Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Marriage/ Weddings. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr. Arcane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:32 am

Never stop trying to learn more, I always say.

I mentioned that one story as a caution, only. Mixed religion relationships, regardless of the religions involved, are difficult; but obviosly not impossible. Just be aware of the potential problems, and really deal with them. Know that some have made it work, and ask yourself if you are willing or able to do what they did? The closer a relationship, the more work it can be to maintain; but do not exhaust yourself. A marriage has to be MORE than 50% good to be healthy. If a wedding is the right thing for you, take the time to do it right. And have fun, too. biggrin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:24 am

Dr. Arcane
Never stop trying to learn more, I always say.

I mentioned that one story as a caution, only. Mixed religion relationships, regardless of the religions involved, are difficult; but obviosly not impossible. Just be aware of the potential problems, and really deal with them. Know that some have made it work, and ask yourself if you are willing or able to do what they did? The closer a relationship, the more work it can be to maintain; but do not exhaust yourself. A marriage has to be MORE than 50% good to be healthy. If a wedding is the right thing for you, take the time to do it right. And have fun, too. biggrin
Thanks, and, thanks to everyone who replied ^^

QueenCrystal

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:26 am

I dont' know if this was already mentioned, but sometimes when their are two faiths, some families decide to have two ceremonies. This is common when a Christian and Hindu decide to wed (at least, with the Christian and Hindu couples I've seen).

I would like a ceremony with mixed elements, being of a mixed faith. I would care for one of the Catholic priests, who re-married my parents, to be there, as well as a Pagan minister. If I am blessed and do marry LD, then the ceremony would have deep meaning to us and our families.

The only detail that I can really picture, though, is having a white, Renaissance-style gown with corset crossing in front... preferably with sleeves. I can't stand wearing a strapless. gonk
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:48 pm

I'm personally not too fond of weddings. Of any organization really.

Also because I don't really find the thought of getting married to thrilling. Maybe it's my trilogy of horrible relationships, but it's inexplicably difficult for me to trust men presently.

Though, if by some odd chance I really do decide to get married, I want to make it interesting by having a traditional shinto wedding, unless I find a truly nice wiccan boy.

If only life were truly as simple as people want it to be.

Kabuki Doll

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:51 pm

Kabuki Doll

Also because I don't really find the thought of getting married to thrilling. Maybe it's my trilogy of horrible relationships, but it's inexplicably difficult for me to trust men presently.

Though, if by some odd chance I really do decide to get married, I want to make it interesting by having a traditional shinto wedding, unless I find a truly nice wiccan boy.

Heh, a fellow curmudgeon.^_~ I sympathize, though I can also add that my relationships with women haven't fared much better.>_< I'm an equal opportunity dater, but now I'm just equally opposed to the idea altogether.

Shinto's a really interesting religion, though- very similar to Kemeticism from what I've seen. I'd love to see a Shinto wedding, or pretty much any Shinto ceremony for that matter. I'd just like to learn more about it, period.^_^
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:38 pm

WebenBanu
Kabuki Doll

Heh, a fellow curmudgeon.^_~ I sympathize, though I can also add that my relationships with women haven't fared much better.>_< I'm an equal opportunity dater, but now I'm just equally opposed to the idea altogether.

Shinto's a really interesting religion, though- very similar to Kemeticism from what I've seen. I'd love to see a Shinto wedding, or pretty much any Shinto ceremony for that matter. I'd just like to learn more about it, period.^_^

Shinto's a hard religion to learn about because there's no written scriptures or, for the matter, anything historical written down at all, as ancient of a religion as it is stressed From what I've come to understand though is that Shinto is based on the respect for one's self and the respect for nature. So it's almost a Japanese Pagan religion. According to a karate teacher I had, it is their belief that everything possesses a spirit. And then it just got confusing sweatdrop It's not a very strict religion, from what Sensei implied, but all the while, hard to follow because of it's lack in writing.

Kabuki Doll

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:16 pm

Kabuki Doll
It's not a very strict religion, from what Sensei implied, but all the while, hard to follow because of it's lack in writing.

Sounds like a religion of being, rather than just reading. A certain amount of that is a really good thing to have. As much as I love a solid academic background and value good research skills, it also seems that lots of folks tend to get swept away by the sources from time to time, and start to ignore the Source... myself included.^_^'

Arcane's reading a booklet on Shinto at the moment, which I may have to snag when he's done. For now, though, I've found this site to be pretty informative. Their essay on the nature of kami, at any rate, is largely what I base my statement on about it being similar to Kemeticism. The really funny thing was that a while back I went on a tour of a local Egyptian museum with the curator, and she was talking about the nature of Egyptian religion in different periods, and even she mentioned that it was quite similar to Shinto, throughout most of the ancient Egyptian timeline. That was really neat.^_^
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:09 am

When I am married, I am gonig to have a full-on handfasting. No subtlety here. I am proud of my religion, and I don't care what anyone else thinks. I am even going to have my Christian best friend be part of the ceremony.

There are several sites out there with good information on handfasting. This one has everything from scripts that you can modify to fit your tastes, to flowers for the time of the year, and ribbons that would best fit the occasion. They have all kinds of scripts, from subtle to same sex. Even a Christin handfasting ritual.

To find a priest or priestess, I recommend The Witchs' Voice. Here you can search for other Wiccans and Pagans. You can search around 100 countries. You can also search by your state. They give information on how to find local covens, Wiccan/ Pagan shops, and clergy members. Many people offer up free servies, from handfastings to spells. There are thousands of people and groups listed here. You just have to look for one in your area.

Many people will list thier prices, what services they offer, and where they are located. You can send them a message if you want their services. All the people are listed in aplhabetical order by where they live. Just pick someone close to you.

I hope this has helped you guys.

Siofra Da`Halbria

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:04 pm

*Poke of Relavent Currency*
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:56 am

For anyone interested in more Middle-Age/Renaissance weddings, I've found two magazines that can be ordered online at The Official Site of the Renaissance Magazine. They are the Special Medieval Wedding Issue and A Celtic Wedding Issue. They have multiple other issues of interest, as well, including Yule and Sword issues.

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:58 am

I think I'd like to have a mariage outside during winter. When it's ont to cold, maybe between -5 and -15, with a light snow falling. It looks so beautiful like that
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:55 am

Nihilistic Seraph
I think I'd like to have a mariage outside during winter. When it's ont to cold, maybe between -5 and -15, with a light snow falling. It looks so beautiful like that
We're going to Vagas! blaugh

Akasha_wp

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:21 pm

Akasha_wp
Nihilistic Seraph
I think I''d like to have a mariage outside during winter. When it''s ont to cold, maybe between -5 and -15, with a light snow falling. It looks so beautiful like that
We''re going to Vagas! blaugh
lol That was awesome! rofl

Snow might seem nice to get wedded in, but it gets wet. And wet in fancy is clothes is very icky.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:56 am

Jameta
Akasha_wp
Nihilistic Seraph
I think I''d like to have a mariage outside during winter. When it''s ont to cold, maybe between -5 and -15, with a light snow falling. It looks so beautiful like that
We''re going to Vagas! blaugh
lol That was awesome! rofl

Snow might seem nice to get wedded in, but it gets wet. And wet in fancy is clothes is very icky.
Not if you wear a long, dignified and utterly sexy trenchcoat. Gloves to. And keep the trenchcoat buttoned and have a ncie scarf around your neck and going down into the coat.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas