Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
What do you think when people say HP is evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like these people
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
yes, and they should burn in hell
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
no, but they still should burn in hell
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

RubyRays

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:44 pm
Hinia_12
Elviondeln
Bloody Dementor
Alright! Now I can type my rant about people saying that Harry Potter is evil... First off, how can you tell the difference between a "good" book and a "evil" book? There's no such thing! scream Millions upon millions of Harry Potter fans have enjoyed the books and have been inspired to create Harry Potter fanart and fanfiction. I also have a little story to tell about how Harry Potter dramically changed my lifestyle. Before I read the series, I rarly read any books thus, I wasted a good portion of my childhood years just sitting about watching television. However, after I finished reading Harry Potter several times, I had a craving to read more books on fanasty. Now, three years later, I have a desire to read more and think more and spend more time in my room, thinking over and over about my favorite books. Eventually, I started having dreams that caused me to contemplate my own chunk-its of a story. In my own words, Rowling helped me find these thoughts for I doubt I could have ever found them on my own. One day, I wish to write my own books about magical and mystery, good and evil, love and hate, and, most of all, life.

Okay, I'm done ranting now! 3nodding
Bravo, well said. 3nodding
I agree. I wasn't all that into reading until I started reading Harry Potter. I got through them so quickly I surprised myself and I started branching out from there. Now I have a bookcase filled with books and I read a lot everyday.

Indeed

Yep 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:51 pm
RubyRays
Hinia_12
Elviondeln
Bloody Dementor
Alright! Now I can type my rant about people saying that Harry Potter is evil... First off, how can you tell the difference between a "good" book and a "evil" book? There's no such thing! scream Millions upon millions of Harry Potter fans have enjoyed the books and have been inspired to create Harry Potter fanart and fanfiction. I also have a little story to tell about how Harry Potter dramically changed my lifestyle. Before I read the series, I rarly read any books thus, I wasted a good portion of my childhood years just sitting about watching television. However, after I finished reading Harry Potter several times, I had a craving to read more books on fanasty. Now, three years later, I have a desire to read more and think more and spend more time in my room, thinking over and over about my favorite books. Eventually, I started having dreams that caused me to contemplate my own chunk-its of a story. In my own words, Rowling helped me find these thoughts for I doubt I could have ever found them on my own. One day, I wish to write my own books about magical and mystery, good and evil, love and hate, and, most of all, life.

Bravo, well said. 3nodding
I agree. I wasn't all that into reading until I started reading Harry Potter. I got through them so quickly I surprised myself and I started branching out from there. Now I have a bookcase filled with books and I read a lot everyday.

Indeed

Yep 3nodding

Yep me and RubyRays (sisters) have each a copy of OoTP and we have to share the rest sad
My best friend in the world can't read HP and when our group of friends would talk about it I felt so guilty sad  

dragons375

Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:05 pm
Bloody Dementor

I've always been a bookworm...I was the kid who usually didn't mind having to read books for school, except for Faust, hated that one! But that was probably because I put it off and put it off until the night before the big exam and tried to cram the whole thing into one night. I stayed up until around 4 a.m. and didn't even finish it! It took forever to read because I had to decode every paragraph before continuing. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:57 pm
I think it is a load of total and utter CRAP.

Rowling doesn't put in any satanic messages in the books. The witchcraft in HP is nothing like Wiccan witchcraft in real life. Even if it were, a rule in Wicca is you may not use magic for evil/bad in any way. If you do, your spell is BACKFIRED threefold.

Load. Of. Crap.  

wafflezinmahpantz

dragons375

Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:03 pm
People in Harry potter celebrate CHRISTMAS!
How is that sitanic?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:18 pm
dragons375
People in Harry potter celebrate CHRISTMAS!
How is that sitanic?

exactly 3nodding  

RubyRays

Seeker

dragons375

Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:16 pm
Oh well... some people think of it as wrong becuase you know the whole Salem Witchcraft thing... that was centuries ago, and why should they associate that with a fiction book, unless they are so stupid as to refuse to look and see that when they find Harry Potter books at a bookstore or Library they are in the FICTION section!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:39 pm
dragons375
Oh well... some people think of it as wrong becuase you know the whole Salem Witchcraft thing... that was centuries ago, and why should they associate that with a fiction book, unless they are so stupid as to refuse to look and see that when they find Harry Potter books at a bookstore or Library they are in the FICTION section!

Well, people are retards, so, eh, what're you gonna do? gonk  

Magenta Platypus

SincerityAnn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:29 am
wow, i just read this whole thread and i didn't find one person to hate!!! rock on harry potter lovers!!! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Kari Seregon
dragons375

Then I bet the really religious people go crying to their momies... yeah, that was harsh but it annoys me when people go on the HP forum and say... 'OMFG HP is lik SOOOOooooOOOOOooo GAY!!111!!!'  

dragons375

Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:38 pm
dragons375
Kari Seregon
dragons375

Then I bet the really religious people go crying to their momies... yeah, that was harsh but it annoys me when people go on the HP forum and say... 'OMFG HP is lik SOOOOooooOOOOOooo GAY!!111!!!'

It depends on how religious the person is. I, for one, know the books aren't real, and know that that sort of magic isn't real. There's no harm in reading it!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:34 am
The person who got me started reading Harry Potter was my best friend, Adrienne. Ag [her nick name] let me barrow the third book, she said I'd like it. I read it and she was right, I loved it. I got book two for Christmas and later on, my sister gave me her copy of book one because she didn't think she'd read it.
The whole time, Ag was all for it. We met and befriended a girl named Laura. Ag and I got Laura interested and we started going to see the movies together. Saw all three of them as a group, but no one could match Ag's Harry Potter collection.
Well, when Ag gets a boyfriend, boyfriend become god. He can't do anything wrong and Ag will ignore her own beliefs and excuse what he does that she might have complained about before dating him. Well, Ag's new boyfriend starts talking to her about some unknown topic. Apparently the conversation had been about Harry Potter.
Ag stopped joining in on Harry Potter coversations.
My friend Reggie had four of the books. He had all of them except the third book so he wanted it for Christmas. Ag and I put our money together and got him the book. Afterwards, I drove Ag home. Ag's little sister [who was also a big HP fan] was the book and was furious. She said, "Oh, so you'll buy it for someone else, but you won't give me yours?" and then Elizabeth stormed off. I was confused.
A weel later I found out what Elizabeth meant. Ag had burned her Harry Potter books. All five books, a trivia game, and even some plushies that only reminded her of the books. Ag had not only stopped liking the series suddenly, she had burned it out of her house. She had even melted her DVDs.
This is horrible on many counts. If she was going to lose interest, they were beter things to do then burn it. She could have given it all to her sister who wanted it. She could have given it to Goodwill for those who could afford it. She could have put it in the recycling bin so all that paper could be reused [which I think would have been a good second choice if she wasn't going to give it to her sister].
Ag had burned it. A waste of money. A waste of matches. Laura, who is very passinate stopped talking to Ag. I have yet to see Ag since this happened, but I'm not pleased. Had Ag's boyfriend's mother not just died, I'd scowld him for talking Ag into it.  

EvilAuthor

Romantic Lunatic

12,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:22 pm
That's awful! crying Extremists like that scare me...

Love your sig, by the way! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:35 pm
I don't really like people to much if they say they hate Harry Potter more then anything else, they should keep there comments to themselves. But then you also have people like my grandma who think that when I read/watch HP that I'm learning "black magic!" How stupid is that, she thinks that I have a wand or something hiding under my bed, so she hates HP too. But I guess that's just the way some people are.  

covo

shruti_frutie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:32 pm
My old skool banned HP books because it contains stuff in that has got to do with magic and witches and stuff!! i mean cont these ppl get a life!!??? it makes me sooooooo mad when ppl say u shudnt read stuff like that cuz it contains stuff to do with magic!! they need to read and then talk!!! stare stare !!!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff