Shielding Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr. Arcane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:45 pm
Atma311
Very nice and informitive thread. I, as I've said some time before, have never heard of shielding before I came to this guild. I think a few books that help with shielding techniques would be helpful as well. WebenBanu already mentioned "Sandra Ingerman's book Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self," but are there any books that would be specifically about shields or that spend a great deal of time on the subject that you could suggest? I'd really appreciate it 3nodding

Again, I love this topic whee heart

Although I have only scanned through it, "Psychic Self-Defense" by Denning and Phillips, might be a place to start. It is definately a beginning level work. There is a much older work, by the same title, written by the late Dion Fortune. That book goes farther into the subject but is not an easy or fun read; I say start with the simpler one. If any others have been suggested please let me know, I like to keep aware of what is out there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:03 pm
There is an aspect of psychic self-defense that is often ignored. While it is a very valuable skill, especially for anyone on a magikal path or doing psychic work, but there is a time and place. It is not wise, and I think self defeating, to cocoon oneself within impenetrable shields, all the time. Too much shielding will protect you from everything, the bad, and the good as well. The ultimate protection level will protect you from life; nothing at all, good or bad, will happen to you ever. Rather like being buried alive in your own energy. Fair enough, that is on the extreme side, but I hope the meaning comes across.

What I am getting at (I hope) is that there is more to protection than just throwing energy into shields. While putting time into learning shielding practices, we should also take care to learn about the up-keep of our aura/chakra systems. If those are cleansed and kept in good repair/balance, energy parasites will have a difficult time sinking their metaphysical teeth into you. Maintain a positive attitude(no, it does not have to be in a fluffy-bunny way) and it makes it even harder for them! Negative entities are attracted to and feed off of fear, anger, despair, or other self destructive emotions we project. To be the center of attention at a feeding frenzy, just be as gloomy as you want! A little bit of internal work, which is more permanent, and it might not be nescessary to be putting shields up all the time.

Always try to take the high ground. Once again, if you are coming from a high enough 'vibrational level', things from the lower levels are far, far less likely to be able to touch you. That is protection you do not have to think about, nor does it cost you time or energy. Save your energy for other work. Just a thought.

Do learn and practice all you can, in shield techniques, but please put equal effort into living so you will not have to use them. Also, shields can be customized to a purpose, say, to keep the bad at bay but allow helpfull influences in. More about that later. biggrin  

Dr. Arcane

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:24 pm
Thanks, Arcane- you say these things a lot better than I can. That's probably why shielding hasn't really been a very high priority for me- I can do it when necessary, but since I generally live in such a way that I don't attract harmful influences, I prefer to direct my energy toward other projects.

For me, heka/magic is simply applied religion, and religion is the foundation of my life- so if I'm going to shield with respect to magical workings I would have to be shielding 24/7. It's impractical for me to be shielding all the time from everything, when all I really want to do is to live my life in a way which honors the gods and myself. I know that protection is available if I need it, so I don't worry.

Nihilistic Seraph
On a side note, has anyone actually tried what I've put down?

I have, briefly- that's when I realized how similar it was to what I used to do for my nightmares. The main difference is that, back then, I visualized the shield more as a bubble of green light/energy which was completely spherical, whereas when I utilize your technique I seem to get more of a rolling cloud bank of golden-white light/energy, ending in an egg shape (which then brought to mind Ingerman's blue egg technique^_^). Other than that, I think that they work on similar principles.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:54 am
Thanks for the input Arcane, and what you say is very true. This thread is only basic shielding, I'll probably put one up for aura and chakra purification later.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:31 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Thanks for the input Arcane, and what you say is very true. This thread is only basic shielding, I'll probably put one up for aura and chakra purification later.
Yes, please for some of us are unable to obtain this information and/or are too forgetful to do so.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:54 am
It's odd, I allway thought for some reason that this was all common pagan knowledge.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:02 am
Nihilistic Seraph
It's odd, I allway thought for some reason that this was all common pagan knowledge.
For those that are able to know what should be known. I have books on training the senses and reference material, little on skills.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:04 am
My suggestion, go join your local pagan club!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:07 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Don't have one. We have a psychic fair, and that's about it. People in my area are usually rebellious teens or too-freaking scared of the up-tight twits who are part of/run the city association.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:08 am
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Don't have one. We have a psychic fair, and that's about it. People in my area are usually rebellious teens or too-freaking scared of the up-tight twits who are part of/run the city association.
Lots of fun...So there's no pagan community at all?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:21 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Lots of fun...So there's no pagan community at all?
No, not to my knowledge.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:22 am
eek Damn, I just realized how lucky I am...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:27 am
Nihilistic Seraph
eek Damn, I just realized how lucky I am...
Yep, yep- America generally sucks. It's cool, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:32 am
Maybe in another generation or so they'll ber a thriving community. Maybe all the pagans are just lurking in the woodwork.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:35 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Maybe in another generation or so they'll ber a thriving community. Maybe all the pagans are just lurking in the woodwork.
More like lurking in the golf courses. confused  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces