Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Musings on Crafts (now with Pics!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:14 am
Brunette_Star
"I crochet, therefore I am."

I like this mantra smile

Last night while I was knitting a sleeve I kept pondering who I might knit my next sweater for.

The this morning a good friend called to say she was pregnant.

Baby sweater? I think that's a yes!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:27 am
I tend to knitt/crochet for other people, so i start thinking about those people. Some thoughts that have gone through my head while crafting recently:

"Circle circle dot dot, now i have my cootie shot!"
"She's not even here, and i'm still smiling like a dork."
"I really should be doing my reading."
"Didn't i just say i was going to bed at like midnight? *looks at clock* When did it hit 6am?"
"I wish my ipod hadn't just died...."
"I love circles...."  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:26 pm
kochi~mochi

"Didn't i just say i was going to bed at like midnight? *looks at clock* When did it hit 6am?" quote]

Ooof... I have *so* done that one >.<

Time flies...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:14 pm
I've done that, too!  

Brunette_Star

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:57 pm
who hasn't? Even if they don't craft, there's always something to get distracted by....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:37 am
And it always seems to happen when you have something else important to do. >.<  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:42 pm
Musing for the day (with a story!)

So, I have a guy friend. He is peri[herally interested in my knitting in that he knows I can knit cool things and occassionally wants something.

He's also a history buff... and so what he really wants are kilt hose. Long socks knit with teeny tiny needles.

This man has size 15 feet. =.=

So I go into the local friendly yarn shop. I have never knit a sock before, so I look at the helpful friendly lady and ask her about socks. She knows me, we knit together on Wednesdsays so she knows I knit; and skips all the basic questions and heads right to the business. We head over to the lovely racks of sock yarn and she asks "Are they for yourself?"

I say no, and that the problem I was having is that I couldn't find a pattern in the right size for the intended recipient. "oh?" she asks and then asks what size I'm knitting for, and I sheepishly reply "size 15"

She immediatly turns around and heads for the wall of worsted and chunky weight yarns and thrusts some in my hands, replying "With feet that big he's stuck with the big stuff."

I told her about the kilt hose.

She looks me straight in the eye and replies "Kilt hose... that's commitment. Not until after marriage... probably your 40th wedding anniversary."

~*~*~*~

The musing?

Size 15 socks, even on size 6 needles with worsted weight yarn take for-freakin-ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:42 am
See? BIG sock...!!! (half finished. gotta finish it today, it's a mission)

(can you tell I had my digital camera out today? >.<)

And a crocheted afghan underneath. Though that's pretty old.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:43 pm
Socks can be a pain. I'm actually planning on writing a basic sock pattern with my form of variations for my LYS. They love the way I do socks, and the owner said that if I write a pattern she'd sell it and I could probably teach a class on it.

Hehehe, I'm 18, and I'd be teaching people mostly twice my age lol. This should be fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:49 pm
YourAzureGoddess
That makes for a good question...

What's the best music to listen to while knitting? (or crocheting or sewing or beading or... you get the point)

Well I'm a techno kind of girl, House music makes me knit like a fiend. xD  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:48 am
faeriebell
YourAzureGoddess
That makes for a good question...

What's the best music to listen to while knitting? (or crocheting or sewing or beading or... you get the point)

Well I'm a techno kind of girl, House music makes me knit like a fiend. xD

Every once in a while I get in the mood for techno. They say it makes you drive faster... have to put that speed to good use smile

(knit, people! Knit faster!!)

~*~*~*~*~

And the musing of the day:

If, just say, you were forced to only choose 1 fiber to work with the rest of your life, what would it be?

Right now I'm torn between Alpaca and wool. I loves me some alpaca... but then I think of how versatile wool is.

Dumb question, yeah... but still a brain teaser  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:49 am
storyfromthestars
Socks can be a pain. I'm actually planning on writing a basic sock pattern with my form of variations for my LYS. They love the way I do socks, and the owner said that if I write a pattern she'd sell it and I could probably teach a class on it.

Hehehe, I'm 18, and I'd be teaching people mostly twice my age lol. This should be fun.

ooooh, I used to do that. I taught crocheting at the YMCA and I was always the youngest person in the class. I *loved* it though and I met alot of really nice ladies.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:15 am
If i could only have one fiber for the rest of my life, it'd have to be cotton. Machine-wash tumble dry low cotton.

My favorite music to listen to while crafting is... well... whatever i'm in the mood for... Generally its some form of rock or country... Recently its been books on tape, since i can't seem to concentrate on my reading for school without it, even if i'm not knitting.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:23 pm
My favorite music to listen to while I'm crafting depends. If I'm just knitting a sweater while staring out the window, definately Enya or a Harry Potter soundtrack. If I'm staying up late to "just finish this next step on the dress, I swear Mom," then I prefer "happy, bouncy, no your not sleepy" type music. If you could run to it I can late night craft to it.  

Blue-eyes-green

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:01 pm
Oooh, soundtracks... I found knitting to the Pirates of the Carribbean soundtrack is dangerous. I tend to keep thinking about swordfighting and not counting stitches ..<  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff