Requisite Harry Potter Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:37 am
An article brought to my attention by Wren's Nest at Witches' voice...

In Summary, Wren
Potter Books Promote Witchcraft Says Pro-Family Campaigner

Author: The Derry Journal Source: The Derry Journal (Ireland)

Title: POTTER BOOKS PROMOTE WITCHCRAFT SAYS PRO-FAMILY CAMPAIGNER

Derry Pro-family campaigner Mrs. Jennifer Barber last night hit out at the latest Harry Potter book saying it is familiarizing children with the art of witchcraft and black magic.

Urging parents to "get rid" of any Harry Potter videos or books they have in their homes Mrs. Barber condemned the series as "carefully marketed instruction manuals for young dabblers in the occult."

"This book is 'anti --Christ' and provides an easy entry into the murky and corrupt world of occultism, priming children up for possibly something much more sinister later on such as paganism, witchcraft, sorcery, black magic and different branches of occultism."
Link to the Full Article.

rofl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:39 am
Jameta's thoughts...

Obviously, these people don't even bother to read the book- they probably look at the cover and squeal like pigs going to the slaughter, making up horrible plot-lines and such in their own head. I truly have to ask such people, what happened to the psalm 23:4? "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me..."

Honestly, these people look like ignorant turkeys squawking about nothing. If they truly had strong faith, they would look into something supposedly 'evil' without fear and figure it out themselves.

As for the book itself, this one lacked any great detail of lessons, let along spells. And the only promotion of witchcraft that I saw was, "Hey, you get go to a different school where you still have a ton of homework!"  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:50 am
Gypsy Blue
Some people may surprise you in the end. Remeber that the ones describing him in OotP weren't his biggest fans. Of course they're bound to criticise him, and I highly doubt he'd have told anyone, even Sirius, what he was up to to change the perception. I'm fully willing to admit that I'm wrong, though. I just remember him being described as a fairly important Death Eater until, for some reason never mentioned, he betrayed them and was killed.
Hmm, good point. i have otehr friends who also think it's Regulus. I'll have to read Phoenix again to see...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:56 am
Jameta
An article brought to my attention by Wren's Nest at Witches' voice...

In Summary, Wren
Potter Books Promote Witchcraft Says Pro-Family Campaigner

Author: The Derry Journal Source: The Derry Journal (Ireland)

Title: POTTER BOOKS PROMOTE WITCHCRAFT SAYS PRO-FAMILY CAMPAIGNER

Derry Pro-family campaigner Mrs. Jennifer Barber last night hit out at the latest Harry Potter book saying it is familiarizing children with the art of witchcraft and black magic.

Urging parents to "get rid" of any Harry Potter videos or books they have in their homes Mrs. Barber condemned the series as "carefully marketed instruction manuals for young dabblers in the occult."

"This book is 'anti --Christ' and provides an easy entry into the murky and corrupt world of occultism, priming children up for possibly something much more sinister later on such as paganism, witchcraft, sorcery, black magic and different branches of occultism."
Link to the Full Article.

rofl
I like they way they don't offer any proof what-so-ever....  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:19 am
Something I'd like to point out, I have never seen Harry Potter mention religion. Maybe you guys have because you've read the books, but I haven't seen any in the movies. They never mention a God/Goddess. So it's not really leading people into Wiccan/Paganism.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:29 am
Siofra Da`Halbria
Something I'd like to point out, I have never seen Harry Potter mention religion. Maybe you guys have because you've read the books, but I haven't seen any in the movies. They never mention a God/Goddess. So it's not really leading people into Wiccan/Paganism.
Nope, no religion what-so-ever. Nothing to do with paganism or even satanism either.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:44 pm
Jameta
Jameta's thoughts...Honestly, these people look like ignorant turkeys squawking about nothing. If they truly had strong faith, they would look into something supposedly 'evil' without fear and figure it out themselves.

Yeah well, these are probably the same people who claimed that Pokemon was Satanic/leading their children into the clutches of darkness because those pocket monsters were just like spiritual familiars. LOL! ^_^' I guess they'll always find something to squawk about, but sometimes I wonder if their being so ignorant might be a good thing? I mean, if they ever started putting together reasonable arguments- or at least, arguments which sounded logical- they'd pose much more of a threat to our continued way of life than they do right now. That would be truly annoying- at least this is good for a laugh.^_~  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:44 pm
WebenBanu
Jameta
Jameta's thoughts...Honestly, these people look like ignorant turkeys squawking about nothing. If they truly had strong faith, they would look into something supposedly 'evil' without fear and figure it out themselves.

Yeah well, these are probably the same people who claimed that Pokemon was Satanic/leading their children into the clutches of darkness because those pocket monsters were just like spiritual familiars. LOL! ^_^' I guess they'll always find something to squawk about, but sometimes I wonder if their being so ignorant might be a good thing? I mean, if they ever started putting together reasonable arguments- or at least, arguments which sounded logical- they'd pose much more of a threat to our continued way of life than they do right now. That would be truly annoying- at least this is good for a laugh.^_~
But see, you can't make a logical argument out of this, as there really is known. Therefore, if they went looking for logic, they'd find no argument and (hopefully) drop the subject.

But that's wishful thinking.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:36 pm
What's next? Just in! Tom Clancy novels are the spawn of Satan, as they have violence in them!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:55 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
What's next? Just in! Tom Clancy novels are the spawn of Satan, as they have violence in them!

Haha. Because, you know, we don't see it every ******** day on the news...

It's kind of funny. I woke up in the hospital this morning from a migraine blackout, and to see if I remembered anything the doctor kept asking me a series of stupid questions.

My favorite being: He asked when I last went to church.

I stared at him for five minutes before telling him "I'm pagan, sir. I don't go to 'church'." He looked at me wide eyed and asked me if I was ever possessed by the devil (The nearest hospital to us is a christian hospital).

At that point I rolled over and vomitted on his shiny black shoes. Then I laughed.
I was remineded of how much I LOVE The Exorcist xd

Anyhow. More to the point: People need to learn that this is 2005. Not 17th century boston.

Kabuki Doll

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:02 pm
Kabuki Doll
It's kind of funny. I woke up in the hospital this morning from a migraine blackout, and to see if I remembered anything the doctor kept asking me a series of stupid questions.

I stared at him for five minutes before telling him "I'm pagan, sir. I don't go to 'church'." He looked at me wide eyed and asked me if I was ever possessed by the devil (The nearest hospital to us is a christian hospital).

At that point I rolled over and vomitted on his shiny black shoes. Then I laughed.

. . .
That is so perfect!
I wish I had thought of it.
I applaude you *claps*.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:15 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
Kabuki Doll

. . .
That is so perfect!
I applaude you *claps*.

I was really glad I was too weak to punch him in the face. That would have been bad.

But it was insanely convenient that my stomach decided to regurgitate after he asked if I'd been possessed by the devil.
I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Eventually I told him that I don't believe in the devil or monotheism.
I think his face was more discolored than digested food.

Kabuki Doll

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:21 pm
Kabuki Doll
Siofra Da`Halbria
Kabuki Doll

. . .
That is so perfect!
I applaude you *claps*.

I was really glad I was too weak to punch him in the face. That would have been bad.

But it was insanely convenient that my stomach decided to regurgitate after he asked if I'd been possessed by the devil.
I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Eventually I told him that I don't believe in the devil or monotheism.
I think his face was more discolored than digested food.
One would hope doctors would be more open. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:32 pm
Haha. Yea, I know what you mean, Jameta. But not at a notorious christian hospital. confused

Kabuki Doll

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:42 pm
Kabuki Doll
Haha. Yea, I know what you mean, Jameta. But not at a notorious christian hospital. confused

I would hope that such "knowledgable" individuals would know such simple things as, "Love they neighbore" and "Love they enemy".

I mean, for J. of N's sake. rolleyes  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces