Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Harry Potter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:56 pm
knitting with friends is a lot of fun, and I bet you could find a knitting group of sorts... just google your town and knitting. that's what I did...and a year latter I'm working there. o.0

thank's I really like the hat too... though you really don't like the year. its just home-spun, and its a really nasty yarn, at least I can't stand it...it bunches up and drives me crazy. but it was the first hat I ever made, and some how its one of the best hats,s I've ever made. o.0 don't ask me how that one works.

well I'm a little over hasf way done with my new griffindor scarf that I'm making in the round.
for my birthday, (saturday) my friends and knitting buddys all through my a surprise B-day party, and my friends little sister got me yarn to make a hufflepuff scarf... its not very nice yarn, but its so sweet of her to do, I have to make it now. xd so I'm adding a Hufflepuff scarf onto my to do list. right now I still have to make the other half of the Grifindor scarf, weave in the ends to the other grifindor scarfe that I made in a 1X1 rib, and do the other half of the slytherin scarf I'm making in a 1X1 fib for a friend. xp and I still have yet to cut out the pattern for my robe... I have a lot to do before the book!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:15 pm
*nods* I just finished the Hufflepuff scarf for my friend yesterday. It's done on size 10 1/2's in 1x1 rib. I didn't make it "official" sized, but it is a decent sized scarf. She wasn't home when I delivered it, so I hope she likes it. 3nodding

User Image

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 pm
Peppermint Elf
*nods* I just finished the Hufflepuff scarf for my friend yesterday. It's done on size 10 1/2's in 1x1 rib. I didn't make it "official" sized, but it is a decent sized scarf. She wasn't home when I delivered it, so I hope she likes it. 3nodding

very nice. 3nodding
are you making one for youself? I some how remember you saying that you would make one for your self too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:08 am
Lee Kushrenada
Peppermint Elf

very nice. 3nodding
are you making one for yourself? I some how remember you saying that you would make one for your self too.
No. I've already made 2 for myself: one Gryffindor and one Ravenclaw. I am making Gryffindor socks. Just putting off casting on. sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:12 am
I'm JUST learning how to knit socks.
a friend of mine was asking if I'd knit her a pair of ravenclaw socks... how do I say no.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:10 am
Peppermint Elf

User Image

That's absolutely gorgeous! I'm about a third the way done with mine...  

Mildred Pierce

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:29 pm
so the other day I was walking down town were I work. so I was just wondering around, (I just got off my shift, but was going back for knitting in a couple of hours, and there was some thing going on in town so parking was crazy, so I didn't go home and wondered instead.) as I was heading for the yarn store, I was the bookstop... and there was a Harry Potter stand-up of Harry, (from the new cover).
ninja well how coule I not ask.
Me: "excuse me... I was just wondering what the destiny of the Harry out side is?"
Owner: "why?... do you want it?"
Me: "waybe" rolleyes
Owner: "here's a pen, put your name on it." XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:23 am
Hehee! I did that with an ASOUE board at a bookstore....I put my name on the list the day it went on display.

They never called me...and I never did get that display. Ah well....  

Mildred Pierce

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:41 pm
Mildred Pierce
Hehee! I did that with an ASOUE board at a bookstore....I put my name on the list the day it went on display.

They never called me...and I never did get that display. Ah well....

ho, sad.
will I know I'll be down there the next day to grab it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:00 am
My best friend and I are doing something crazy. Between the two of us we're making 13 HP scarves for us and our friends. We've got 2 done and 11 more to go, but we're both half done with at least one more scarf.
And I totally agree about knitting being more fun with friends. I take my knitting to school and after I met my best friend she started bringing hers too. Now we've got an impromptu knitting group going at least one day a week. Then on Saturdays(when we can) we go to a knitting shop for their knitting group about 40 min away. Sadly, that's the closest yarn shop around. And it just moved here from two hours away.

And as for HP, we're only doing the scarves, but that's because we just bought ourselves cloaks that we're using instead of robes. Hers in Ravenclaw blue, and mine is black, only because they sold the Slytherin Green one right before I got the OK to buy one for myself. Oh well, now I just look mysterious.
I was going to make a vest, but I know there's no way I'll have time between now and then.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:51 pm
Story From The Stars
My best friend and I are doing something crazy. Between the two of us we're making 13 HP scarves for us and our friends. We've got 2 done and 11 more to go, but we're both half done with at least one more scarf.
And I totally agree about knitting being more fun with friends. I take my knitting to school and after I met my best friend she started bringing hers too. Now we've got an impromptu knitting group going at least one day a week. Then on Saturdays(when we can) we go to a knitting shop for their knitting group about 40 min away. Sadly, that's the closest yarn shop around. And it just moved here from two hours away.

And as for HP, we're only doing the scarves, but that's because we just bought ourselves cloaks that we're using instead of robes. Hers in Ravenclaw blue, and mine is black, only because they sold the Slytherin Green one right before I got the OK to buy one for myself. Oh well, now I just look mysterious.
I was going to make a vest, but I know there's no way I'll have time between now and then.

13 scarves, s**t! o.0 I really hope your doing them all on 15's or something. I did the older stile of HP scarves with chunky yarn and 15's, and its nice.

knitting in groups are a lot of fun, and I'm so glad that there are yarn stores all over the place here.

well I thought I was 1/2 on my Grifindor scarfe, and when I went to show my boss... I found that its a little over 3/4 done! 4laugh yay knitting and forgetting what your doing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:24 am
Lee Kushrenada
Story From The Stars

13 scarves, s**t! o.0 I really hope your doing them all on 15's or something. I did the older stile of HP scarves with chunky yarn and 15's, and its nice.

knitting in groups are a lot of fun, and I'm so glad that there are yarn stores all over the place here.

well I thought I was 1/2 on my Grifindor scarfe, and when I went to show my boss... I found that its a little over 3/4 done! 4laugh yay knitting and forgetting what your doing.

Thanks, yeah, it is pretty crazy. And no, we're doing them all on 8's. It's taking a pretty long time, but we'll both be spending almost all of our time working on these, and all of our other projects are being put on hold.  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:13 pm
8's!!! eek
I use 9's and it takes me about 2 week's. ...I do them to scale, and I'm assuming I'm a bit taller than you are, but still.
well good luck, I really hope you get them all done.
what kind are you useing?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:43 pm
Lee Kushrenada
8's!!! eek
I use 9's and it takes me about 2 week's. ...I do them to scale, and I'm assuming I'm a bit taller than you are, but still.
well good luck, I really hope you get them all done.
what kind are you useing?
I hear that. I did mine on 10s and they weren't even the length they should've been. Took me a while (I didn't work on them every day. Some days were just too hot. gonk )  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:52 pm
that's the thing I hate about summer... well I can't stand anything over 40 so really I hate every thing about summer, but that's just another reason to hate it.
thus why I'm happy I'm starting to knit socks. 3nodding  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces