Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Nine Inch Nails Guild
year zero: first impressions and favorite song. . . thus yet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I got my. . .
  fist!
  pain!
  violence in HIGH DEF ultra realism!
  SURVIVALISSSUM.
View Results

Crazy Kitten Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:34 pm
This album is a lot creepier after looking at all the websites from the World of Year Zero (which you can find at ninwiki.com). It's not like I'm worried about all this stuff, but I can definitely see it happening.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:42 pm
ever since they put it on their website, for free witch is totally awesome, I listened to it about a million times. I love the storyline that goes along with year zero.  

KumoriShin

Oni Ufarion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:04 pm
Survivalism is excellent, Me I'm not is also great. I love My Violent Heart, but my top two are definitely The Great Destroyer and Zero Sum. These album is amazing. It's the only thing I have been listening to. I am sure it's starting to drive my girlfriend nuts.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:05 pm
Crazy Kitten Smile
This album is a lot creepier after looking at all the websites from the World of Year Zero (which you can find at ninwiki.com). It's not like I'm worried about all this stuff, but I can definitely see it happening.

I think the whole Year Zero world sounds very possible. Hell, we are living in -15 B.A. Who knows what the future holds? But if it's a future of underground resistance and lot's of NIN, count me in!  

Oni Ufarion

Raven heero

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:20 pm
Oni Ufarion
Crazy Kitten Smile

I think the whole Year Zero world sounds very possible. Hell, we are living in -15 B.A. Who knows what the future holds? But if it's a future of underground resistance and lot's of NIN, count me in!
yah i know exactly what you mean. smae here  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:38 pm
I've been following the ARG on ETS since the trailer popped up online (the trailer which scared the piss out of me, by the way...). The album is AMAZING. I've been listening to it nonstop in my car. To work, from work, to the store, etc...I just can't get enough.

It's difficult to narrow down my favorite song. At the moment it's 'God Given'. I also love 'My Violent Heart'. But seriously, I haven't loved so many songs on the same NIN album since TDS.  

Veeling

Veeling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:40 pm
'The Great Destroyer' is, to me, like riding a rollercoaster. I literally brace myself whenever the song is about to break down. And that last vocal stretch is the audio equivalent of being dropped from ten stories. Crazy amazing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:13 pm
I think Year Zero is the next Dark Side of The Moon
it points out the same fears and govermental stuff as it, and it will probably be remembered forever.
I have never heard anything like the keyboard (right?) solo in "The Beggining of The End"  

dotHACKpunk

Ryoko~Shoujo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:23 pm
Raven heero
Oni Ufarion
Crazy Kitten Smile

yah i know exactly what you mean. smae here

oh, are you guys following the storyline, too? it's SO well-thought out. i've been following it for a week or so on various forums, and it seems like every few days, there are more theories and stuff about how each site relates to the others. one thing i thought was interesting was all the subliminal messages in the "survivalism" video. if anyone's interested, i can scrounge up some of these conspiracy theory sites.

but yeah, i'll admit - spent a few hours gyrating to the album in my room :] yet another great work. i love how each album has its own personality. with teeth felt kinda...sensual, you know. but year zero is even more intense.

edit: oh, and my favorite tracks so far are "vessel" and "good soldier."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:01 pm
Year Zero is probably my favorite album out of the three that I have {I am very poor... and need more money... and iTunes needs more albums....}

I liked "Good Soldier", "Me, I'm Not", and "The Great Destroyer".

I'm trying to follow the storyline but it's kinda difficult with a sucky laptop!!!! {Me= crying }  

irony is my game

Songai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:40 am
I like Capital G
lol

and...

The warning. many more too. Hope there comes a movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:52 am
capital G  

dmchilln

Tentacles-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:14 pm
At first I really didnt like about half the CD, but now its grown on me and I cant get enough. My faves are Capital G, Survivalism, my Violent Heart, The good Soldier and Meet your master razz . I was at the concert where they first premiered Hyper Power and Beginning of the end biggrin . And I put up like 250 AIR posters but all these kids took them down and were like ' oh we thought TR put them up'...pffft llike he could be bothered :/  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:36 pm
Survivalism, In This Twilight, then the rest.  

WretchedTora

toothbrushxalmighty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:07 pm
Definitely a wee bit overboard with the static. But that aside, I love the whole album! Especially Survivalism and God Given 3nodding  
The Nine Inch Nails Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff