Have YOU read the Half-Blood Prince yet? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

monochan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:57 pm
who the hell is R.A.B?

I guess I'll have to find out in book seven..
JK really left t up in the air at the end of book 6, which REALLY annoyed me. Is Harry really not coming back to Hogwarts? I think I'm gonna cry... crying I'd be curious to see how it's run with McGonagall as headmistress... Plus, I wanted to see what N.E.W.Ts were like... oh well.
Book 6 was really different from the others. It wasn't as funny (I mean, it probably wasn't supposed to be anyways but a little bit of humor would have been nice....)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am
NotorietyJames
Loie
RAB but it in there when he took the locket. I believe RAB is Regulus. I just have a funny feeling.

OOOH the locket in the house is the ACTUAL locket, i thought it meant that the locket in the house was the locket that is now in harrys posession. And for now i agree that RAB is regulus, but it seems too obvious a choice for JKR, and you know how she loves surprizes

Oooh! Sorry, I misunderstood. ^^

I think it's exactly JKR's style. She never just drops a name and Regulus was mentioned early in this book I think. But it was mentioned, along with the locket and that random Mundungus-theivery scene, in the 5th anmd 6th books which make it hard NOT to believe it's Regulus.  

Mekania

NotorietyJames

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:52 pm
Mekania
NotorietyJames
Loie
RAB but it in there when he took the locket. I believe RAB is Regulus. I just have a funny feeling.

OOOH the locket in the house is the ACTUAL locket, i thought it meant that the locket in the house was the locket that is now in harrys posession. And for now i agree that RAB is regulus, but it seems too obvious a choice for JKR, and you know how she loves surprizes

Oooh! Sorry, I misunderstood. ^^

I think it's exactly JKR's style. She never just drops a name and Regulus was mentioned early in this book I think. But it was mentioned, along with the locket and that random Mundungus-theivery scene, in the 5th anmd 6th books which make it hard NOT to believe it's Regulus.

It wont be very surprizing if its regulus, and you know how JK likes to mess with us. Choosing regulus would be a little to obvious, dont you think? It would be very much in her way of doing things to make RAB stand for soemthing completley different, not a name at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:00 pm
I'd managed to read it, leisurely, in three days. I was surprised to find myself nearly apathetic the Dumbledore's death. It was a shock, esspecially so considering the murderer, but it didn't affect me nearly as much as Sirius' passing. One thing I was surprised about was the fact that Rwoling forgot about the house elves in the last chapter. She mentioned all these people who came, all the staff and bystandards but totally forgot about the house elves. And, Harry never heard anything out of Dobby or Kreature through the entire fight or even before. They was plenty of times when I thought they should have popped in but never did. Eh... no bid deal, I guess. I was also wondering why thre potion had to be drunk of all things. You could have done somehting else with it, it just seemed so out of the blue for Dumbledore to proclaim "Oh, a mysterious glowing potion in the middle of a corpse infested lake, let's drink it!" Maybe that's just me.  

SHOEBACCA

Elviondeln
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:46 pm
I managed to read it in one day. whee

The thing that got me most was Spane's roll. One of the things to expect from the 6th book was supposed to be explanation of why Dumbledore trusted Snape. I guess we found that out, but not without a horrible price. I was convinced that Snape was acting as a spy for both sides, pretending to Voldemort to be his devoted follower and reporting back to Dumbledore what the Death Eaters were up to [which would have explained the early conversation with Bellatrix and Narcissa]. I did not expect it was real. Snape was supposed to be the mean but trusted one, adding spice to the book. I just couldn't believe it. Then Dumbledore, killed? Double whammy. My mind's still in denial.

[Besides, with Snape and Malfoy being gone from the good side of the war, it gives off the vibe that a majority of the people Harry becomes enimies with turn out to be evil. Does everyone have to like the Golden Boy? *sigh* You can dislike Harry as a person but still be on the Late-Dumbledore's side. Though a few people were still on the good side, Umbridge for example, she was still portrayed as evil by forcing Harry to mutilate himself for her ignorance. Not everything has to be black and white.]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:08 am
Dumbledore's death was predictable, but still hurt more than anything in the series. However, I do think it was entirely necessary. As long as Dumbledore was alive, Harry would not be able to fight Voldemort. Not because of a lax in ability, but because Dumbledore would always do what he did in book 5, fight to protect Harry. He cared too much for Harry to allow him to endanger himself. I hope that makes sense.

Friday night, right after I bought the book, but before I began reading, Liamsgirl and I had a conversation about how much we adore the character of Severus Snape. I take everything back. I can't even express how much pain I want inflicted on him. If it weren't for Dumbledore, Snivellus would have spent the last fifteen years rotting away in Azkaban. For him to turn around and do something like this...

Was it just me, or did a snog-bomb explode all over anyone else's book? I swear!

Overall, I liked the fact that most of the book was a lot lighter and more humorous than the last, aside from the last few chapters, of course.  

willowtree
Captain

SmartCookie1800

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:50 am
I really enjoyed the book but I thought it moved kinda slow. It was either really interesting or REALLY boring. I think the 7th book is gonna be the best because its gonna sum it all up. Im really interested to see whether Harry goes back to Hogwarts or not and if he doesnt, what he's going to do instead.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:48 am
My thoughts on the book is this was alittle different from her usual style...I mean normally she didn't do so many dark things...but in the time of Harry Potter things are changing...(that kinda sounded gay but oh well)

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give this book a 9 because I did not want to stop reading in most parts of this book but yet in some parts I did. I also would give it a 9 because it was written well and it had some good parts to it. And the end was cool.

I did not expect Dumbledore to die. It came unexpectedly for me. Snape wasn't really unexpected...I mean she was always hinting at him to be evil. Malfoy I kinda figured he would go Voldemort...sorry but that's what I thought.  

[+Unspoken_Words+]

Orange Leather

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:10 pm
Yas i have read it.

I went to borders at midnight stood in line untill three and then finished it at seven the same morning.

Then iread it again

And again

.......And again

Seriously read it four times and thinking about reading it again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:36 pm
I have it but I didn't read it.  

CuteLittleRin

bardlover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 pm
Mekania

I'm actually still REALLY wishy washy about who's side Snape is on. Did you notice he never actualy HARMED Harry during his "flight"? Just defended himself by knocking Harry down and disarming him. I doubt Voldemort would have cared if the boy recieved a few wounds so that's not an excuse.

That and I don't believe Dumbledore's plea was for Snape to spare his life. I think he was asking to die. Dumbledore was aware of Snape making the Unbreakable Vow and he had also spent most of the last moments of his life trying to save an "innocent" - Malfoy. I think Dumbledore knew Snape would keep Malfoy safe after he died. That was part of Snape's vow, afterall. But if Snape didn't kill Dumbledore he would have died and Malfoy would have been found and killed for failing his task. That's two people dead for the price of an old (marvelous, glorious, powerfull, and altogether awesome) man. But Dumbledore would have died anyway by the hand of one of the other Death Eaters in the room. So that's three unnecessary deaths. Which is why I think he was telling Snape to kill him. And the look of disgust and revulsion on Snape's face was because Dumbledore was making him do something he didn't want to do and he knew he had to.

But I could be wrong. It's really hard to figure out a character that is such a bloody good liar. But one thing's for sure; whether he's good or evil, he just got a million brownie points from Voldemort and his followers.

I was the same way for a while. Then I realized that it would be too easy for Snape to be all bad. *sighs* And I really wanted Harry to be right.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:52 am
One Word: EXCELLENT!!!!! I'm not one of those people who can write long things about books but i thought it was great and had some really funny stuff like ron and hermione.. 3nodding  

skeledragon

The Red Coyote

Desirable Vampire

6,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:53 pm
I did not like it at all. There was some good parts to it but it still was not what i exspected. I thought it was going to be WAY better. But i should not complain. Maybe in the seventh book Harry will be more useful. In the last two books he only got in the way. That is what i think. And if Harry know that hte half blood prince was snape he would have not even looked at that book. The only reason he learnd anything from that book was becuase he didnt know that it was snapes. If he was not soo bone headed he would have learn as much as possable from snape. If he learned how to block his mind insted of hating snape to much he would not learn anything from him he would have learn from SNAPE and he would be a really good wizard. That is what i thnk HARRY TOTALLY GOT HIS BUT KICKED BY SNAPE! That was sooo sad. Anyways i can talk on and on about Harry and Snape but na. I want to see what every one else thinks. Hehe. Please dont hate me for this. KK? It is my openion. Every one has differnt ones though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:37 pm
Yes... read it in 2 days... not non-stop... I ate... I read... I went potty... I ate... I read some more.... I read while pottying and eating... the book was hott... and sad... made me wanna cry... and I did... hmmm... Harry,Harry,Harry.... who's he gonna lose next???  

HRHunter

RedRose07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:37 pm
i read book 6 in about 12 hours. it was sad to dumbledore go. He died too soon, in my opinion, just like sirius. The Harry/Ginny hookup was pretty expected by most major HP fans. Now if only Ron/Hermione would declare their love for each other and hook up for god sakes!!! Book 7 should be pretty interesting if all this stuff has happened in book 6 already  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff