HistoryWak's Poll!!
  YAY!!
  *sticks finger in back of throat*
View Results

HistoryWak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 am
miss_phantasmagoria
THE MAGIKAL TURTLE
I'm a huge beatles fan, but I can't find Beatles' merchandise anywhere!
I only found like 7 shirts in walmart, and 2 posters in HMV. But where do you guys get your stuff?

PS: I live in Canada.

I rob passing strangers in Beatles shirts. ninja

Lol, joking. I order some of my stuff/get it on eBay, antique stores (though Beatles stuff is usually snatched up pretty quickly), some stores have random Beatles things...there's even a few actualy stores for Beatles merchandise (I've been to the ones in London and St. Louis.) Ect. Just keep your eyes out. ;D

They'll also have stuff at used record stores sometimes.

Flea Markets are great for Beatles stuff. (Just watch your prices. lol)

Ebay is expensive so again watch your prices. lol
I was also ripped $100 on Ebay for a Beatles LP Box Set. He had great ratings. The item never came. Many people who bought things from his store the same time as me had the same problem. Ebay refunded it.

I got good stuff from Ebay before that though. I got John Lennon 'Walls and Bridges' and The Plastic Ono Band 'Live Peace in Toronto 1969' on vinyl and I also got the 45 of God Save Us/Do the Oz single by Bill Elliot and the Elastic Oz Band and George Harrison: Best of Dark Horse 1976-1989 on CD.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:45 pm
HistoryWak
miss_phantasmagoria
THE MAGIKAL TURTLE
I only found like 7 shirts in walmart, and 2 posters in HMV. But where do you guys get your stuff?

Lol, joking. I order some of my stuff/get it on eBay, antique stores (though Beatles stuff is usually snatched up pretty quickly), some stores have random Beatles things...there's even a few actualy stores for Beatles merchandise (I've been to the ones in London and St. Louis.) Ect. Just keep your eyes out. ;D

I was also ripped $100 on Ebay for a Beatles LP Box Set. He had great ratings. The item never came. Many people who bought things from his store the same time as me had the same problem. Ebay refunded it.

I got good stuff from Ebay before that though. I got John Lennon 'Walls and Bridges' and The Plastic Ono Band 'Live Peace in Toronto 1969' on vinyl and I also got the 45 of God Save Us/Do the Oz single by Bill Elliot and the Elastic Oz Band and George Harrison: Best of Dark Horse 1976-1989 on CD.

antique stores are the worst, though! they rip you off the most and half the stuff isn't even authentic or original or real (except for this one downtown where i live. i love that place! it's called nicholby's and there's a bar upstairs. XD). i went into one once, and they had sgt. pepper's on vinyl. it was a reproduction on apple records and didn't even have the cutouts. the jacket wasn't in the greatest shape evr, either. and know how much they wanted for it? 75 ******** dollars. i got my sgt. pepper's vinyl original production on capitol records, original cutouts, records in excellent condition, original plastic wrapping, and jacket in fabulous condition for only $26.50 on ebay.  

ruthiey

The Ghoul In Pajamas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:16 pm
some absolutely heart failure inducing collections. mine is so feeble in comparison. stare crying I mostly have posters and pictures on my walls... and books!!! I got two killer books from my mum from an oppie. and one of my teachers gave me her LP cover of Meet the Beatles (capitol). yes. not much at all but i am so proud of them none the less  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:44 pm
watarrmelonz
some absolutely heart failure inducing collections. mine is so feeble in comparison. stare crying I mostly have posters and pictures on my walls... and books!!! I got two killer books from my mum from an oppie. and one of my teachers gave me her LP cover of Meet the Beatles (capitol). yes. not much at all but i am so proud of them none the less

I wish I had a teacher who did that. razz

You got plenty to be proud of. 3nodding  

HistoryWak

HistoryWak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 pm
ruthiey
HistoryWak
miss_phantasmagoria
THE MAGIKAL TURTLE

antique stores are the worst, though! they rip you off the most and half the stuff isn't even authentic or original or real (except for this one downtown where i live. i love that place! it's called nicholby's and there's a bar upstairs. XD). i went into one once, and they had sgt. pepper's on vinyl. it was a reproduction on apple records and didn't even have the cutouts. the jacket wasn't in the greatest shape evr, either. and know how much they wanted for it? 75 ******** dollars. i got my sgt. pepper's vinyl original production on capitol records, original cutouts, records in excellent condition, original plastic wrapping, and jacket in fabulous condition for only $26.50 on ebay.

You got that for a great price on Ebay. They usually go for more. I know. I was pricing them last summer. I've seen Beatles records at antique stores going for lots of money and being in crappy condition. I bought a Sgt. Pepper re-issue form the 80's that had the rainbow label in perfect condition as was the cover but the sleeve was a white generic one and there were no cut-outs. I paid $20 for it. (I thought it was the original until I did some research.) The White Album is expensive original and in great condition. I saw a guy at an antique store selling a purple capital re-issue of Abbey Road for $30. You wonder what goes on in people's heads when they price these. We should carry around price guides and prove to them that they are worth less and see if they sell it or not. blaugh

They might try to shoo us away. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:07 pm
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak
miss_phantasmagoria
THE MAGIKAL TURTLE

You got that for a great price on Ebay. They usually go for more. I know. I was pricing them last summer. I've seen Beatles records at antique stores going for lots of money and being in crappy condition. I bought a Sgt. Pepper re-issue form the 80's that had the rainbow label in perfect condition as was the cover but the sleeve was a white generic one and there were no cut-outs. I paid $20 for it. (I thought it was the original until I did some research.) The White Album is expensive original and in great condition. I saw a guy at an antique store selling a purple capital re-issue of Abbey Road for $30. You wonder what goes on in people's heads when they price these. We should carry around price guides and prove to them that they are worth less and see if they sell it or not. blaugh

It's hard to find records here and they cost a lot, in an antique store they have 2 Sgt.Pepper records, White album record, Rubber Soul record and a A Collection of Beatles Oldies record they cost around $22 and in another antique shop one of their book costs around $77. I wanted to try Ebay but I might have a problem with the shipment.  

flanningcustard

ruthiey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 pm
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak
miss_phantasmagoria
THE MAGIKAL TURTLE

ha ha
we so should. XD

what i have noticed, is that abbey road and their earlier albums released only in the UK tend to be some of the more expensive albums (of albums by any artist). at the flea market, i saw three different people selling abbey road albums and four selling different ones of their earlier UK-only releases (all original 1969 issue on apple for abbey road and original vinyl issue for the other ones and all in excellent condition) for close to $60 and $70+ for the UK ones. i have also noticed that it is extremely difficult to find revolver in good condition (probably because it has black and white album artwork, so it shows more damage and ware/tear) as well as it being difficult to find please please me on vinyl at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:16 am
HistoryWak
watarrmelonz

I wish I had a teacher who did that. razz

You got plenty to be proud of. 3nodding

oh thankyou. i should upload pictures before my bedroom gets hit by another metaphorical bomb. ps. i want your tshirts something horrid. Id love to wear the Beatles over my heart heart heart xp  

The Ghoul In Pajamas

HistoryWak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:02 am
ruthiey
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak
miss_phantasmagoria
THE MAGIKAL TURTLE

ha ha
we so should. XD

what i have noticed, is that abbey road and their earlier albums released only in the UK tend to be some of the more expensive albums (of albums by any artist). at the flea market, i saw three different people selling abbey road albums and four selling different ones of their earlier UK-only releases (all original 1969 issue on apple for abbey road and original vinyl issue for the other ones and all in excellent condition) for close to $60 and $70+ for the UK ones. i have also noticed that it is extremely difficult to find revolver in good condition (probably because it has black and white album artwork, so it shows more damage and ware/tear) as well as it being difficult to find please please me on vinyl at all.

Wow. I've actually never seen the UK versions on vinyl. The only one's I saw were part of a box set released here but were the UK versions so that don't really count. One guy was selling original 45s on Capital starting at $30. It had the original sleeve and all but I didn't have that much on me to get them. I got Let it be on the original red apple and John Lennon Mind Games on apple from him. Let it be was $20 and the single was $5 I believe. (He said he don't like the Beatles solo so he marks all those ridiculously cheaper so they sell.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:52 pm
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak

ha ha
we so should. XD

Wow. I've actually never seen the UK versions on vinyl. The only one's I saw were part of a box set released here but were the UK versions so that don't really count. One guy was selling original 45s on Capital starting at $30. It had the original sleeve and all but I didn't have that much on me to get them. I got Let it be on the original red apple and John Lennon Mind Games on apple from him. Let it be was $20 and the single was $5 I believe. (He said he don't like the Beatles solo so he marks all those ridiculously cheaper so they sell.)

yeah, you'll get people like that, who sell certain albums, or artists ridiculously cheap, just because they don't care much for their music.  

ruthiey

HistoryWak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:52 am
ruthiey
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak

ha ha
we so should. XD

yeah, you'll get people like that, who sell certain albums, or artists ridiculously cheap, just because they don't care much for their music.

It was good for me biggrin

Now I need to find someone who hates the Beatles together too and sells Beatles records. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:26 pm
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak
ruthiey
HistoryWak

ha ha
we so should. XD

It was good for me biggrin

Now I need to find someone who hates the Beatles together too and sells Beatles records. twisted

ha ha ha
oh yes... XD  

ruthiey

ruthiey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:52 pm
OMFG, I AM A VERY HAPPY LITTLE MUNCHKIN!!!!!!!!! XD

it took me 6+ months to find these:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:58 am
ruthiey
OMFG, I AM A VERY HAPPY LITTLE MUNCHKIN!!!!!!!!! XD

it took me 6+ months to find these:
User Image

ooooooooooooooooooooo. Revolver is so shiny and pretty heart  

The Ghoul In Pajamas

faerie_ophelia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:57 am
Seriously sweet on the Let It Be DVD, Ruthiey.  
Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff