Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowDruid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:44 pm
If you walk into a fabric store and wonder out loud is this period or not? Or,
discuss how to make a circle cloak at a restaurant (which people like around
wondering was fun). I agree freaking mundanes is fun! OR, when a mundane
goes "Are you in a play?" You go "No, this is normal clothing!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:43 pm
You know your in SCA when....

-in full bellydancer garb, you will publicly dance for your dinner
-your steak knife sucks so you pull out a belt dagger at Applebees
-you're proud to be a wench  

Nearis

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:51 pm
ShadowDruid
If you walk into a fabric store and wonder out loud is this period or not? Or,
discuss how to make a circle cloak at a restaurant (which people like around
wondering was fun). I agree freaking mundanes is fun! OR, when a mundane
goes "Are you in a play?" You go "No, this is normal clothing!"

Alternate response: "I was going to ask you the same thing!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:30 am
You know you're in the SCA when:

...you feel strange wearing pants for a few days after an event. (That one is mostly for the ladies).
...you get freaked out when people call you by your mundane name when you're with your friends.
...you have been heard to squeal "Oooo! Sharp and pointies!"
...you weren't that worried about Y2k because you knew you'd be able to take care of yourself with what "primative" materials you could scrounge up if the world did end.  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

WitchyChick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:22 pm
+ Your eyes are messed up from trying to read by candlelight all the time.

+ You can't watch modern movies about medieval times with mundanes because you spend the entire time shouting about the imperfections in swordfighting, garb, speaking, etc.

+ You carry a children's toy sword around with you when in mundane life because you feel strangely light without a sword attached to your belt.

+ You've had more weapons confiscated during school then all the "gangster" kids put together.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:42 pm
You might be in the SCA if:

... you can't go to Burger King because he's wearing a ******** ducal coronet.
... if you have been caught screaming "DUCAL CORONET, DAMNIT!" at the TV/billboards.  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Faeyas

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:43 pm
WitchyChick

+ You can't watch modern movies about medieval times with mundanes because you spend the entire time shouting about the imperfections in swordfighting, garb, speaking, etc.

I made the mistake of watching "Shakepere in love" with my friends... (goes to make a NSTIW entry)

WitchyChick

+ You've had more weapons confiscated during school then all the "gangster" kids put together.

But but... they are mine crying and and I acctually know how to use them!! and YES thats a Long bow scream

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:51 pm
Faeyas
WitchyChick

I made the mistake of watching "Shakepere in love" with my friends... (goes to make a NSTIW entry)

WitchyChick

But but... they are mine crying and and I acctually know how to use them!! and YES thats a Long bow scream

Lol! Every Halloween I give out candy to little kids (I don't eat candy so I don't trick-or-treat), and if they have a medieval costume on, I start telling them how they could improve it, and the parents just sort of stare at me and drag their kids away...

As for the weapon thing, I had a plastic saber confiscated once, so I don't bring handmade weapons to school anymore.  

WitchyChick

Shadows Kitten Lauryn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:04 pm
---you can choose a project from a list for school and you glare at the paper until you find one dealing with the medieval ages and wind up squealling with glee when you find it, much to the annoyance to the teacher and the rest of the class who is now staring at you like you've grown several extra heads.

---you far outdo anyone else doing afore mentioned project by changing into your garb at the beginning of class and having to sit there and criticize everyone elses in your head because you can find so much wrong it makes your eye start twitching.

---you walk to the next class in the garb you changed into during the class you just left and everyone is giving you funny looks, but you can't seem to figure out why.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:05 pm
Elanor Satsujin
---you can choose a project from a list for school and you glare at the paper until you find one dealing with the medieval ages and wind up squealling with glee when you find it, much to the annoyance to the teacher and the rest of the class who is now staring at you like you've grown several extra heads.

---you far outdo anyone else doing afore mentioned project by changing into your garb at the beginning of class and having to sit there and criticize everyone elses in your head because you can find so much wrong it makes your eye start twitching.

---you walk to the next class in the garb you changed into during the class you just left and everyone is giving you funny looks, but you can't seem to figure out why.

I've done all of those. lol.  

Arithrel
Crew

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:06 pm
You won't wear your garb on Halloween anymore because it just doesn't feel like a costume, no matter what anyone else says.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:08 pm
Arithrel
Elanor Satsujin

I've done all of those. lol.

So have I, that's the only reason I could think of it... ^_^;;; Everyone just thought I was nuts.... I don't see why.... My dress is so much better than this mundane stuff I hafta wear...  

Shadows Kitten Lauryn

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:21 pm
Llelwyn
You know you're in the SCA when:

...you feel strange wearing pants for a few days after an event. (That one is mostly for the ladies).
...you get freaked out when people call you by your mundane name when you're with your friends.
...you have been heard to squeal "Oooo! Sharp and pointies!"
...you weren't that worried about Y2k because you knew you'd be able to take care of yourself with what "primative" materials you could scrounge up if the world did end.

*lol* Not just for the ladies... I bet it works for the guys in kilts, too. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:36 pm
Actually, it doesn't take very long to readjust to pants after going kilted, if you're not used to wearing a kilt all the time. It just takes a little bit to get used to a kilt. Once you do, though, they are comfy. mrgreen  

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:42 pm
You might be in the SCA if....

....you clean out your trunk and find rolls of brightly colored duct tape.

.oO(...why do I have red duct tape in my car? OMG, that's probably been there since that event....!)  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff