Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies
What's your favorite Sci-Fi book or series? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virtual
  Gold
View Results

Naterbee

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:38 am
Lennie the Fish
Beeblebrox for President

Hm... I quoteWho would write a book about a boring Earth man? neutral

No, it's totally about me. I mean ... I'm just so amazing.

Hm... nah. Still think it's Aurther. Or maybe Ford. I like Ford. Besides. I don't remeber anyone with the name Beeblebrox being in that book.

You're kidding me right?
Zaphod?
The bloke with the two heads?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:23 am
Red dwarf!! Omg im addicted, the series is brilliant and the books are just as good, but darker. Anyone else heart it?  

luneborg

Siiru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:22 pm
Orson Scott Card's "Ender Series". smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:26 am
Dune series of books including those written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
Deathlands Series of books
Outlanders series of books
Shadowrun series of books  

mccullars

Hato Bakufu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:16 pm
Mine's... Maximum Ride... Maximum Ride is a book series written by the award-winning American author, James Patterson, starting from April 11, 2005 and continuing to the present. There are currently four titles in the action-adventure/fantasy series... The main plot follows the adventures of Maximum Ride, more widely known as Max, and her group of human-avian hybrids (known as the flock), who have been the subjects of experiments leaving them 98% human and 2% bird. The flock is constantly being hunted down by Erasers, human-lupine (wolf) hybrids, that were also created at the School, a secret facility in Death Valley, California, "where a bunch of mad scientists fool around with gene splicing and other complex sciences."Upon leaving the School, they settle down in a house in the mountains. After being discovered by the Erasers, Angel, the youngest of the flock, is kidnapped by them. The rest of the flock sets out on a action-packed adventure to get her back. The adventure takes them all over the world, from California to New York in the first novel, to Washington D.C. in the second, to Europe in the third, and Antarctica in the fourth... Grand book... Try it out... It made me want to fly... Iggy was my favourite... Iggy is fourteen and the third oldest member of the flock; his blindness, caused by a failed attempt to surgically enhance his night vision when he was younger, is one of his defining traits. He is very talented at building and using bombs, which he makes in cooperation with his best friend, the Gasman (Gazzy). He is also skilled at picking locks, which Max mentions in the first book. Since he became blind, his other senses have been greatly heightened (e.g.. identifying members of the flock by the feel of their skin or feathers, a quasi-echolocation, telling when someone is coming through vibrations in the floor, identifying others by the feel of their fingerprints, feeling the color of an object, seeing things that have a white background, and discovering a man's ATM password through the musical tones created by the keypad), and he uses them to compensate for his inability to see. Although he is blind, Iggy is the only one in the flock who can cook well.... God, I ramble... Check it out if you want... PM me for more info I suppose.... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:19 pm
mine is Dale Brown love the technology  

Apache_10

cersiesnow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 am
The Change series by SM Sterling. Every interesting  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:36 am
Hmm... probably the Maximum Ride series heart  

IvyStarling

Kerosene Helix

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 am
The Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy! scream *fires the opinion gun at you so that you agree*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 am
Lennie the Fish
Beeblebrox for President

Hm... I quoteWho would write a book about a boring Earth man? neutral
No, it's totally about me. I mean ... I'm just so amazing.

Hm... nah. Still think it's Aurther. Or maybe Ford. I like Ford. Besides. I don't remeber anyone with the name Beeblebrox being in that book.
Excuse me. *gets up to get a beverage so that she can spit out a mouthful in shock* How can you NOT remember a name like "BEEBLEBROX"? gonk  

Kerosene Helix

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kerosene Helix

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:31 am
I also like War of the Worlds.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:22 pm
Kerosene Helix
The Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy! scream *fires the opinion gun at you so that you agree*

xDD I've read that series too and it was so funny. However, the best series I've read so far would be the Kris Longknife series by Mike Shephard. Definiately a good read.  

iiCookehMonstur

LilBlackBird

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 pm
The Saga of the Noble Dead by Barb and J.C. Hendee

that tale is EPIC ^____^ (not to be confused with EPICAC XP)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:40 pm
Orson Scott Card!

I liked his Ender's Shadow series better than his Ender books though... with all the little genii joining the global community...

bleacheddragon

Margem

High-functioning Bibliophile

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:01 pm
"False Dawn" by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

This book is about mutants and how people react to atmospherical damage. It gets pretty violent, though, including rape and beatings... I don't like those parts. It's a survival of who-ever-can-suvive (not of the "fittest").  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff