Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
LIVE ACTION SAILOR MOON WHAT DO YOU THINK? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hacker01jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:04 am
i didnt like the pgsm live action. well im a super moonie so ya it made me mad that usagi had the moon wand in the beginining of the live action, also when the people made her black haired then when she transformed he was blonde. dude she is supposed to be blonde 24/4. ya plus luna and artemis were talking plushies >.> oi so over all i really liked the anime better and the manga better than the live action. And some of scouts on that were wearing wigs. then again all im trying to say is live action yuck and anime and manga yay.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:15 pm
In the show creator's defense regarding the hair colors and the plush cats:

Cats are a PAIN in the a** to train and even when they're trained, they don't always do exactly what they're supposed to ever ytime. It can really eat up camera hours getting a little black cat to go to this plae and sit there for five minutes while looking directly at a girl. Plushes make it easier to deal with.

The hair color changing thing was a stronger part of their secret identity. It's harder to find Sailor Moon if she DOESN'T have gold hair constantly and it also makes them look more realistic since Ami doesn't have electric blue hair, but Mercury does, since Mercury is magical and Mizuno Ami is just a school girl. 3nodding The show was meant to be a live action drama/tokusatsu (Scifi) show, and in those, people all look totally normal until they show their secret identities.  

Syndrama

setsuna-chan22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:48 pm
PGSM is awsome I am on act 43 now I don't know wheather or not I like it better then the anime/manga. I really like the way the storyline goes it's more along the lines of the manga which I really like.
heart heart heart heart Sailor Moon heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 pm
I liked the LA. It as a bit too much power rangers but it took the story lines of both the anime and manga which made it MUCH closer to the original storyline that the dubbed and even japanese anime..  

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo

Randomchic699

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:21 pm
the live action seiries was cool but not as cool as the cartoon version  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:14 pm
i dont like it, they totally over do the transformations  

ahrey666

Henshin green

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:51 am
I loved it....allthough I'm not a fan of the battle tambourines  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 am
My thing with the live action is that it was all over the place. It's like there was no continuity staff. The way they make it seem is that Princess Serenity threw a tantrum because she couldn't be with Endymion and therein destroyed everything. They don't even really talk about Queen Serenity until the Special Act wherein she grants them their powers again. That didn't even make since to me, since in the live action, Princess Serenity was the one with the Silver Crystal. Also, if Princess Serenity destroyed everything, why was everyone reincarnated? True, the Stars manga talked about how as long as a Soldier had her Sailor Crystal, her spirit wouldn't die, but that doesn't play into the live action story. Too, I thought they were going to fully follow the manga, but then it seemed like they didn't know where they wanted to go with the story. Kuroki Mio...why? Beryl dies in a cave-in? Can't she teleport? And Jadeite (he was cute, but that's beside the point), swears loyalty to her, and then sides with Mamoru in the Special Act. Metallia just holes up in Endymion? Wasn't she supposed to be going after the Silver Crystal? And what's with this Princess Sailor Moon and her Sailor Ninja stuff? Act.0 really took the cake, though. Minako doesn't go to Europe? Jadeite is a woman and the Four Emperors are police officers? Usagi and friends are fake soldiers? And wait, I thought Naru's mom was a fashion designer in the live action, yet in Act.0 she has a jewelry store like in the comic, though with a different name. There are just too many cases where the story flip-flopped on a point.

All that said, I still enjoy the series. sweatdrop  

silversonic

tigrisqueen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:08 pm
The Live Action series made me laugh. Don't get me wrong it was good, just that it wasn't what I call great. I still think the Anime and Manga are a lot better.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:51 am
I don't know, I've started watching the Live action version. And I'm being left regretting that I watched it. In a way I think that the story line...it's not as good as the anime. I thought of it more of a joke. C'mon, Usagi playing basketball? She was supposed be rather clumsy and like eating, right? In the live action, so far I haven't seen her have one moment where she she seemed like she liked food except for the one split second where she stole one of her friend's food, but that seemed more like playing around.

So I guess I think the series is okay. Sure they made Motoki completely weird...but yeah, it's okay in my opinion. I was just left disappointed on how confused I was made from some things, how it seemed like power rangers and how Sailor Moon was changed in general.

mokiepuppymaster

Beloved Genius

9,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

_Yokoshima Etowaaru_

Friendly Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:25 pm
i thought it was pretty cool. though i did get freaked out when luna was a moving stuffed animal.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:20 am
ack its .... to much like a day time soap opra.. like oh god.. ::schock:: your dieing... AMI your evil mamoru love me : cry :

i like how see really just focused on the scouts relationships and friendships... but ami evil no i cant ever see that the total transformations (black hair to blond) and serenity SERENITY EVIL!

no no NO!

i know that with the crystal she can be swaed either way good or evil but serenity has such a good heart and since nako-sama wrote her more as a savor of humanity (jesus) that she cant be like I WILL DISTORY THE EARTH CUS IM DEPRESED.. no no no...

i happy to have seen the live action... but its not the best repesnentation of the scouts in a whole...

oh... and plushy luna... -.-  

Ladyayami

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:33 pm
I Like it a lot actually.  
Home