Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
IDK, My BFF Jill? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conall the Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:38 pm
I've seen that commercial and I can't help but groan everytime I do. There are English subtitles for what the kid is saying!  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:48 am
Conall the Wanderer
I've seen that commercial and I can't help but groan everytime I do. There are English subtitles for what the kid is saying!

That's when you know America has hit an all time low. We have to have subtitles for our abbreviations. I am so sick of this commercial that I am seriously considering kicking the television with my steel toes the next next time it comes on! burning_eyes  

Amaya84

normtheclone

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:06 pm
This commercial will most likely be the greatest cause for the decline of wester civilization. Meh was lyk wtf tis cmrtial is so f'ed up.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:00 pm
burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes ninja ninja ninja evil twisted stressed  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:27 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Thankfully, I don't watch much TV, so I haven't seen it.

What really bothers me is cell providers encourage people to use text talk. I don't see why, since text messages charge per message, not per character in the message.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But they do limit you to 120 (or sometimes 240) characters, so if you want to fit in a lot, you'd have to send a ton of messages.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:21 pm
Yes I have seen this commercial but I personally think a person would never talk like that. Even if they do text talk to someone all day. They might use omg but the probably wouldn't go all the way and talk like that.  

Rich Uncle Pennybags

s0prano42_x3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 pm
Okay, everyone here is going to want to kill me but... I love that commercial. I think it's hilarious. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:34 pm
s0prano42_x3
Okay, everyone here is going to want to kill me but... I love that commercial. I think it's hilarious. xD

Why would we kill a literate?
It would only hurt our cause.  

Venat the Undying

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:36 pm
Shadows Kade
I've watched the commercial, and it really annoys me to hear "txt tlk" actually spoken. I have to deal with it everyday though, because kids at my school go around talking like that. Instead of laughing they "lol" and when they go somewhere they literally say "brb". stare

I feel your pain. I sit next to this one girl in chemistry who talks like that for the duration of the period, and it annoys the hell out of me.

It is scary that the mom knows what the girl is saying in the commercial. I only text once every two months, that's only when I'm in a library or somewhere where I don't want to bother people by talking. I just leave out the vowels if a word is too long.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:28 pm
raineoftears
Conall the Wanderer

That's when you know America has hit an all time low. We have to have subtitles for our abbreviations. I am so sick of this commercial that I am seriously considering kicking the television with my steel toes the next next time it comes on! burning_eyes
I'm definitely with you on that.  

Conall the Wanderer

donutguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:55 am
I once was a text-talker. It all changed when I said 'Lol' out loud at school.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:23 pm
Cuando Pienso de lo, yo quiero morir. xp
When I think of it, I want to die. xp  

saotomi5102

Hackney Equine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:16 pm
Didn't the mother curse in that commerical? When she responded to the girl she said "That's what's SN... DANG F," but for the longest time I thought she was saying damn, it's so slurred.

I don't mind the commerical very much because it is making fun of how nonsensical it is. I liked better the other commerical where the mother and girl are yelling at each other like they are angry but saying things like "You're the greatest," and "I love you!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:20 pm
donutguy
I once was a text-talker. It all changed when I said 'Lol' out loud at school.

There is an apartment complex in Seattle, and in the complex is an elevator... and beside the elevator door in fat sharpie lettering is.... "LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!" all down the frame.  

Hackney Equine

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:34 pm
I laugh at the stupidity of that commercial, then call them retards.

I was on the verge of talking like that in middle school. A friend of mine said something funny, and I almost said "lol" instead of laughing. Now, I'm cured. Proper Grammar all the way!!  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff