Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
You're and Your. >.< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Subservient Nonentity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:54 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
It is very annoying. I read that error countless in fanfics and twitch every time I come upon it. I'm such a grammarian that I find myself unable to enjoy the fic as much. It just glares out from the webpage and mocks me by saying, "You can't do a damn thing about it." I seriously need to chill out.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sad I know all too well of what you speak. I constantly read fanfiction, and find that no matter how well-written the story is, the grammar errors always, always, ALWAYS seem to stare you in the eye. Then they proceeed to make you loose sleep and start to hate the fanfic. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:29 am
`Fuzz!
Or, There, Their and they're
like,
"i hate hem, there mean"
and just Grr.

I've seen a lot of that as well, and again, with students whose first language isn't English. It takes time and patience to teach them. But as for those whose language is English...well...come on. Unless you had a horrible English teacher most of your life, then there really is no excuse, is there?  

Patron with a Mission

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces