what happens when u die? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:03 pm
Bad news kiddo on that last statement you said -- people have the right to hold whatever opinions, but that does not mean they have any kind of supposed right to have those opinions go uncriticized or questioned. Opinions should have a basis in reason, there should be things the opinion is based off that the opinion is a resulting logical conclusion and judgement from. The right to have an opinion means I can't go and kill somebody who is of the opinion that all women have no right to live (just a random example I'm using) or to force them into a formal re-education program and/or facility or anything like that, however I can question and criticize them all I want (so long as I'm not going so far as to be like stalking them or something in the process), especially when they chose to come to a place like this designed for discussion on and debate of such subjects. Maybe you didn't get this from the introductory threads and rules thread and such, but I have a similar policy here to what they have in the extended discussion. This place is not meant to be a "opinion dumping ground." It's "put up or shut up." When called upon to do so, either defend your stance and the reason(s) behind it or if you are absolutely unwilling to do so if somebody asks it of you (either in the form of a direct question or in the form of posting challenges to what you said) please do not post here in the first place. I'm going to go check the main introductory and rules threads and if this isn't clear there already I'll add something about this in.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:16 am
I never said that anyone has the right for their opinion to go uncriticized... I just said that it shouldn't. Plus, he was out numbered...  

Celest Demonlane

ReasonlessMeaning

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:13 am
Instead of asking things like, this, or is death better than life... ask the oposite  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 pm
"Said that it shouldn't?" That's exactly what I was saying, that i encourage examining the foundations of people's opinions. And being outnumbered doesn't mean you can't ask somebody to justify their opinions. I'm not going to say that if you are in the minority it necessarily means you are wrong at all, however if you are in the minority AND unable to justify yourself it is generally a bad sign. Definitely not always, but in most things a majority held opinion is held because somewhere in there are some people who are very credible on the subject and have already long ago provided this evidence and gotten their position to be the widely accepted one even if most people have not themselves first hand seen the stuff the idea is based off of. Such as how the earth revolves around the sun for example. Most people have not been in space to observe this first hand and if they really wanted could possibly try to say every single space photo ever is a doctored image to make it SEEM like the Earth goes around the sun, however, if that was the most they had ever seen of evidence themselves, but yet it is still accepted mostly today that the Earth really does go around the sun. Ah, i'm out of time for the moment, if that doesn't seem to make much sense right now i'll try to clarify later.

Oh, and as for the asking the opposite questions, that would be kind of...a LONG and possibly often futile effort. Do you mean to say ask (in this case) what happens when you live? Or what doesn't happen when you die? In both cases, these are HUGE lists or things and don't really answer the question. Knowing what something is not generally does not tell you what it IS unless you know there is only a limited amount of possibilities. For example, knowing something is "immaterial" doesn't tell you what it is. It's not material, yes, but what is it instead of material?

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Celest Demonlane

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:35 pm
Why do you always write long posts? You make me confused with all the long explanations and examples... Sometimes..  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:48 pm
My posts aren't always long, they just usually are in here because I'm talking about a lot of complex topics, so I need a lot of text to explain all I've got to say on all the different aspects of an issue. If I could more effectively answer everything about a question in a single word, I would do so. However, anything that was that simple a subject would most likely not be a suitable topic for the subject of this subforum.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Saki Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:37 pm
There has to be something in the after life  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:43 am

If there were an "afterlife" it would have to consist of something, but why does there have to be an "afterlife" (not meaning "afterlife" as in " after life",anything after you've lived because obviously the world itself does keep on going and thus stuff does still exist after people die, just to be clear)? ninja

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Sorrow Surgeon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:42 pm
I believe the soul is immortal and that in some form you never end.For anyone that hates life,I can see why you wouldn't be happy,but that's only if you assume the "after life" will be the same as your life now.There are too many possibilities to comprehend;the afterlife could be a life where pain doesn't exist.Knowing we're immortal,we shoudn't fear death.Of course this is only my opinion,but that's all anyones beliefs about death are.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:07 am
I actually don't believe death exists...

Our body disappears as its only a tool for us. Spirit is eternal. That's what keeps living.

And when its ready we are born into another "body" or tool.

Though we may have forgotten our past lives, that's why we uncover it again.  

fariyroc

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:13 pm

Got any reason to believe this other than speculation, wishes, and maybe some stories you or others claim are your past lives?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:12 am
bluecherry

Got any reason to believe this other than speculation, wishes, and maybe some stories you or others claim are your past lives?

Yep, I've been reborn at least once. I've only found one past life. But its somewhat like knowing how to count. You know that 2 comes after 3. That solid feeling. Its the same thing that comes when you find one of your past lives.
I felt... from God's guidance the Truth that we don't die. That spirit lives on. Sometimes I can feel my mom about me and now she is fully in her spirit form.  

fariyroc

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:35 pm
So then no? (My post was trying to ask for anything that was not based on anecdotes and feelings, things you could actually prove to other people without them having to "just take your word for it.")  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 pm
bluecherry
So then no? (My post was trying to ask for anything that was not based on anecdotes and feelings, things you could actually prove to other people without them having to "just take your word for it.")

Go soul searching.
You don't have to believe me... Just listen to your own Truth and open up to it.

"Seeing isn't believing, believing is seeing."  

fariyroc

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:37 pm

Been there, done that long ago and many times enough as it is with giving these things a chance to present themselves. Without the conditions having changed any since I last found that nothing happened when I gave it a good ol' honest and open chance, I conclude that that's not advice worth taking unless you have some seriously radical new information you can prove to other people, such as myself, which would alter the situation and the things that play into the equation of if it would even be in the realm of possibility and not totally illogical.

And believing something enough that you think you see it still doesn't make something become real seeing as otherwise every dirty night gown under a kid's bed would actually really become a monster and every person to ever take hallucinogens and see something like a rainbow colored panda tap dancing in their living room would actually have such a thing there and it really could go and sit on an innocent non-high person who unwittingly wandered into the room. Also, the body does have a strong connection to the mind - people have actually caused physical malfunctions in themselves by being convinced they were sick for example as I'm sure you've heard of - so perhaps believing enough could make your eyes and your brain work together wackily enough that you really do think you see something, but again, that doesn't mean it is real. That thing you see may be seen alone and stand up to no other tests for if it is real, such as say that tap dancing panda my be seen by one man, but if he can walk right through it, that's a sure sign it is not in fact exactly what it looks like. You can usually trust your eyes, but looks can be deceiving so sight should not be believed when it goes against all your other methods of obtaining knowledge.

I also don't believe reality and thus the truth comes custom fit for each individual so that such a thing as "my truth" as opposed to everybody else's exists, but that's another story too and it's possibly even a named logical fallacy. (Things can be "true of" different people differently, like it is "true of" Dana that "I have red hair", and "true of" Paul that "I have brown hair," but not "true for" like facts of existence change from person to person.)

As a funny side note though, even what people I have met in real life who believe in mystic type stuff would say your recommendation would be useless for me. They claim I've never seen anything supernatural by myself (even when I tried giving it every opportunity) and that they never see anything supernatural in my presence and that they can't read my mind or do anything to really prove anything of a mystical nature to me because I'm a "void/null psychic" and I unconsciously emit very powerful stuff of some kind which cancels out or doesn't allow near me anything of such a nature. lol Excuses, excuses . . .

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff