Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SM or CCS
Sailor Moon
37%
 37%  [ 26 ]
Cardcaptor Sakura
62%
 62%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 69

Andserkiel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:07 am
Neko-Yousei
Andserkiel
Otako
Andserkiel
"Looks really out of whack"? sweatdrop
out of whack=dumb stare

crying how could you...

*pats Andserkiel-chan on ze back*
daijoubu~ 3nodding

*sniffs* Thankyou. What's 'daijoubu'?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:17 am
Neko-Yousei

CCS has it's moments of non-happy-go-luckyness ... ninja Especially in the movies (#2!!!) and toward the middle/end of the series. Infact, the second season shocked me when I saw the battle with Yue and Sakura. I thought it was the most violent thing EVARRR in CCS. My mouth literally hung open for a while, eyes wide open with shock. eek
And the third season when Meiling leaves for China and then she comes back to learn that Syaoran has fallen in love (yeah...'love', they're 4th, maybe 5th graders by now) with Sakura. Meiling's big teary eyes and and and...crying with Tomoyo...Very touching and sad. And the elevator episode!!!! With Syaoran and Sakura! One of my favs...Syaoran is just screaming Sakura's name when she disappears!
Oh, I wanna watch it...but I dun't have it. Poo. xp

When me and my mates saw the Yueh/Sakura battle we literally had our faces stuck to the screen xd The way he hits her with those crystal things and she gets blasted away from the tower eek Now we've seen it a dozen times it's lost it's impact, now we're in love with the Eli/Sakura battle, the way Li helps her transform the cards heart
That Meiling episode was sad, yeah she's a pain but I like her, you go girl!
Omg, you just reminded me about the elevator episode! My mates seen it and says it's brilliant but I haven't crying Please release season 2 on DVD Contender! (UK company who released the movie and episodes 1-12)  

Andserkiel

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:00 am
Andserkiel
Neko-Yousei
Andserkiel
Otako
Andserkiel
"Looks really out of whack"? sweatdrop
out of whack=dumb stare

crying how could you...

*pats Andserkiel-chan on ze back*
daijoubu~ 3nodding

*sniffs* Thankyou. What's 'daijoubu'?

It's means "it's okay" or "it'll be alright", along those lines.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:04 am
Andserkiel
Neko-Yousei

CCS has it's moments of non-happy-go-luckyness ... ninja Especially in the movies (#2!!!) and toward the middle/end of the series. Infact, the second season shocked me when I saw the battle with Yue and Sakura. I thought it was the most violent thing EVARRR in CCS. My mouth literally hung open for a while, eyes wide open with shock. eek
And the third season when Meiling leaves for China and then she comes back to learn that Syaoran has fallen in love (yeah...'love', they're 4th, maybe 5th graders by now) with Sakura. Meiling's big teary eyes and and and...crying with Tomoyo...Very touching and sad. And the elevator episode!!!! With Syaoran and Sakura! One of my favs...Syaoran is just screaming Sakura's name when she disappears!
Oh, I wanna watch it...but I dun't have it. Poo. xp

When me and my mates saw the Yueh/Sakura battle we literally had our faces stuck to the screen xd The way he hits her with those crystal things and she gets blasted away from the tower eek Now we've seen it a dozen times it's lost it's impact, now we're in love with the Eli/Sakura battle, the way Li helps her transform the cards heart
That Meiling episode was sad, yeah she's a pain but I like her, you go girl!
Omg, you just reminded me about the elevator episode! My mates seen it and says it's brilliant but I haven't crying Please release season 2 on DVD Contender! (UK company who released the movie and episodes 1-12)

I think I'm the only person I know out of all my anime friends who've seen CCS that truely likes Meiling. That's probably because I have the tendancy to like annoying characters... ninja
Yes, the elevator episode is very very good. I still haven't seen the ending of CCS, but I have a guide book for the third season...but it's...in...Japanese...eheh sweatdrop But it DOES have pictures!!! I think I know of someone who I can borrow the DVDs from...I think. I don't know if she collected it all the way through... Hmmm...  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

lizstar

7,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:35 am
I guess I need to watch more of CCS. I've only seen a few episodes on Cartoon Network (blast its evilness!!), so they probably weren't as good as they could have been.

I also have a problem with how young they are and the relationships the characters are supposed to have. I think several people have already mentioned this, however.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:50 pm
SAILOR MOON ALL THE WAY!
only, i hate the American TV version. Its so childish!! stare But I love Sailor Uranus and Neptune! They are soo KAWAII!!

Mari Rose

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:14 pm
here's my thing.Sakura doesn't have a PERSONALITY!I don't care if she's only in grade 4, she's still boring.And come on, people make it out it's some must see anime.I just think the characters are like 2D with nothing but there cheery thoughts and mediocore magic.The designs for costumes and the clow cards are good but the plot of the anime goes down the toilet when the "mysterious things" started happening.I mean come on Sakura, put one and one together, Cloud Reid is back as the kid who not only looks like him but his voice sounds like him.As for the boys who don't khow if they have a releationship together, how hard is it to tell that your gay?for gods sake,even Sakura and Lei's relationship is boring.The advances in there relationship took most of the series to even get to the part where they realize they like eachother xd yesh, i'm not saying that this is a terrible series but why do people think it's the best thing ever made.Course thats my oppinion at least.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:35 pm
Otako
here's my thing.Sakura doesn't have a PERSONALITY!I don't care if she's only in grade 4, she's still boring.And come on, people make it out it's some must see anime.I just think the characters are like 2D with nothing but there cheery thoughts and mediocore magic.The designs for costumes and the clow cards are good but the plot of the anime goes down the toilet when the "mysterious things" started happening.I mean come on Sakura, put one and one together, Cloud Reid is back as the kid who not only looks like him but his voice sounds like him.As for the boys who don't khow if they have a releationship together, how hard is it to tell that your gay?for gods sake,even Sakura and Lei's relationship is boring.The advances in there relationship took most of the series to even get to the part where they realize they like eachother xd yesh, i'm not saying that this is a terrible series but why do people think it's the best thing ever made.Course thats my oppinion at least.

Heh...heh...heh... twisted

Sakura DOES have a personality...She's freaking scared of ghosts or anything related to ghosts, she's a loyal friend, she's shy, she loves her family very much, even her (oni) Onii-chan. lol Her mother freaking died and she has personality and crap through that. She's got the personality. The only character that doesn't really have much of a personality is the dad and the grandpa. And her DAD even has personality, so I don't know what the crap you're talking about!!! scream
About Eriol and Clow Reid, you don't expect a great sorcerer to just happen be an new exchange student!!! Thoughts like that don't even cross a normal person's mind!!! And she didn't know what Clow looked like or sounded like, she never even met him till later!!!
And the relationships? Seriously, they're in 4th grade and how many shy boys who've been friends with a girl for a while go right up to her and tell her he's in love with her? Not many!!! And I know from experiance that you don't always know when you like a person. And there's really no way to explain that. razz
About Yuki and Touya, they never fully came out and became a couple, they were just close friends...but then as the series progressed it seemed that they were a bit more, BUT it never came out and said it. So it's just a common assumption.
There. That's my say. Debates and stuff are fun! whee  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Capricorinations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:57 pm
Neko-Yousei
Otako

Sakura DOES have a personality...She's freaking scared of ghosts or anything related to ghosts, she's a loyal friend, she's shy, she loves her family very much, even her (oni) Onii-chan. lol Her mother freaking died and she has personality and crap through that. She's got the personality. The only character that doesn't really have much of a personality is the dad and the grandpa. And her DAD even has personality, so I don't know what the crap you're talking about!!! scream
About Eriol and Clow Reid, you don't expect a great sorcerer to just happen be an new exchange student!!! Thoughts like that don't even cross a normal person's mind!!! And she didn't know what Clow looked like or sounded like, she never even met him till later!!!
And the relationships? Seriously, they're in 4th grade and how many shy boys who've been friends with a girl for a while go right up to her and tell her he's in love with her? Not many!!! And I know from experiance that you don't always know when you like a person. And there's really no way to explain that. razz
About Yuki and Touya, they never fully came out and became a couple, they were just close friends...but then as the series progressed it seemed that they were a bit more, BUT it never came out and said it. So it's just a common assumption.
good points but wat about the vision of Cloud Reid that Sakura saw when she got her second staff after she beat Yui?and when she had that vision that showed Kero and Yui talking to Cloud Reid?in both, she said "Cloud Reid?" after he started to talk to her and in both he was visible to her and was talking.And the relationship between Lei and Sakura?sure there in Gr.4 but T.V. and mangas are fiction so therefor,they could do anything.It would improve the story.And by the way,i started to now what girls i liked when i was in Gr.4 and i told them.Plus Sakura is smart enough to know if a guy likes her.She should read some Sailor Moon to understand WHAT she should be like with her romantic interest.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:37 pm
I-I can't decide crying
But if i had to choose i say Cardcaptors...wait no, Sailor Moon...
*walks over to wall, knocks head against it, comes back sits down*

Ahem. My final choice would be...Sailor Moon (I love Cardcaptors toooo).
The anime and manga were soo cool.But i only liked the manga of Cardcaptors(No romance in the anime sad )  

EmpressVampire

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:46 pm
Otako
Neko-Yousei
Otako

good points but wat about the vision of Cloud Reid that Sakura saw when she got her second staff after she beat Yui?and when she had that vision that showed Kero and Yui talking to Cloud Reid?in both, she said "Cloud Reid?" after he started to talk to her and in both he was visible to her and was talking.And the relationship between Lei and Sakura?sure there in Gr.4 but T.V. and mangas are fiction so therefor,they could do anything.It would improve the story.And by the way,i started to now what girls i liked when i was in Gr.4 and i told them.Plus Sakura is smart enough to know if a guy likes her.She should read some Sailor Moon to understand WHAT she should be like with her romantic interest.

Even though she saw Reid (forgot about that sweatdrop ), you still do not expect a great sorcerer to be an new exchange student! Of course, we do because we've watched animes enough to know these things. I personally don't think Eriol and Reid look too much alike other than the dark hair and glasses.
And again, about gr. 4 and relationships.
Otako
T.V. and mangas are fiction so therefor,they could do anything

What the crap are trying to say there?!? Yeah it fiction, but that still doesn't mean that they're not gonna try and keep it in the real world. In the real world, kids that old don't hook up. They're pretty much friends who hold hands and maybe give a peck on the cheek. There is nothing else for 4th graders to do.
Also, yes...When you're in 4th grade you know who like and you can tell them, this is all very good and all but you're forgetting not only is Sakura EXTREMELY dense, but Li is EXTREMELY shy when it comes to his feelings about Sakura. He couldn't even give her the bear until the end for crying out loud!!! Nyaaa!!! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:16 pm
Neko-Yousei
Otako
Neko-Yousei
Otako

Even though she saw Reid (forgot about that sweatdrop ), you still do not expect a great sorcerer to be an new exchange student! Of course, we do because we've watched animes enough to know these things. I personally don't think Eriol and Reid look too much alike other than the dark hair and glasses.
And again, about gr. 4 and relationships.
Otako
T.V. and mangas are fiction so therefor,they could do anything

What the crap are trying to say there?!? Yeah it fiction, but that still doesn't mean that they're not gonna try and keep it in the real world. In the real world, kids that old don't hook up. They're pretty much friends who hold hands and maybe give a peck on the cheek. There is nothing else for 4th graders to do.
Also, yes...When you're in 4th grade you know who like and you can tell them, this is all very good and all but you're forgetting not only is Sakura EXTREMELY dense, but Li is EXTREMELY shy when it comes to his feelings about Sakura. He couldn't even give her the bear until the end for crying out loud!!! Nyaaa!!! whee
sure there GR.4 but havn't they ever heard of taking the releationship to the next level?or the fact the romance didn't progress at all throught the series?i mean i can really see if they kissed or something liked hugged but the relationship is like cardboard.  

Capricorinations

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:22 pm
Otako
Neko-Yousei

sure there GR.4 but havn't they ever heard of taking the releationship to the next level?or the fact the romance didn't progress at all throught the series?i mean i can really see if they kissed or something liked hugged but the relationship is like cardboard.

Listen...in 4th grade you don't take a relationship to the next level!!! Do you honestly want to see little 4th graders making out?!? NO! This is an honest, sweet anime...You don't DO that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:36 pm
*raises her hand*
If I may put my two cents in...*ahem*
I have to agree with Neko. When your in Gr.4 you have no real idea how relationships are suppose to work; you might not even be sure if you like guys or girls! You are just expecting them to progress at a much faster speed than they realistically can. And maybe the series isn't meant to center around romantic relationships. Maybe the focus is something else entirely. Have you ever thought of that?  

Tobias Mule

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:18 pm
Mika Relie
*raises her hand*
If I may put my two cents in...*ahem*
I have to agree with Neko. When your in Gr.4 you have no real idea how relationships are suppose to work; you might not even be sure if you like guys or girls! You are just expecting them to progress at a much faster speed than they realistically can. And maybe the series isn't meant to center around romantic relationships. Maybe the focus is something else entirely. Have you ever thought of that?

*lurves Mika* 3nodding  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces