Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Vampire Kisses? You Suck? Wereling? Blue Bloods? Tithe? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakyoku no Doki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:15 pm
I've read both Blood and Chocolate, and the Cirque du Freak series. Blood and Chocolate was a good book, I enjoyed it (the movie was way-off, she didn't even end up with the same guy in the end, and her cousin died! crying I loved her cousin!). Cirque du Freak was also good, albeit rather odd.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:22 am
um the cirque du freak series was amazing, as was the amelia atwater rhodes books, the silver kiss is a good book, boys that bite and its sequil stake that, the blue blood series is good, the southern vampire novels are good too they are....
dead until dark,
livin dead in dallas,
club dead,
dead to the world,
definately dead,
dead as a doornail,
all together dead and the 8th one is from dead to worse...
another great book is vampire acadmy
bloodline and the reckoning
um
the vampire who loved me was basically a love story too and if i find anymore i will post them but these are the best vampire books ive come across so far  

VampirePrincessOftheNorth

punk-rock-xx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:51 pm
Read Snitch its really good!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:33 pm
I really liked all of the Tithe series so far, Tithe, Valient, and Ironside. my favorite had to be Valient though, it sooo good.
Holly Black is one of my favorite authors. 3nodding  

hyuga_girl4life

AceArtemis7

Professional Architect

1,150 Points
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:19 pm
Vampire Kisses - havent read
You Suck - havent read
Wereling - havent read
Blue Bloods (& sequel: Masquerade) - have read blue bloods, original, but "blah" to me
Tithe (& sequels) - want to read
eragon (& sequels) - have read, AMAZING books
cirque de freak - have read, they're all right. Lots of adventures and actions
greywalker - never heard of, havent read
shattered mirror (& sequels) - have read, really GOOD. Love it! Its amazing she wrote this at 17 yrs old?
moon called - never heard of, havent read
Blood and Chocolate - seen the movie, awesome! More about werewolf than the vamps
Blue Girl - never heard of, havent read
Peeps (& sequel: The Last Days) - have read, another "blah", a new perspective on vampirism, but not all that great, Westerfeld's Uglies series is better.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:33 am
Blue Bloods- Like a supernatural Gossip Girl to me almost. But still good.
Cirque du Freak- Tried to read. Hated.
Peeps- Tried to read. DESPISED.
Blood and Chocolate- is getting it for Easter. XD.

Do NOT read Morganville Vampires. It sucks beyond reason. The series had great potential, then the second one just got crazy.

I've been straying away from books of the supernatural. I've been reading The Clique and Gossip Girl and stuff like that. -shrugs- I don't know.

LiM3 TAFFY

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:40 pm
My favoritest book is Ironside, By Holly Black.
I love her books. I want them to make them a movie, but I know they would kill it, and then I would have to kill them, and I can't be doing that.
But I love Scott Westerfield, Holly Black, Darren Shan, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes; All the writers mentioned.

The Vampire Kisses books are Okay, but the main character, I can't remember her name..., pisses me off. She seems like some goth poser.
Like... a Goth Jr. Mini-goth, Semi-goth, I dunno, just not really gothic. at all.
I seem more gothic than her And that is creepy.

I have another series to read that is awesome called a Great and Terrible Beauty and the sequal is Rebel Angels. They are by Libba Bray.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:45 pm
tithe is fantastic, but valiant was even better...... ironside however was a let down (at least i thought so xp  

Synesthetic_Sunset

2,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

x~ Reyna ~x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:11 pm
You said Shattered Mirror, but that's the third one in a serise of four...? The first one is In the Forest of the Night, the second is Demon in my View, then is Shattered Mirror, and I'm pretty sure that Midnight Predator is in the same serise. And Sliver Kiss is a good one by Annette Cutis Klause. I've read Blood and Chocolate and Tithe is actualy in my back pack right now. Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is a good author, though her books are a little too short to keep my attention for more than a day or so, and that's with reading about four books a day. Personaly, I like the Uglies serise. The new book just came out in October, I think, and it was really good. Chasing Yesterday was a good serise. A Great and Terrible Beauty was good, but my school doesn't have the next two, so I haven't gotten to read them yet. Wow, lots of good serise out there right now. When I'm done reading Eclipse (about the ninth time I've read it since I got it for Christmas: not joking.), I'm going to read Tithe and then Emma by Jane Austen. Anyone else got any other books? I go through about a 400-700 page book in less than a week, and anything under 200 or 300 in a day or less, so I'm in need of new reading matierial before I start to annoy my friends by randomly quoting the most unimportant line from New Moon, Eclipse, or Twilight just because I've read them so much. I started reading them a few days after the 16th of December (my birthday) and I've read them each several times since then, along with a few shorter books in between. I need phycological help...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:53 pm
angel2cutiegirl
Peeps is OK..all the book was really about was Parasites...not really vampires. Personally I prefer Scott Westerfield's other series Uglies, Pretties, and Specials!! (But truthfully Twilight and New Moon beats these by FAR!!)

I like those books too (you've forgotten Extras). Vampire Kisses is okay but it's not as deep (or as good) as the Twilight series.  

Tricky Little Vampire

Paris05

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:58 am
I've read the Vampire Diaries + Blue Bloods/Masquerade and they were really good but not even as good as twilight =]
Something close to Twilight is the House of Night series!
Bk 1- Marked
Bk 2 - Betrayed  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:00 pm
I have Blue Bloods! LOVE IT! Got to find Masguerade!  

Mikoto_7

Fruity_Nova

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:52 pm
Oh! I read Tithe. Awesome book. I recommend it to anyone who liked Twilight. It's not about vampires, but it is about faeries. : ) There are also two books that come after that. Not really sequels though. They're called Valiant and Ironside. I want to read Blood and Chocolate.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:46 am
I have read Vampire Kisses.
I like it. But it isn't my favorite.
I haven't read the other ones.
I will try them out though and see how I like them :3

-NolaGirlAtHeart-

Erainya

5,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:21 pm
I havent read most of those books actually. Although I have read Blue Bloods and I want to read its sequal (Masquarade) <---- I think thats how you spell it.... eek xd anyway..... so um.....I'm reading the Golden compass series. good books, but if you dont like the atheist ideas, then its not for you. Lord Asriel wants to go against the God and Church...and whatever..........later.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff