Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Ouch. That realy hurt! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 am
In the end, it doesn't matter what people say, because you and everyone else knows it's good. If I got upset by people who vote 1 on my art and animations for no reason, I would have given up as an artist. But I haven't.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:49 am
Beh, don't expect anything along the lines of comprehensibility or reason once you enter the black domain of the GeeDee. That place is where common sense, brain cells, and proper English go to die.

But it can be funny to post in a place where no one takes anything seriously. I mean, you could ask the most gripping philosophical question of all time, and they will 'lol' at it. If 'lol' is indeed a verb, anyway. Loler... loled...loling... am going to lol...

Never mind. I'm overanalyzing. Just get a spellcheck (firefox has one built in!) to keep those nasty typo goblins in check.

And to all those who bash good grammar, I tell them to eat their own dialect: STFU.

Oh, and to whoever was jerk enough to bust you for 'using bad grammar' when you were doing fine, I have only one thing to say to him... GTFO N00B. pirate  

SilverBellsAbove

The_0ther_Account

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:30 pm
burning_light
Don't feel so bad. Everyone has a few grammar problems here and there. I know my grammar isn't perfect but at least it's decent- I hope.
Your grammer is indeed decent.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:06 am
supa sta8940
burning_light
Don't feel so bad. Everyone has a few grammar problems here and there. I know my grammar isn't perfect but at least it's decent- I hope.

I though I went over this multiple times.

GRAMMAR

IF YOU CAN'T ******** SPELL WHAT YOU CLAIM TO LOVE AND ABIDE TO THE LAWS OF, YOU CAN ******** QUIT THE GUILD. I'M TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE MISPELL THE ONE WORD THAT APPEARS ROUGHLY 5 TIMES EVERY TIME YOU GO TO THE TOPIC LIST. MY SPELLING'S BAD BUT I CAN USE MY ******** SURROUNDINGS TO SPELL THINGS OUT.
(Plus your writing is almost impossible to read.)  

MadnessFreak

SilverBellsAbove

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:35 pm
MadnessFreak
supa sta8940
burning_light

GRAMMAR

IF YOU CAN'T ******** SPELL WHAT YOU CLAIM TO LOVE AND ABIDE TO THE LAWS OF, YOU CAN ******** QUIT THE GUILD. I'M TIRED OF SEEING PEOPLE MISPELL THE ONE WORD THAT APPEARS ROUGHLY 5 TIMES EVERY TIME YOU GO TO THE TOPIC LIST. MY SPELLING'S BAD BUT I CAN USE MY ******** SURROUNDINGS TO SPELL THINGS OUT.

Whoah there horsie. I can tell you're annoyed... but... relax and drink a nice cup of tea! O_o;;

*Hands out fuzzy slippers and a snuggly blanket* 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:29 am
SilverBellsAbove
MadnessFreak
supa sta8940
burning_light

GRAMMAR

Whoah there horsie. I can tell you're annoyed... but... relax and drink a nice cup of tea! O_o;;

*Hands out fuzzy slippers and a snuggly blanket* 4laugh

Okay, I flipped out there. But you should be able to spell what you see everywhere.  

MadnessFreak

Starry Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:21 pm
I mean grammar is a huge thing for me. I used to not be able to understand it at all. So for someone to insult me like that just realy cut deep.

I know I still have a long way to go.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:16 pm
>>;
*Is a GD reg*

Nobody's grammar is perfect, keep that in mind.
Plus, plenty of people in the GD aren't well when it comes to grammar.
Just read over everything as you type it to make sure there aren't any typos and it makes sense. 3nodding

Rohno

Natsuri

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 8:47 am
Starlight_Angel_18
Yeah, well actually my hero is Stephanie Meyer. I want to be able to write like her.

One word misspelled, but I corrected it. It was "actually."

You have such a great ambition and potential to be a writer! biggrin I wanted to be known in the science fiction realm just like my favorite authors, Ray Bradbury, Lois Lowry, and George Orwell.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:16 am
Eh, just ignore the people in the GD. Everyone insults each other in there.  

l3viathan

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces