Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
No s**t, There I Was..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:34 am
littlegreengirl
Commissar Russ
Imzy

*lol* ah, yes, the karabushka (I think...). That dance can be lethal, especially if you have anything weighty dangling from your belt, or long tippets on your sleeves, or anything like that. biggrin
Is that the russian cossak dance that has you squat close to the ground and kick out?

nope, it's a late period dance that involves a whole lot of spinning.
That sounds like fun. blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:55 pm
*sits, she does, and waves her hands to get everyone's attention...*

No s**t! There I was all cozy-warm type in m'furs durin' a winter event up in them hills called Poconos. 'tho nae "real" event as tis was jes' a wee group from th' local shire, they dun begged me t'taggon fer I ken th' bestest "scary tells" as I'm tol'.

So, in m' furs, all nice n'snuggly, I wrap m'tartan o'er my head ta keep t'chill from reaching down m'throat n'I hears a snufflin' o'er yon th'corner o'th'lean-to.

I ken them youngins are tryin' ta scare me outta m'wits. After all, I jes tol' 'em 'bout th' headless warrior who runs amuk in these woods. So's I jes laugh loudly, then roll o'er an' fall ta sleep.

All night long, tis snufflin' an' shakin' o' th'lean-to kept m'eyes from findin' Nod, an' I was gettin' rather irked if'n I kin say. So's I grabs m'dinner knife, and makes a hole in'th' wall---

an' a big black wet nose pokes thru!!!

I'm up! I grab m'Pheonix (nice long sword of nice spanish steel) an' scream to th' gods hopin' ta scare th' bear back ta its winter sleep...

Instead, I got a wonderfully strong odour d'skunk fer m' troubles. xp

Fer th' rest o' th' campout, I was Kirthag th'Odious One.  

LessZoa

Distinct Gaian

3,150 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 1 Win 50

Courtesan Brigitte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:32 pm
No s**t, there I was, in the midst of fiercest battle...

(Okay, I wasn't actually there, but I'm told it was a fierce battle from people who know a fierce battle when they see one.) The levy of Starkhafn was rushing its enemies, fearless as heroes, and my dear friend, the Lord Wolf of Wexford, was tripped by an illegal blow to the ankle. (Or so he says. Others have it different.) ]

The brave Wolf flew forward, falling onto his huge shield and sledding across the battlefield, leaving behind him a furrow to make any farmer proud.

The Wolf he is no longer--now he's called the Plow!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:28 pm
No s**t there I was having a boffer match with a friend when I see this guy surronded by about 6 men. The guy in the middle is leaning on a car hood and was clearly on somthing or drunk off his a**. The police showed up and 5 peppersprays later he finally went down.

In a way I feel sorry for the poor bum, he was in costume and was wearing a long tunic, which looks like a dress... to a long time incarcirated prisoner biggrin  

Abyssal Hamster

Tangentia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:13 am
So this isn't my story, but I was at this event and a couple of my campmates heard it go on, but were too disturbed to witness it...so I suppose this is a third-hand account.

In May Crown of this year there was quite an uproar in the royal encampment. His Excellency, then His Majesty, called out that there was a man in his camp that felt no pain and that he was taking bets on whether this man would allow someone to kick his unprotected man parts. I understand the man took two good hard shots (raised him clean up off the ground). Around two hundred dollars was promptly deposited in the Royal Travel Fund.

We have since found out that this is a very illegal sort of fundraiser but we forgive them... everyone was very drunk.

Now, it is not uncommon to hear a man's junk referred to as his 'Kingdom Travel Fund', which baffles pretty much everyone who wasn't there... which makes it even better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:50 pm
No s**t there I was at baronial defenders tourney and I mistook my own father for a mead wench... xp sorry dad  

The Abortionater

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:51 pm
Shnelt
No s**t there I was at baronial defenders tourney and I mistook my own father for a mead wench... xp sorry dad

lol rofl that's awesome!!! but i'm curious.... HOW???  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:12 am
No s**t, there I was, in the midst of court this weekend, and, after a stirring speech by the king of Caid, the herald referred to our good monarch as "Deitrich Regina"

eek

It took several minutes to get "queen" Deitrich--and the rest of court--under control.  

Courtesan Brigitte

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:37 am
Brigit the slave child
No s**t, there I was, in the midst of court this weekend, and, after a stirring speech by the king of Caid, the herald referred to our good monarch as "Deitrich Regina"

eek

It took several minutes to get "queen" Deitrich--and the rest of court--under control.

Twas a good day for us all. Except perhaps Queen D.

~beltless warrior  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:54 am
littlegreengirl
Shnelt

lol rofl that's awesome!!! but i'm curious.... HOW???
I know the guy.
He's pretty skinny and has long hair.
His tunic is pretty long.
And from behind, in the dark ,as was the case, It's an easy mistake.  

Red Zomby

Red Zomby

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:57 am
Brigit the slave child
No s**t, there I was, in the midst of fiercest battle...

(Okay, I wasn't actually there, but I'm told it was a fierce battle from people who know a fierce battle when they see one.) The levy of Starkhafn was rushing its enemies, fearless as heroes, and my dear friend, the Lord Wolf of Wexford, was tripped by an illegal blow to the ankle. (Or so he says. Others have it different.) ]

The brave Wolf flew forward, falling onto his huge shield and sledding across the battlefield, leaving behind him a furrow to make any farmer proud.

The Wolf he is no longer--now he's called the Plow!
I am saddened only that I have not the ability to convey my amusement at such an extremely hilarious tale.
(no sarcasm, that really is one of the funniest things I could imagine.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:30 am
There was once a man who juggled. he juggled many a thing and with masterful grace. On this particular day he chose swords. 3 hand and a half swords to be precise. he juggled them the same as everything esle, but this acts danger made it even more interesting. Around this time a fighter whose helmet SEVERELY restricted his line of sight turned a corner and bumped into the juggler. this ended...unpleasently. One of the swords came down to slice the hand of entertainer. the second of the swords hit the helmet of the fighter and slid down it's round top to spear his foot all the way through. the third blade flew long and people scattered to safety, one of these bystanders tripped and landed so his kidney hit a tent stake.
Thus, the moral of the story is:

A histoically accurate sallet is not always better than a Klappface bascinet.
Line-of-Sight  

Red Zomby

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 pm
Red Zomby
There was once a man who juggled. he juggled many a thing and with masterful grace. On this particular day he chose swords. 3 hand and a half swords to be precise. he juggled them the same as everything esle, but this acts danger made it even more interesting. Around this time a fighter whose helmet SEVERELY restricted his line of sight turned a corner and bumped into the juggler. this ended...unpleasently. One of the swords came down to slice the hand of entertainer. the second of the swords hit the helmet of the fighter and slid down it's round top to spear his foot all the way through. the third blade flew long and people scattered to safety, one of these bystanders tripped and landed so his kidney hit a tent stake.

Line-of-Sight

Oh my gosh. Both my lord and I had our jaws just drop at that. I don't even know what to say. Oy.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:28 am
Arithrel
Red Zomby

Line-of-Sight

Oh my gosh. Both my lord and I had our jaws just drop at that. I don't even know what to say. Oy.
Imagine my reaction  

Red Zomby

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:56 pm
Red Zomby
Arithrel
Red Zomby

Line-of-Sight

Imagine my reaction

No kidding. Yikes.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas