Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Fed up with Hot Topic. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rimi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:58 pm
Umm, I have two dresses, a skirt, and a belt from HotTopic and they're all perfectly fine neutral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 pm
Zansh1
y would u go there any way...there owned by abercrombie...anything that is spawned from preps is pure evil...and not the awsome kind of evil...

Abercrombie!? Dear God, no!!! Seriously, why does it matter? You'd be surprised what businesses are owned by who and unless it's something to do with say, animal testing, then what's the problem?  

shoe_trophy

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:05 pm
mybabypenguin
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
They used to be so pretty, too.

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.

OMG OMG OMG!! My boyfriend has the same boots! His lasted for about some years I think, but now they have a whole in the back.

mine too, the seam is broken above the heal, and i think the hole has reached the largest size it can get, unless the "lether" itself starts ripping.

shoe_trophy
Zansh1
y would u go there any way...there owned by abercrombie...anything that is spawned from preps is pure evil...and not the awsome kind of evil...

Abercrombie!? Dear God, no!!! Seriously, why does it matter? You'd be surprised what businesses are owned by who and unless it's something to do with say, animal testing, then what's the problem?
i heard it was owned by the Gap, but for all i know they could be the same people :/  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:28 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes

shoe_trophy
Zansh1

i heard it was owned by the Gap, but for all i know they could be the same people :/
It's Abercrombie. How else would they get the lincensing for the "anti-crombie" shirts?  

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:15 pm
CircleOfTheDarkOnes
They used to be so pretty, too.

User Image

May they Rest in Peace.
Oh, God those are cute. (I'm a shoe whore. What can I say?)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 pm
There is just this one chick I hate who works at Hot Topic.
She is a ******** scene whore. =[  

[[The Fallen Sheep]]

blackrose070

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:42 pm
I bought this shirt a hot topic once. It was so thin it could pass as paper. Luckily, my arm warmers from claire's had much more differnt results biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:47 pm
The boots I bought from Hot Topic are fine...I've had them for about a year or so and they're not falling appart at all.  

Flat Baroque

Distinct Member

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:47 pm
WEll to be perfectly honest, HT started as a store that exclusively sold Band T's so it wasnt really designed as the end all goth store...

Anyway, all my freinds buy their boots form a place here in Chicago called The Alley, they have an entire section for them beastly boots...

I made a pair for a costume one year by buying actual combat boots from an army surplus store and slap'n free spikes all over them, cheap and nearly indestructable domokun  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:02 am
Veruniel
Vixens and Angels is a US dealer with loads of good shoes.

I recommend the New Rocks. They're pricey, but they're fantastic. I've worn mine in wind and rain and mud and they still look new!

One of my friends used to live in Denver, and she completely loves that store. She orders a lot of her clothing from that site, and it's held up quite well.

Incedentally, the same friend dressed up as mall-core goth for Halloween, by borrowing a bunch of Hot Topic stuff from her older brother. xd  

SamuraiArren

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:35 am
blackrose070
I bought this shirt a hot topic once. It was so thin it could pass as paper. Luckily, my arm warmers from claire's had much more differnt results biggrin

Well as far as I know there is no HT shops in Ireland. There is however a Claire's which is a bit more on the punk side but alot of cute stuff my gf likes ^^ I normally shop at either The Edge or Modesty, both are very small and all the stuff in the Edge seems to fall apart after a while sadly. Someone mentioned New Rocks.... THEY ARE AWESOME!!!! I WANT THEM IN SILVER but I have a few friends, one has em in purple. They have flames goin up them, sooo cool  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:40 pm
I heard someone mention once that just because someone shops at Hot Topic doesn't automatically make one a Goth. The Punk Goth genre is really gaining in momentum and a lot of young teens seem to be the driving force behind the consumerism relating to this phase. I do like the fact that many Goth-ish things can be more easily accessable at places like Clairs but it leads me to think that the screw the mainstream, strike a pose in individualism and the mocking of society (as in the 80s), things many Goths live by are being engulfed by this punk fad and I'm worried certain aspects like the above mentioned that define a Goth culture will become the norm in mainstream society. Of course less persecution for being a Goth is always nice but we have a cause as demonstrated by our clothing and I want it to continually challenge society, make people a little afraid and reside on the fringes of the darkness everyone has lurking in their minds.  

chiaroscuro13

Dapper Veteran

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:50 pm
It's Abercrombie. How else would they get the lincensing for the "anti-crombie" shirts?

Its the Gap, look it up, they can make anticrombie shirts the same way absolutley anythign makes fun of anything else contemporary

With that logic, MAD mag' would have to be owned by everything in existence...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm
Jon of the Dead
Quote:

Its the Gap, look it up, they can make anticrombie shirts the same way absolutley anythign makes fun of anything else contemporary

With that logic, MAD mag' would have to be owned by everything in existence...

Also, "Abercrombie" isn't a name exclusive to the store. It's an actual family name. Such as the actor, Ian Abercrombie.

Anyone can use the name as much as anyone can use "Bauer" or "Bean" (in reference to Eddie Bauer and LL Bean brands).  

GilAskan
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:36 pm
chiaroscuro13
I heard someone mention once that just because someone shops at Hot Topic doesn't automatically make one a Goth. The Punk Goth genre is really gaining in momentum and a lot of young teens seem to be the driving force behind the consumerism relating to this phase. I do like the fact that many Goth-ish things can be more easily accessable at places like Clairs but it leads me to think that the screw the mainstream, strike a pose in individualism and the mocking of society (as in the 80s), things many Goths live by are being engulfed by this punk fad and I'm worried certain aspects like the above mentioned that define a Goth culture will become the norm in mainstream society. Of course less persecution for being a Goth is always nice but we have a cause as demonstrated by our clothing and I want it to continually challenge society, make people a little afraid and reside on the fringes of the darkness everyone has lurking in their minds.

The punk goths were the first in the goth scene neutral
But Hot Topic had no hand in developing that. In fact, Hot Topic used to be a music store.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff