Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
MeruPuri Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanna_chisamii

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:09 pm
heart Matsuri Hino's work you get hooked...any one read Captive Hearts?? heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 pm
I love Meru Puri! It one of my favorite manga!! I love Matsuri Hino's work!!
Yeah, I have read Captive Hearts! I love that!!  

Ayumu02

Holly

Kawaii Shoujo

18,400 Points
  • Hero 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:06 pm
I haven't been in this guild in forever, but I just remembered it because I want to talk about MeruPuri.

omgggg..........wtf @_____@

I read the first volume or two way back when it first came out in 2005. About a year ago I saw the last two volumes for half-price at a shop, so I got them. I didn't remember much about the series, but I knew that the art was gorgeous.....I had the feeling that they disturbed me somewhat though. Anyway, yesterday I finally took the time to reread them & I finished them all today. I was seriously like "wtf??????!!!" though. I couldn't get into the story at all. I just couldn't get past the fact that the boy was seven and the girl was fifteen. That just totally grossed me out. Am I the only who feels like this? @____@ I know it's a fantasy series, but yuck. If it were reversed & there was a fifteen-year-old boy and a seven-year-old girl, I don't think anyone would think that was ok >___> Anyway, I just had to get that out xD I don't think I'll be rereading this series any time soon :/ I felt like a total creeper when I was done reading it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:40 pm
i really liked this series!! but the ages never added up correctly. it was a little frustrating.  

starbubbles

Sparkly Millionaire

7,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:19 pm
Holly
I haven't been in this guild in forever, but I just remembered it because I want to talk about MeruPuri.

omgggg..........wtf @_____@

I read the first volume or two way back when it first came out in 2005. About a year ago I saw the last two volumes for half-price at a shop, so I got them. I didn't remember much about the series, but I knew that the art was gorgeous.....I had the feeling that they disturbed me somewhat though. Anyway, yesterday I finally took the time to reread them & I finished them all today. I was seriously like "wtf??????!!!" though. I couldn't get into the story at all. I just couldn't get past the fact that the boy was seven and the girl was fifteen. That just totally grossed me out. Am I the only who feels like this? @____@ I know it's a fantasy series, but yuck. If it were reversed & there was a fifteen-year-old boy and a seven-year-old girl, I don't think anyone would think that was ok >___> Anyway, I just had to get that out xD I don't think I'll be rereading this series any time soon :/ I felt like a total creeper when I was done reading it.

It's...

There are definitely problems with the concept. I don't agree with putting a kid into an adult body and pretending like that makes it okay to ship him with someone twice his age.

I think part of what made it work, though is that both of the characters were very innocent about it. If, say, Jeile, had been the kid, it would have been a whole 'nother story lol

I don't remember the end very well, but I think I remember them establishing that they wouldn't make their relationship as serious until he was of age.

While the concept is troublesome, I still ended up loving this manga to pieces . Whether I should be ashamed of this or not, I'm not sure, but it's by far my favorite Matsuri Hino series.

Anyone else notice that Hino has a habit of including questionable relationships in her manga? ***** in this one, incest in Vampire Knight, master/servant relations in Captive Hearts... (the last may not be as questionable, but still) That's not meant to be a critique on her. I do like her manga. It's just an interesting trend I've noticed.

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games