Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Found this in Gaia's GD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aion needs...
  A good hit to the back of the head
  Starbucks, maybe?
  Nothing...he's absoulty right...I AM ugly in real life.
View Results

iMUFFIN HOAR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:52 am
Wolfie Kid
That cheeky little toad!! I use proper English as it is the language we speak... AND you can actually understand it!! Do YOU go around saying 'lol', or 'orly?'? NO! So why bother doing it online? It confuses people!

I thought 'orly' was an airport in France.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:00 am
I don't know about anyone else, but I think that that person is really just mad at him/herself that he/she didn't pay enough attention in English class. Now, he/she doesn't know proper English, is getting called on it and doesn't like it.  

iMUFFIN HOAR

Enen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:11 pm
Smoozle
dameonmac5918
What is a troll, exactly? Forgive my ignorance.

A troll is a goblin like fairy tale creature that lives under a bridge and tries to scare Billy-Goats.

*nods*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:48 am
Oh, the irony.

I believe I shall start ranting in a foreign language.

Rien plus que cela, bien qu'il/elle doit être giflée ou pire. Je vote pour pire. Je signifie, qui remarque est juste une combinaison de liquides de boweled a chargé dans un canon et un coup ! Et si c'est inexact être appelé literates , a fait pourquoi il/elle appelle est literates en premier lieu ? Si vous choisirez sur les « grammairiens » pour choisir sur les parleurs de texte au moins les adresse alors comme tel !

Note: If you run this through a translator it will not make sense.  

CristoVII

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:16 am
Zweite
Oh, the irony.

I believe I shall start ranting in a foreign language.

Rien plus que cela, bien qu'il/elle doit être giflée ou pire. Je vote pour pire. Je signifie, qui remarque est juste une combinaison de liquides de boweled a chargé dans un canon et un coup ! Et si c'est inexact être appelé literates , a fait pourquoi il/elle appelle est literates en premier lieu ? Si vous choisirez sur les « grammairiens » pour choisir sur les parleurs de texte au moins les adresse alors comme tel !

Note: If you run this through a translator it will not make sense.

Si par « pire » vous signifiez déchirant leurs deux points de leur a**s et leurs poumons de leur gorge, les liant en même temps, et alors les tordant ensemble arrondit a dit le cou du troll, le troll alors dit pendu sur un crochet, l'asphyxiant donc de même que l'éviscérant en même temps, alors je concours chaleureusement.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:16 am
Aubrey Nicole
According to dictionary.com, illiterate means: "1. unable to read and write:".
So when (s)he said:
Quote:
They should get better names. I mean, instead of 'literate' and 'illiterate'.
Because, that's implying that the 'illerates' CAN'T read or write.

She's wrong. Plus, she spelled the same word right in one sentence and wrong in the next.
I think it's wrong to assume that all "literates" expect a 7 page response to things. I don't understand why it's hard to use PROPER writing/grammar/spelling. After all, if you write that way for school papers, it can't be THAT HARD to do the same thing in a message board. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful.

I agree with you. People who don't take the time to spell correctly and what not are just lazy, especially those who use 'u' and 'r' for you and are. x.x  

Chase Keyhole

CristoVII

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm
MadnessFreak

Si par « pire » vous signifiez déchirant leurs deux points de leur a**s et leurs poumons de leur gorge, les liant en même temps, et alors les tordant ensemble arrondit a dit le cou du troll, le troll alors dit pendu sur un crochet, l'asphyxiant donc de même que l'éviscérant en même temps, alors je concours chaleureusement.

Je consens, cela est avec à-propos brutal. Faire les manger les grenades de main, alors tirer l'épingle à la dernière minute ! Vous ne pourrez pas faire beaucoup plus après cela, puisque ils seront si éviscérés beaucoup de qu'il a l'air d'ils ont commis seppuku douze fois.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:21 pm
A troll AND a moron. How entertaining.  

Dorali

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:01 am
Zweite
MadnessFreak

Je consens, cela est avec à-propos brutal. Faire les manger les grenades de main, alors tirer l'épingle à la dernière minute ! Vous ne pourrez pas faire beaucoup plus après cela, puisque ils seront si éviscérés beaucoup de qu'il a l'air d'ils ont commis seppuku douze fois.

Tout à fait créatif à bien des égards, mais il y a façons beaucoup plus des productives pour utiliser des explosifs avec l'anatomie humaine. Bien, il n'aura pas certainement d'enfant n'importe quand bientôt.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:40 pm
Yeah... I also think he/she deserves a good smacking. I like to be able to read things people post and if they use this 'txt tlk' I can barely understand what they are trying to say at all!  

Spud of Magic

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:59 pm
Quote:
I mean, it's like this.
They went to school, like the rest of us. And, just because they're probably actually very ugly in real life, they have to write out their sentences perfectly and use proper grammar and all that jazz. I understand it, I do the same.

I went to school. I paid attention to the teacher. I learned how to use grammar properly. What connection is there between being ugly and using correct spelling/grammar? You could be the most beautiful person on the planet and have perfect language skills.

Am I really that ugly?

Honestly, if it were a choice between being smart and looking good, I'd gladly be the ugliest person in existence to know absolutely everything. I'd just wear a mask like Darth Vader whenever I went out in public.

Quote:
I've noticed, all 'literates' are pretty much elitist bastards. And most of them are female. I've also noticed, that most literates use 'elitist humor' by picking on people who make a single misspelling, or use 'shock humor', like using words like 'abortion' 'orgasm' and 'hitler'.

Generalizing much? I am not an "elitist b*****d," nor am I female. I do not pick on people who misspell words. Most of the time I can tell if it is a typo or an honest common mistake. I still misspell "receive" and "conceive" sometimes. (Damn E before I thing...what nonsense...)

I conclude that this person must be kicked in the face 9 times.
stare  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:11 am
Lekonua
Quote:
I mean, it's like this.
They went to school, like the rest of us. And, just because they're probably actually very ugly in real life, they have to write out their sentences perfectly and use proper grammar and all that jazz. I understand it, I do the same.

I went to school. I paid attention to the teacher. I learned how to use grammar properly. What connection is there between being ugly and using correct spelling/grammar? You could be the most beautiful person on the planet and have perfect language skills.

Am I really that ugly?

Honestly, if it were a choice between being smart and looking good, I'd gladly be the ugliest person in existence to know absolutely everything. I'd just wear a mask like Darth Vader whenever I went out in public.

Quote:
I've noticed, all 'literates' are pretty much elitist bastards. And most of them are female. I've also noticed, that most literates use 'elitist humor' by picking on people who make a single misspelling, or use 'shock humor', like using words like 'abortion' 'orgasm' and 'hitler'.

Generalizing much? I am not an "elitist b*****d," nor am I female. I do not pick on people who misspell words. Most of the time I can tell if it is a typo or an honest common mistake. I still misspell "receive" and "conceive" sometimes. (Damn E before I thing...what nonsense...)

I conclude that this person must be kicked in the face 9 times.
stare

1) You don't look ugly, just a little depressed if anything.
2) I agree, there is no connection between grammar and looks.
3) How is saying Hitler 'shock humor'? Hitler was someone's name. It's not a word we use to show off how clever and educated we are, in fact, I think at least 90% of people all around the world can say the word 'Hitler' without being deemed a nerd, or grammar freak... seriously dude, go back to school. rofl  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

dark_moon_priestess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:15 pm
Wow...That was special. She definitely needs a good smack.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:53 am
dark_moon_priestess
Wow...That was special. She definitely needs a good smack.

I second that opinion.  

Obito Sharingan Uchiha

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:17 pm
-pops him in the back of the head and shrugs-

It's not as if I can do much more to his mentality.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff