Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
SHOULD THEY bring back Sailor Moon in US Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should they bring back Sailor Moon?
  yes
  no
View Results

[-Soubi-]

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:43 am
They should, but they shouldn't do a complete dub over it, as in they shouldn't edit out EVERYTHING, and they should play it during adult swim or some channel that has a late-night series of shows playing so that they can run the whole series and keep things like the original japanese version had it, you know, like keeping the lesbian relationships and all that jazz.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:31 pm
MaddLlama
No. And, for a very simple and I suppose selfish reason - if the license expires, and they no longer air or sell the show in the US, it becomes 100% legal to download it from torrent sites, and it will become more widely available. So, fans will still be able to watch it, but won't be forced to pay astronomical prices for it.

And, I think the days of Sailor Moon attracting kids to anime are over anyway. How many other anime shows, and animated shows that mimic anime style are on now? Kids are being introduced to anime through english cartoons anyway.

I would much rather watch a subtitled, good quality, free rip of an anime than the american version on some saturday morning cartoon block.

Ha ha ha ha ha: "it becomes 100% legal"? NO DOWNLOADS of anime are legal, unless they've been authorized by the Japanese company that owns them.

True fan = supporting the legal version that gives royalites ($) to the creator.

Don't kid yourself.  

hana2111

Demonstryke

Gracious Lover

4,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:59 am
I'd love to see it on tv again, I never got the chance to buy the uncut DVDs, and I know the english dub is horrible, but I just want to see the series again. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:24 am
lettuce14
sailor moon got me into the whole anime genre, and without it, i don't know where i'd be (anime wise) today. i'd love if they'd bring it back, because once i really got into it, and set a time aside every day to watch it-it disappeared! which makes this fan very very sad crying

Those are my sentiments exactly! I used to and still love Sailor Moon but my old VHS tapes are getting worn out. crying  

Kiayra Ziveri

tmchiba

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:39 pm
It's really a two part question. 1.) Should the japanese version be available and 2.) Should a dub be available. The answer to question 1 is of course. ^_^ because it used to be and it was the original Japanese version. The way DVDs are sold now there should be a way to make it affordable. There are a lot of fans out there who would love to buy and see the shows.

The answer to question 2 is much tougher. I say yes, because dubs do attract attention to the anime and the dubbed Sailor Moon drew me into the series and to anime overall. But editing is an issue. Still I'd prefer the DUB to no dub at all, because unlike the AWFUL One Piece dub it wasn't terrible, but I do not approve of the censorship either. They're not cousins. Period.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:27 pm
Absolutely.  

thecentaurspromise

choirperson

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:44 pm
I'd like that. Especially if they dubbed the rest of the episodes. I never actually completely finished the series. crying  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:23 pm
of course they should!  

samancia

Rashico

Loyal Spirit

5,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:45 pm
Um...that's kinda a definite yes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:41 am
hana2111
Ha ha ha ha ha: "it becomes 100% legal"? NO DOWNLOADS of anime are legal, unless they've been authorized by the Japanese company that owns them.

True fan = supporting the legal version that gives royalites ($) to the creator.

Don't kid yourself.

Wrong. The Japanese have few copyrights, mostly because they're such a small country. The downloading of anime that is unlicensed in your home country is completely legal. This is why I could download (last year, mind you) The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and not get in legal trouble for it: It wasn't licensed in America until this year.

So, sweetie, don't kid yourself.

Frankly, I don't want to see Sailor Moon back on American television unless it's redubbed and not butchered. The Stars series will probably never air anyway. Bastards.  

o c e a n filled

Eloquent Phantom

mintycho

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:41 pm
ooh, if only...  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:35 pm
ShadedGray
hana2111

Don't kid yourself.

Wrong. The Japanese have few copyrights, mostly because they're such a small country. The downloading of anime that is unlicensed in your home country is completely legal. This is why I could download (last year, mind you) The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and not get in legal trouble for it: It wasn't licensed in America until this year.

So, sweetie, don't kid yourself.

Frankly, I don't want to see Sailor Moon back on American television unless it's redubbed and not butchered. The Stars series will probably never air anyway. Bastards.

Uhh... technically, NO, that wasn't legal. It's been said multiple times on every forum site everywhere that just because it's not liscensed doesn't mean you're allowed to download episodes of it.

Japan's copyright laws are for works in Japan, but the material is covered under copyright. The internet is NOT free domain for getting internet bootlegs of unliscensed stuff just because you can't buy it in yoru country. The F.B.I. CAN send someone after your ISP for illegal importation of a bootleg.

Why do you think Gaia's rules now say you may NOT link to unliscensed anime downloads? stare It's ILLEGAL.

To quote a website:

Copyright law was recently amended by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act which changed net copyright in many ways. In particular, it put all sorts of legal strength behind copy-protection systems, making programs illegal and reducing the reality of fair use rights.

The DMCA also changed the liability outlook for ISPs in major ways, many of them quite troublesome.

We offer a link to the DMCA in our TOS. Read up on it.  

Syndrama

MikiSohma

Gracious Giver

8,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:09 pm
If they do bring it back out, they should do it like how Funimation did with DBZ, redub it and reedit it. They took DBZ and redubbed the entire thing to have the same voice actors and kept in things they originally edited out. If they don't do that, I don't think that it would do much good to bring it out. Yes, its a good anime and is creative but with everything they are putting on the television now a day, just the animation alone will pull kids from liking it. They don't like the old shows we did when we were a kid, so I'm afraid they wouldn't take a liking to it as everyone would hope.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:01 pm
yes I do.

I think they should put a better dubbed version on Adult Swim (only not on too late)  

Missbunniswan

8,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Mizuki137

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:37 pm
they should 3nodding  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff