Submit

Love, is it worth it
  yes
  no
  OMGIMAPOLLWHORESHOOTMENOW
View Results

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:14 am
....love.....what is it?....is it affection?....or the desire to be with some one?.....or something else?.....

....in my view love, being in love, and doing something for the sake of love are very different things......most of you speak of everything other than love.....you speak of the process, the hardships, the gentleness..........everything else.....

what would you give up for the balance of yourself?....that is the sake of love....

what would you do to try and be with some one?.....thats being in love....

.....but what about love in which everything is mutual....not to give up yourself....but rather to join together because you both wish for the same genuine feelings........maybe happiness.....maybe not......

......is it not possible to join with another just to be with them?....I think not....  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:50 am
deadlykill7
Love is just a chemical in you. When you "love someone" it's just the chemical acting up. it's basically, your happy with that someone.

Yes, that is probably so. But why does it make you happy with that person at that time? (You can always fall in love more then once. That is the reason for the wording in the sentance). It's that feeling and that uncertainity that makes people wonder about, question it, and so on. But it is also a feeling in a certain sense, though I'm not sure how to explain that. As to the different types of love, that's another subject.

Maybe I'm just babbling because I'm a dreamer and love is important to me.  

Angel Bruja

Matsumoto_Eureka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:31 pm
I don't think love is worth it cause whenever I try I ALWAYS get hurt...I think it's the reason why I am who I am...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:07 pm
Love is something that we can only believe in. If you truely believe you love something, then you do...but the chances of getting loved in return is a million to one. In the end, is it really worth it??  

rikku_natsumi

dante_reincarnation15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:14 pm
if u find ur true love then how can u resist but to be with them man its the circle of life
heart
heart heart
heart
man i suck at making circles lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:40 pm
I do not understand love honestly,I have never experanced love nor am I currently looking for it...So I know nothing beyond love for friends or a family member,not love you would have for a partner or anything like that...So I guess I have no buisness posting here sweatdrop  

Awesome Akwardness

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:14 pm
Idk, once you find the one you're gonna spend the rest of your life with it's worth it.

I mean love is fun but it's also over-used and when your heart gets broken and/or they turn out to be a jerk (they = bf/gf), then you feel stupid for wasting all that emotion.

Idk I suppose it's truly a toss-up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:52 pm
Love is...

Love is Patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is no proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easiy angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always hopes, always perseveres.

LOVE never fails...1 Corinthians 13: 4-7  

batgirlforever

Divinity Rage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:33 am
Scott Ritter
Is it real?
is it really desirable?
After all happiness is the precursor to sorrow without them we can have
peace. I want your opinion on the subject, I personally don't think it truly exists outside of stories

Some people are capable of love and for them, it's real and wonderful and terrible. Others cannot let a person get that close, or have gotten so used to betrayal and letdowns that they shut it off. I envy those who can love.

I believe that love, also, is different for different people. Some people can't live without the other. Others carry on, holding a torch for that person their entire lives.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:04 pm
love varies upon the person. if your like me, you hate it, but long to have the real love everyone proclaims to have. or, you could be like how you are now, to whoever reads this. the starter of this thread does not think love is worth it. fine. live a dull, lonely life that will likely end in suicide( its true, unmarried, or lonely people either live much shorter lives, or kill themselves) when yo look at it that way, it really sounds worthit if you like life!  

Toasterladd

D_D Laris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:46 pm
Love hasn't happened to me yet.
Still waiting for it though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 am
i believe that love is real, and even though it is a precursor to pain and sadness, its worth it. If you have ever heard the saying "it's better to have loved and lost thatn never loved at all", well its true.  

rosalind_spencer

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:07 am
Scott Ritter
Is it real?
is it really desirable?
After all happiness is the precursor to sorrow without them we can have
peace. I want your opinion on the subject, I personally don't think it truly exists outside of stories

LOve is real, and it is desirable.., but only true love exclaim  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:43 am
God that's just TRYING TOO HARD TO BE EMO

You could also say that if there's no sorrow , nobody would be unhappy.

That sentence of yours was pathetic

i-- M a r i e --i

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:24 pm
what i think is, people need love to live, but not this "perfect romance and true love" that everyone dreams of. to have someone who cares about you and wishes only the best for you will encorage you to try harder, and loving someone in the same way will give you a reason to be.
i think.

some people (well, me, specifically) need it. i would most surely be dead without the love that my friends have given me. i live to be there for them in return, i wish only the best for them and as selfish of an a** i usually tend to be, i would go out of my way to help and comfort them. i feed off of their love for me and it gives me strength through my darkest times. basically, without their love, and without someone for me to love, there would be no meaning to my life. and i might as well be dead.

as for the whole "true love" thing, some people make it their quest in life to find their soul mate, and i'm not bashing anyone here, but to me, it seems pointless. yes, i have fell in love, i have dated people before, and i have been a victim of heartache. this is a different kind of love, the love for a life partner. this kind of love will eat away at you if you let it, this love will bring you more pain than any hate in the world. to me, searching for true love is just a way of asking to be hurt. yes, i do want to find true love, but i am not gonna go out of my way when i have the love of my friends right in front of me. and that's all i need.

...if anyone just got what i said.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces