Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:00 pm
Faeyas
magicheide
Well, my daughter kinda introduced me. I am Astrid Thorkildsdottir now of Caid formerly of the Principality of the Mists, and formerly called Arrianrhod Holly of the Mists. My daughter has a registered name of Ariel of the Mists, but I think she will find her way to a persona soon enough. She is off to Flagstaff in Arizona--are there any others here from that part of the Outlands?

Acctually mom, Arizona is no longer part of the outlands (if It ever was, which I'm not sure on...go figure) its its own region now. (spaces name...)

Ooh oooh! I know this one! It's Atenveldt! =)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:10 pm
Hail.

Call me Tea.

I am not "new" to the SCA, been going since I was 15 or so, but all I did was camp and cook and have a good time. I met up with some Asatru friends who make up most of the Hross Vikings in An Tir, and now that I am married, I want to take it a little more seriously.

One problem- I'm so in over my head. I can sew a straight hem, and I make a great storyteller, but I have no clue what I am doing really. I want to build an early period Slavic/Norse persona. My husband has been declaired Viking Booty.

Other than that, meep!

I am grateful for all the wisdom I am sure I will find within these pages.

~Tea  

TeaDidikai

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Hail.

Call me Tea.

I am not "new" to the SCA, been going since I was 15 or so, but all I did was camp and cook and have a good time. I met up with some Asatru friends who make up most of the Hross Vikings in An Tir, and now that I am married, I want to take it a little more seriously.

One problem- I'm so in over my head. I can sew a straight hem, and I make a great storyteller, but I have no clue what I am doing really. I want to build an early period Slavic/Norse persona. My husband has been declaired Viking Booty.

Other than that, meep!

I am grateful for all the wisdom I am sure I will find within these pages.

~Tea

If you can sew a straight seam, you can make t-tunics. If you can make t-tunics, you can make Norse garb. Noooooo problem. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:18 pm
Imzy

If you can sew a straight seam, you can make t-tunics. If you can make t-tunics, you can make Norse garb. Noooooo problem. smile

That's what I am told. But I'm not sure I want to do the 100% Norse thing.

As a trader, I am thinking of a Slavic-Norse fusion- but I can't find anything on 6th Century Slavic Women's roles and their view on cross dressing. I know if I wanted a Norse only persona I could get away with it. Not sure about a Slavic-Norse blend though.  

TeaDidikai

Erogenous Zone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:53 pm
I'm know by the name Aelfric the Lost (even though it doesn't pass the heralds). I reside in the Shire of False Isle, Principality of Tir Righ, Kingdom of An Tir, though I also play in the Baronies of Lions Gate and Seagirt. I've had my AoA for something like a year now.

*Waves in the general direction of Arithrel, who he's actually met occationally*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:05 pm
Master_Muse
I'm know by the name Aelfric the Lost (even though it doesn't pass the heralds). I reside in the Shire of False Isle, Principality of Tir Righ, Kingdom of An Tir, though I also play in the Baronies of Lions Gate and Seagirt. I've had my AoA for something like a year now.

*Waves in the general direction of Arithrel, who he's actually met occationally*

What does it take to get a name past the heralds?  

TeaDidikai

Myythren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:42 pm
I'm Sara, of the Barony of Lions Gate, Kingdom of An Tir. No SCA name as of yet. I'm really new to the whole thing.

Stumbled accross it on the net a few weeks ago new. xp

In any case I'm here to learn, and hopfully to find people in my area. I'd love to learn how to make grab, and I have had sewing lessons, so provied I can remember them I should be ok.

xd That about covers me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:03 pm
Imzy
Faeyas
magicheide
Well, my daughter kinda introduced me. I am Astrid Thorkildsdottir now of Caid formerly of the Principality of the Mists, and formerly called Arrianrhod Holly of the Mists. My daughter has a registered name of Ariel of the Mists, but I think she will find her way to a persona soon enough. She is off to Flagstaff in Arizona--are there any others here from that part of the Outlands?

Acctually mom, Arizona is no longer part of the outlands (if It ever was, which I'm not sure on...go figure) its its own region now. (spaces name...)

Ooh oooh! I know this one! It's Atenveldt! =)

Yeah--must have Altzheimers. I was thinking Albuquerque (al Baran) not AZ which was always Atenveldt--once so was Outland and Artimesia!  

magicheide

musicman3672

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:42 pm
Hello all! I'm currently residing in Lion's Gate, Tir Righ, An Tir, but I have attended most of my events in Flase Isle (same principalty/kingdom) and that is where I was introduced to the SCA My SCA name is Owain Godwinson, i've been playing for 3 or 4 years (I honeslty can't remember) and I was in to rapier for a while, but ever since I moved to Lon's Gate, I haven't been able to make practices (between school, and the fact the practices took place across the city, and I didn't own a vehicle) but I hope to start again this fall as I have moved closer to the practice location, but I'm not holding my breath, as I will have to balance school and possibly a part time job.

*waves to master muse, and points finger accusingly at arithrel for getting me hooked on gaia*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:46 pm
musicman3672
Hello all! I'm currently residing in Lion's Gate, Tir Righ, An Tir, but I have attended most of my events in Flase Isle (same principalty/kingdom) and that is where I was introduced to the SCA My SCA name is Owain Godwinson, i've been playing for 3 or 4 years (I honeslty can't remember) and I was in to rapier for a while, but ever since I moved to Lon's Gate, I haven't been able to make practices (between school, and the fact the practices took place across the city, and I didn't own a vehicle) but I hope to start again this fall as I have moved closer to the practice location, but I'm not holding my breath, as I will have to balance school and possibly a part time job.

*waves to master muse, and points finger accusingly at arithrel for getting me hooked on gaia*

*waves cheerfully* Hiya. Hey, now I know your SCA name. I just realized I didn't know it before. biggrin Glad you found the guild on your own, I haven't been able to send you an invitation for some reason.  

Arithrel
Crew

musicman3672

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:30 pm
Arithrel
musicman3672

*waves cheerfully* Hiya. Hey, now I know your SCA name. I just realized I didn't know it before. biggrin Glad you found the guild on your own, I haven't been able to send you an invitation for some reason.

Actually, i got a PM telling me that you invited me into the guild...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:44 pm
musicman3672
Arithrel
musicman3672

Actually, i got a PM telling me that you invited me into the guild...

That's.So.Weird. It kept telling me it couldn't find you, or something. Oh well. lol.  

Arithrel
Crew

Aeryian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:56 pm
*waves* Hi. I am Nicolas Lucas de Nevarre. I also live in An Tir and I am Arithrel's lord. In fact, Arithrel is typing this for me. She's sitting on my lap. Yippee. I also reside in LIons Gate and am mundanely roommates with Owain, who posted a few posts ago. Darn Arithrel. Got us both on gaia.

Yeah...that's right everyone. It's really me typing this for him, but wellllllll I'm sitting on him so I get to do that. biggrin Hijacked!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:48 pm
musicman3672

*Waves back* I think we've met...I recognize the name anyways. You've probably fought my mother a few times (Alycia le Wilfulle).  

Erogenous Zone

Erogenous Zone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:52 pm
Aeryian
*waves* Hi. I am Nicolas Lucas de Nevarre. I also live in An Tir and I am Arithrel's lord. In fact, Arithrel is typing this for me. She's sitting on my lap. Yippee. I also reside in LIons Gate and am mundanely roommates with Owain, who posted a few posts ago. Darn Arithrel. Got us both on gaia.

Yeah...that's right everyone. It's really me typing this for him, but wellllllll I'm sitting on him so I get to do that. biggrin Hijacked!!!!!

*waves* I don't know if I know you or not, but hello anyways.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff