Total Votes : 44

xMakexMexBadx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:38 pm
1.Crank.
2.Burned.
3.Impulse.
4.Sequel to Crank: Glass.

They are amazing!

And I do have to say, Looking for Alaska was amazing as well.

You could try How I Live Now, that was EXTREMELY good.
In a creepy kind of way.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 am
You could try the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice... they are quite popular...  

Sensaina

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:32 pm
No one here can say that they are a true vampire fan unless they've read the originals. Dracula by Bram Stoker, and The Vampyre by John Polidori. I've read the former and a little of the latter. Currently though I am trying to read as much as I can before the end of the semester so that I can write my exam with ease (the written part at least).

I should probably write a list of all the books that I've read that I would recommend; and another of just all the books I've read in my life.

Twilight.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:21 pm
The Mediator Series
by Meg Cabot.

if you like Twilight you'll like this series : )  

alexisneo

Golden Clogs

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:11 pm
The "Marked" Series,by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:14 pm
I can't really think of any good fantasy books, because usually, I don't have much intrest in them (obviously I love twilight though). But I do like the book "Stargirl". However, I love, love, love the sequal to it, "Love, Stargirl".
They're both by Jerry Spinelli. Read 'em if you like bitter-sweet romance stories. They are really good.

ohemgee x meow

Marylne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:19 pm
The Uglies was good and I'm looking forward to reading the next 3 books.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:12 pm
1. Maximum Ride, by James Patterson (IT'S AWESOME! Though not as good as the Twilight Saga of course)

2. The Silver Kiss, by Annette Curtis Klause (Okay, not the best I've read)

3. Harry Potter, by J.K. Rowling (Still as good as the Twilight Saga!)

4. Vampire Kisses, by Ellen Schreiber (I've only read through half of the first... not a lot of action yet, but good!)

I have a LOT more but my brain has short curcited and I can't think of them.  

chevalierobsessed

Golden Clogs

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:08 am
There is A Great and Terrible Beauty,and it's sequel called Rebel Angels, by Libba Bray.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:10 am
moon_child_27
Anything by Diana Wynne Jones is excellant. I suggest Howl's Moving Castle, then Castle in the Air. After that, start reading the Chrestomanci Chronicles, and other Chrestomanci books, such as The Pinhoe Egg and Conrad's Fate. Try reading some of Holly Black's books, too. Tithe, Valient, and Ironside are very good. Cassandra Clare has a book called City of Bones that's good, too.

Castle In the Air? Its Castle in the Sky, isn't it?

Golden Clogs

550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:16 am
kingdom-hearts-chan
Castle In the Air? Its Castle in the Sky, isn't it?

You're thinking along the lines of Studio Ghibli's movie, Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

Castle in the Air
really is the name of Diana Wynne Jones's novel....I believe it's the sequel to Howl's Moving Castle, though I haven't read it myself.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:18 am
I've read "Castle in the Air" Diana Wynne Jones, and it is good. Very different to "Howl's Moving Castle" which I adored. I was shocked to find out that Howl was Welsh! eek

Have you thought about reading "Wuthering Heights" Emily Bronte? Bella keeps reading it and Edward quotes from it....it is a very good book and very passionate, if a little dark whee

I would also recommend "Jane Eyre" Charlotte Bronte.

The "Maximum Ride" books by James Patterson, that have already been mentioned a few times are great.

If you like vampire stories The vampire Chronicles which again someone has already mentioned by Anne Rice are good too. I think my favourite would be "Interview with the vampire" and "Queen of the Damned" the two that were made into films, although the books are somewhat different.  

Kagura1889

Obsessive Gekko

6,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Marathon 300

Xenologista

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:52 am
lost_smile
I know I find myself compairing everything I read to the series now, which sucks because I love reading and I'm getting sick of nothing measuring up.

same... but the Blue Bloods series is good if you don't mind a little bit of rich and pretty new york girls  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:54 am
kingdom-hearts-chan
There is A Great and Terrible Beauty,and it's sequel called Rebel Angels, by Libba Bray.

It's a trilogy, the third book just came out. It's called The Sweet Far Thing and it's amazing  

Xenologista

Keyairia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:41 pm
Striking
Here are some more vampire books that i enjoyed:

Marked and Betrayed by P.C. and Kristen Cast

The Vampires Diaries Series by L.J Smith

Peeps, and The Last Days by Scott Westerfield

i just bought the vampire diaries. i haven't started reading it yet; i'm in the middle of reading eragon. so i hope it's good. of course i'm not going to compare it to the twilight series; there's no comparison. :3 i just need something to keep me distracted from the fact that i have to wait until the fall for breaking dawn. D:

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff