seek the Orient,
seek tribal lands
to know
there is more
yet to see.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:25 am
tamachan414
Rellik San
Very strong words, in terms of family, it can't be over used, however, its these people wondering around at 13 claiming to have found their soulmate and love them more then anything, that bothers me.

I'm not saying you can't be in love at that age, just your not experienced enough to recognize when the true love happens and the infatuation does, thats when we get to the slippery territory of over half my life issues sub-forum in another guild... but thats another story. -_- ...So yea, in terms of how its applied by a large portion of people, it is over used and in fact wrongly used a large percentage of the time.

You all get what I mean... I hope.

i hate those kinds of people, well i don't really hate, i don't hate anyone, i'm just strongly against them. i have a friend who's like that. and he's 15 and currently looking for a wife. and he thinks that he's been in love several times, all with people over the internet. i'm sorry but that just pisses me off to the extreme sweatdrop

In all fairness, I used to be a little naive about that, I once thought I was in love, turned out to be indigestion.  

Rellik San
Crew

objektiv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:36 pm
It is way over used and Is said by many guys to stupid girl to get in their pants (I have seen the travisty more than I would want to) But when it is really ment then it is hard to say and "i love you" isn't enough of an expression. And you get all blushy and sweaty palms and jumbled words ect. Not you held my hand we've been going out for a day "I love you"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:48 pm
I say it too much, I know I do, and I know subconsiuosly that I don't want to say it was much, but now it's a habit, and somehow I find myself saying a lot more than I used to.

I guess I'm weird wierd (how the crap do you spell that word! Ugh!) like that.

Anyway, I say "I Love You" to a lot of people... my parents, my friends, when I'm begging for gum... yeah.  

Bakurish

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:01 pm
Dead Ed
It is quite over-used, but I try to reserve it for when dealing with people who I truly treasure.

Same here. People confuse compassion and just plain caring about someone with love, which I think is a whole lot more than caring about someone. It should be so much more than that...

Maybe it's because the average vocabulary of the human being has been shrinking over the past fifty years.... sweatdrop People replace words they don't entirely know with "I love you".  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:49 pm
i love you is used in many times i believe if your family use it as much as you want becasue even if you don't your supposed to care for your family but other wise if its a person only say it if you mean it don't break someones heart becasue neither of you have come to terms with the depth of that one singel word  

wolfwoodzcross

xxgothvampirexx

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:05 pm
When I was in school, everyone loved each other. The loved there "gurlz" as they said and there "gantsa dudes" or whatever. I thought it was annoying, but it was an everyday word that was stuck onto dating. When I became homeschooled, I met my best friend and she told me that she was in love with this guy. I wouldnt call it love or even like, I would call it an obsession. She spends every waking moment thinking baout his thoughts and actions. He doesnt like her and I learned something from him. He told me one day that she freaked him out because she used such a strong word. It wouldnt have bothered him if she had talked to him about how she felt, but instead she assumed that he "loved" her. I find it very sad that she would think that she cares this much over some guy that she hasnt even got to know yet.

Anyways, I think it is used to much. Its such a strong word that peoiple our ager shouldnt even need to worry about.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:28 pm
I agree that it is being overused...especially by the prostitots here. After 2 hours of knowing someone I hear them telling someone else who knows them something like "oh you mean her?? yeah i know her, i love her. She's awesome."

I don't understand how people can throw around some of the most meaningful words in the human language so carelessly. As if the meaning of those words have been worn down, so that using them so hastily and loosely has become ok...I wrote something about this in one of my booklets, and I think I will post it.

When did the saying "I love you" become just something anyone says to everyone? When did hugs and kisses and every other intimate thing lose it's loving meaning? I see so many people now, say "I love you" and give kisses to anyone they meet...as if such loving gestures have completely become as like a handshake. There's no sincereity in such things that used to mean so much...a long time ago a kiss meant something, meant "I love you"..not the kind of love people say to each other today...real, genuine love. The kind of love that no one else could fathom or copy. Now I see people saying "I love you" just like saying "Hi"....like it doesn't matter.

The once exclusive three little words are now as common a saying with everyone as a normal greeting....and it saddens me so much. It's so rare nowadays to find someone who will hug you and mean it, who will kiss you and you know that they wont kiss anyone the way they've kissed you. That when they say "I love you"....they really mean it.

Even true friends are hard to come by now....so many people who I thought were my friends, have come to show me that what I thought was so strong ,was nothing to them. I have gotten tossed aside so many times I find it so hard to believe people are actually my friends when they say they are. There are only few people in this world at the moment that I really trust that they care about me. And I'm wondering how many more people there can be out there that are sincere like they are....

I remember when someone first told me "I love you" after a couple hours of knowing me...and I just stared blankly at them. How could they really say those words? When I say "I love you" it means that I really do care about you, and that I'll be there for you when you need me, whenever that time may be. But this person had only just met me a few hours ago...and they just said to me some of the most meaningful words in the human language..as if it was no big deal. I hope so strongly that I never become that way. Such missuse of words that are supposed to hold so much sincereity. It really makes me wonder, more than ever before...

What has this world come to? sad

From_Lust2Dust

RedRosez

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:47 pm
I have a hard time saying "I love you" to people. Right now I only say it to two people, my closest friends. If I am dating someone, it takes me a month or so of dating them, and at least a few more months of even knowing them to say it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:10 pm
[TL]
I dunno, I just feel it's over-used. I tell my mom I love her all the time because I do. But what about my aunts? My grandparents. Do I really love them, or do I just say it because it's polite?

Discuss: "I love you." Is it over-used?

Yes.

As for if you really love them, ... no, you don't.  

ieatyourtclol

xxgothvampirexx

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:15 am
yea....I dont know...It gets hard sometimes...  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:11 pm
[TL]
I dunno, I just feel it's over-used. I tell my mom I love her all the time because I do. But what about my aunts? My grandparents. Do I really love them, or do I just say it because it's polite?

Discuss: "I love you." Is it over-used?

I love you is most definantly over used which is why so many people have a hard time beliving it when their bf/ gf says it...  

Devils_lilboy

xxxdeletemexxx

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:33 pm
I personally rarely use it. But other people say it way too damn much to the point that you can't take anything they say seriously...
But whatever... that's just meh.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:47 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

When it comes time for it to be used, because you truly Love someone you won't be able to spit it out, you'll most likely choke.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:06 am
You will hear those words come out of me all the time, and each time they do they are meaningless.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff