Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How young is too young? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:35 pm
My ears were pierced when I was maybe eighteen, twenty-four months old. A lot of girls get pierced ears when they're little. I let my ears heal because I detest earrings. But my cousins have left their holes intact and love to wear earrings.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:34 pm
Veruniel
I can understand teens getting piercings. Hell, I can understand preteens getting piercings. But a TODDLER? Isn't that taking it too far?

I saw a little girl on the bus today, wearing gold hoop earrings. She couldn't have been more than three. It seems really crass to put earrings on a kid that age, and really cruel to stick pins through their ears when they're too young to be making the desicion on their own. I've seen little children get pierced, I've seen how hard they cry, and I think it's ******** wrong.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned. Do you think there should be an age limit on piercing? If so, what should it be?

I completely agree. It really upsets me when I see it being done. The baby (which is the youngest I've seen) always ends up screaming like crazy after its done. I can't imagine whats going through that child's head when suddenly a sharp pain tears through their ears. They don't know whats going on and what if they don't want them. Hell I didn't want my ears done till I was 14 I think and now I'm a freak for all things body modification. wow I'm rambling anyway, all I'm saying is I think piercings should wait till the child is old enough to make that choice and take care of them.  

Lady Detarra

Bakurish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:59 pm
I got my ears pierced for the first time when I was seven. I believe that getting piercing anytime before that it too young. When you're old enough to know that you want piercing, and can prove that you're ready, then damnit, you're ready.
But... that's just me.
confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:21 pm
I'm kind of half and half on this. While getting a child's ears pierced while they are very little (before toddler) gets the pain over with and gets rid of the fear of getting them pierced when they are older, the kid is stuck with the holes for the rest of their life. If they wait until they are older (youngest being..... ten) then it is their own decision and they have to live with the consequences. I think that it's better to let them choose on their own. I mean, if the kid decided that they don't want pierced ears when they get older and they got them pierced when they were really little and they've already healed many years ago, they can't do s**t. I don't think it's fair to do that to anyone. Especially when it's just because the parents want their kid to have them and it's not for like, religious reasons or something. That's just not right.  

Corpse_Bride_131

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:31 am
Awe. As far as ears go I think they should be old enough to say, "Mommy, can I get my ears pierced?"

Anything else... I'd say 12 at the very least.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:31 am
I had my earrings when I was 5  

xslipknotmaniacx

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:51 pm
Honestly, I don't know what to think. My mom got my ears pierced when I was about 3 months old. When I asked her why, she explained it was so that people could tell I was a girl and not a boy. O.o
The only good news is that I love my piercings and that at least I don't remember the pain from the piercings. However, I do believe that the person themselves should be allowed to make that choice and take care of them. Say, around 12 or so.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:26 pm
I was seven the frst time I got my ears pierced and my sister (then five) had to get hers pierced because I wanted mine pierced. My sister cried because of the pain she felt, I wanted to get another one done again right after. I think that the parents should wait until the child asks for a piercing more then three times before the child gets their ears pierced, because then they will have more of an awareness of what they are going into and has made that choice on their own.  

nikia kitty

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:22 pm
Veruniel
I can understand teens getting piercings. Hell, I can understand preteens getting piercings. But a TODDLER? Isn't that taking it too far?

I saw a little girl on the bus today, wearing gold hoop earrings. She couldn't have been more than three. It seems really crass to put earrings on a kid that age, and really cruel to stick pins through their ears when they're too young to be making the desicion on their own. I've seen little children get pierced, I've seen how hard they cry, and I think it's ******** wrong.

But maybe I'm just old fashioned. Do you think there should be an age limit on piercing? If so, what should it be?

I got my ears pierced when I was little and I cried pretty hard, but I don't think it was wrong of my mother to do it. I'm almost 19 now and have had 13 piercings so far and plan on getting more. I love my piercings.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 am
Veruniel

I don't see a problem with parents giving their 3 or 4 year olds earrings. I see it more as a cultural thing for some. Earrings I have no problem with for young kids.

But tounge piercings on preteens just piss me off and creep me out.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

shadowcat715

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:53 pm
spooky_sez

I don't see a problem with parents giving their 3 or 4 year olds earrings. I see it more as a cultural thing for some. Earrings I have no problem with for young kids.

But tounge piercings on preteens just piss me off and creep me out.

Ditto.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:34 pm
User Image
Earrings I belive are fine for young kids.
But facial peircings I belive should on be for teenagers and adults.

Suicide Lollies

Scott Ritter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:57 pm
I believe that the child should have some say
getting pierce before you can speak just doesn't make sense to me
wait for them to make the choice  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:26 am
Veruniel

I personally like the fact that toddlers have piercings I was 3 years old when I first got my ears pierced.  

Devils_lilboy

MEOWITSTERRA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 am
I was in a Clair's at the mall around x-mas, and the employees had basically strapped a two-year-old down to their peircing chair. This kid was crying and screaming, and her mom was just sitting there yapping on her cell phone. I was so disgusted I left.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff