Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
American Sailor Moon Live Action Movie Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:41 am
~Alechsa~
kawaiibunny3
Nisora

Pluto: Jordana Brewster User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

really? I thought Hale Berri would make the perfect Pluto, Dark Skinned and Sexy heart

You want an olive skin tone for Setsuna, not a brown one. Something Mediterranean would be best.

I'd make Nicole Kidman Uranus, not Neptune, she has more of a Uranus look, especially in that picture. Also has legs that kill. <3

actually pluto would look good being a leggy darker skin then the olive tone. *because..I like her in the manga version we're she's without a doubt very dark person.*

Not giving her a nationality though, just a plutotian. >>;;  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:38 am
no way would i want real ppl! anime is the best compared to real ppl so just let it stay the same! stressed  

shadownightmare666

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:29 pm
I dont want it to be a /american liveaction. Anyway they probably would never do it in America.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:35 pm
Omg, I Must see that movie when it comes out!  

mintycho

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:36 pm
Origins of rumors:

[ Blog ] and [ Interview ].

If what the blog says is true and Joss Whedon is writing, I'll see it. The man is responsible for Buffy, Firefly, and Serenity. Not even bad acting can destroy his ability to write well.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:28 pm
I aggree the Anime was better but I feel that if it was done right A live actio movie would be good not only would it be good for fans of the show now but could be great to get more new fans and maybe even bring the anime back onto the air in the us. heart  

setsuna-chan22

Syndrama

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:43 pm
ShadedGray
Origins of rumors:

If what the blog says is true and Joss Whedon is writing, I'll see it. The man is responsible for Buffy, Firefly, and Serenity. Not even bad acting can destroy his ability to write well.

Dates of postings: May 8 2006, Apr 18th 2006

It is not almost June of 2007 and no other news has been released. I'd call it safe to say the project was canceled quietly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:14 am
Yes, I know it's a rumor. It's just that if Fox or someone did decide to do their own live action version of the anime it would probably just blow. Sailor Moon has always been one of my favorite animes and always will be. I just cannot see them getting it right.

I know it's not Sailor Moon, but I am really ticked about them making a live action Speed Racer movie. They announced it a week or two ago. It's like they cannot leave things alone.

Please just leave SM alone and leave fans very happy.

Okay I could see Jordana Brewster as Sailor Pluto, but Nicole Kidman and Carla Gugino in it as scouts is way out there.  

Iamsobored

Thankful Consumer

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:20 pm
I heard tell that they were going to have Lindsay Lohan as Sailor Moon and that it has indeed been cancelled.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:15 pm
gonk  

thatdrncat

Tsuki_Usagi_san

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:53 pm
Yeah old rumor. I've writen with Naoko about all this live action stuff, and she's never agreed. Plus it would be totally un heard of child actors- well teen actors. If they had plans to make an american live action they would have to hold auditions and If that happened... I'D TOTALLY BE THERE!!! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:45 pm
+Trynyti+
gonk
For the love of Sailor Moon and all things related, please don't let that rumor be true.
If they make a movie, they might as well start making that half cartoon half live action show too. . .

AHHH!!! It's DIC in the making! Please say it ain't so! I mean if they are going to make it, keep it in Japanese at least!  

Mystifying Social Disease

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:08 am
~Alechsa~
ShadedGray
Origins of rumors:

Dates of postings: May 8 2006, Apr 18th 2006

It is not almost June of 2007 and no other news has been released. I'd call it safe to say the project was canceled quietly.

Without a doubt. And it's not like Toei's going to give Fox the rights anyway. I'd be willing to bet Sailor Moon's days in America are done. Which sucks.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:43 am
autumn_rabbit13
I heard somewhere that FOX bought the rights to Sailor Moon, and were thinking of making a live action movie. I don't know if this is true or not, but I was wondering if they did, which actor or actress would you pick to play the characters?

Examples: Sara Michell Geller as Sailor Moon and Freddie Prinz Jr. as Tuxedo Mask (not really my choices here but I am just saying...)

Don't even suggest something like that! *shudders* They'll turn it back into a kids show... Don't you see? Sailor moon wasn't meant to be a children's show... it's for young adults... like the 15+ crowd.

Besides... Toei is being a betch about giving the rights away for reasons I still haven't figured out.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

chibihotachan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:37 am
It is only a rumour but I agree, it is fun to speculate. If they were to make a live action movie, I think they should stick to actors closer in age to that of the characters, like in PGSM. Also Ilike the idea of it just being the five senshi, probably not everyone and no chibi-moon. If they did, she'd just turn into an annoying little sidekick like Sailor Luna. Also I think maybe Luna and Artemis should be ghosts of thier Mau forms as opposed to cats. I'm not to familiar with the current young stars, so I will have to do a lot of thinking ot cast...  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff