not mean I hate the people who believe in it. Like I said (I think) I have many friens who believe in christianity, and others who don't. I don't care, because I know that they don't allow to the religion to BE them, but to be a PART of them. That doesn't change the way how I see individuals, and I believe in karma anyways. So if I'm good to people, they are nice back. All in a delicate balance...n_n

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:24 pm
Isel
Please try to think that most of these stories are matters of the individual, not the group.

If you actually read the thing the entire way through, I'm sure I mentioned that my little brother is christian and goes to church every sunday, and I have christian friends too. It doesn't mean I hate them just because of what they believe in. In fact, my friend Rebecca is a proud christian, and she knows I hate the idea and concept of it, but she doesn't care. She is still very polite and very nice indeed, and therefore I have no reason to hate her either. n_n

Like I said already, I don't hate christians, I hate christianity.

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:27 pm
miraridemon
Proud Christian. I really don't care what you are, though. Even if you are an infidel.

Okay, glad to hear it.

I don't care either.

The point of that was....?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:26 pm
i'm not a christian!!! mrgreen  

A Dark Knight

tamachan414

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:05 pm
i'm pretty sure i'm atheist, but not 100%. the only think i'm sure of, is that i am agnostic  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:12 pm
I'm a mix, i have my pagan beliefs, and my satanic beliefs, alonside agnostic and athism. You'll hear me say a lot of things that I believe in but I don't belong to anything entirly. I don't see the point of religion, it's just another lable, another seporation amung humans right alongside race. I'd rather have my own beliefs and not be held down by right and wrong. I mean I'm not stupid, I know what I should and shouldn't do. In my honest opinion Religion is just a crock of s**t people made up back in the day to make themselves feel more accepted, to keep from being subjigated for their beliefs. It's not that I don't want to believe it, I just see no point.  

Lady Nasia Estelle

absinthemourning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:10 pm
ArynChris
miraridemon
Proud Christian. I really don't care what you are, though. Even if you are an infidel.

rofl Oh, but to hear the word "infidel"
for my friends learn the togue of Arabs.
But enough of that.

DR49ON
oh, and my gods actually care about their people and will actually have conversations with and directly help us, so that's a plus.

Oh? For true?
Does my Lord not speak to me?
For whom do I seek
in need of guidance,
whom do I seek
in need of love?

I seek my Lord in my heart,
His Spirit within me,
to lead me in all of His ways.

Though folk stray from His path
and twist all of his words
is it not the devil who leads them so?
Did not the serpent ever lead to sin?
Oh, watchful for forked tongues
must ever the Christian be,
nor Jew,
nor Muslim,
for one sees where they lead.

Remember the teachings
and how long in time they were
and how a message oft passed
is not the same
afterwards.
Remember the Lord
the sacrifice of Son
the gift of the Spirit
that with God's way makes us one,
and remember forever,
no matter days what may pass,
that this love leaves us never
and some concepts ever last.

Okay...hold on...
Lets just set the record straight here.
I'll will start with the fact that I am Wiccan, but I am sure that most every everyone of the pagan and/or non-Christian persuasion will agree with me here.
1. We do not believe in the Christian Satan/Devil, as you seem to do, for why else would you reference him so. In so referencing him, or even mentioning him, does that not "give him power"? Again with the contradicting of yourselves.
2. Keep in mind that some of us were not 'led astray', most of us 'steered away'.

I dont mean to sound ranty or bitchy, but this isnt a difficult concept to comprehend. Most of my Christian friends understand and they dont sit there telling me I am going to hell because I dont believe in their god. My Islamic friends dont call me an 'infidel' because I dont believ in Allah. It doesnt make any sense to me that some Christians will treat me like crap, spit on me, and tell me I am going to hell....all in the name of saving my soul? Im sorry, but their whole system sounds like terrorism to me....  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:17 pm
Pagan all the way, although my dad thinks assumes I'm Christian.  

necromancy14

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:55 pm
religeon is overrated
christianity is overrated
frankly i like the idea of taking the blame for my own actions instead of blaming it on some higher power punishing us.
also i wont i REFUSE to follow a religeon that belives that we just magically appeared on this planet within seconds, im sorry thats just... ugh FAIRY TALES ARENT EVEN THAT FARFETCHED!

oh well it doesnt matter either way my mother and father are catholic O_O;;; i can see my father being seeing as he is irish.. but my mother is native indian T__T tsk tsk oh well it's their choice not mine.
although if i were to choose any religeon i would probably go for buddhist inner peace sounds good right about now.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:24 am
I'm not a christian!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:38 am
o.O Y u k i O.o
religeon is overrated
christianity is overrated
frankly i like the idea of taking the blame for my own actions instead of blaming it on some higher power punishing us.
also i wont i REFUSE to follow a religeon that belives that we just magically appeared on this planet within seconds, im sorry thats just... ugh FAIRY TALES ARENT EVEN THAT FARFETCHED!

oh well it doesnt matter either way my mother and father are catholic O_O;;; i can see my father being seeing as he is irish.. but my mother is native indian T__T tsk tsk oh well it's their choice not mine.
although if i were to choose any religeon i would probably go for buddhist inner peace sounds good right about now.

Reading your post got "Freewill" stuck in my head.

"The stars aren't aligned - or the gods are malign, blame is better to give than recieve . . ."

I love Rush!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am
Look into my sig and you will see my religion...

I have to say this too... yesterday I was on 24 hr duty and some of them christian people that go around knocking on your door and try to convert you came through the barrack first time I'd seen it... and I was thinking to myself This gonna be funny all they will find here are people with hangovers or there drunk again... already... I thought it was kinda funny. since I think these guys were mormon and from what I understand they don't drink...  

The Toolness

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:08 pm
To Niki, it is very improtant for one to separate a religion, from its followers......

Anyway, I'm a Christian. I'm bisexual also. I don't think that most of the people that are christians (or rather the one's who use it for terrible things *cough**cough*the crusades*cough*) fully depict what they should. I was reluctant to give my life to Christ because fo them but i realized that they fdont' matter in my belief. Running around saying "God hates homosexuals!!!" isn't my thing because God is The Only Judge to me...............

As for your infactuation with things having to do with Satan, I don't think that's a huge deal because no one really knws what or who Satan is. I think that maybe you just like how you view him. That you like what you see him as...........which I don't really see as "evil" (an over-used word here in America).

Also, America does have laws over freedom of speech, but those laws still will not cotrol people. These laws will not stop people from being homophobes just as law will not stop murderers. Maybe one of the propblems with America is that we are indeed "too free"?

Like morty said, your description basically states you as an anti-christ, but so are alot of peope, as you've seen from the responses in this topic. We all have a belief system that suits us best, I will not judge you for that.

Perhaps the people who try to tel us that their religion is better than ours do it because they are trying to cnvince themselves that they have found the answer. But then again who truly knows what's right and wrong?

Out of curiousity: when did you become interested in Satan? as a child? has it growom since then?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:03 pm
I've noticed that in many places (including this guild), Christians are more likely to admit to and openly discuss their religion than followers of other creeds are. Perhaps it's because Christianity is by far the most common religion in the places that most people who post on Gaia are living. Even though Christians who persecute others for their beliefs are a very small segment of the Christian population as a whole, followers of a lot of other religions have learned to be secretive about it.

Personally, I don't tend to discuss my religion. Why? Because people who don't understand it (and that's a very large number of people!) often look down on me for it or find it hard to take me seriously. There are some very negative stereotypes floating around out there. And there are a lot of people who practice religions like mine for the shock value, not out of any real sense of belief or conviction. I don't want to be lumped into the same group, just because some of the things I believe are things they claim to believe.

I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say this:

No, I'm not Christian. But I'm not comfortable discussing any more than that.  

Veruniel
Crew

The Toolness

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:34 pm
Eternal Dead
Look into my sig and you will see my religion....

yeah I just realized I change my sig... so um yeah satanist here... ninja  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces