Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Who is R.A.B? (6th book spolier STAY AWAY!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:25 pm
windy_star
ppl say i'm wrong at skl but i think dat its 3 ppl in a plot or sum1 related 2 voldemort and doesn't no it but da person is a goodie i no i'm rong
crying
Umm, no offence but...English please??  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:57 am
It's Sirius' brother. He wrote it before he died. I'm sure we'll find out in the final book.  

Lena the Angel Cat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:52 pm

darkteenangel

i have a strong feeling it is regulus coz his full name is regulus artucus black  

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:43 pm
SionaRedhawk
Seska-san
I just read somewhere today that they think its Regulus Black, you know Sirus brother, because Harry, Ron , and Hermione found a big locket that they couldnt get open in Grimulad Place. (OOPs cant spell today) Not sure if this is true but it does make since.

I'm fairly sure I don't remember any locketfinding in No. 12 Grimmauld Place, but if there was, then that is almost solid rock right there, some one shoot me if I am wrong, but Regulus A. Black does fit and there is a locket in the Black house...theres your answer. No less, you can't open the locket. I rest my case.

And I havent yet read this thread completely, but that post caught me...

Nope, you're wrong- there WAS a locket mentioned. In the Order of the Phoenix, page 116 (American Version), the quote is
Quote:
There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister, tinkling tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box...

Also, If you remember, in the 6th book, Mundugus Fletcher steals some stuff out of Grimmauld Place to the fury of Harry. I can't see any reason for J.K. to bring this up unless it had significance- which it does if Dung actually stole the locket/horcrux! Think about- Dung's up and nicked a chunk of Voldy's soul! eek

There's plenty more reason for Regulus to be RAB;
For one, his time of death makes sense. He joins the Death Eaters (for reason unknown), decides to steal the horcrux (motive unknown, but it could be one of many theories), steals it, leaves the note, and hides the locket in Grimmauld Place. He backs out of the Death Eaters, not liking what they are doing, and gets killed. Which, in a way, protects the secret of the stolen horcrux safe, since Voldy wouldn't be able to read his mind and find out what he had done. So, the only persons who knew about the horcrux being stolen is Regulus and whoever he brought with him to cross in the boat and what not. Which brings up an interesting question- who did go with him to fetch the horcrux? xD Be free to kill/support my theory! heart  

xxScribbles

xxScribbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:53 pm
darkteenangel
i have a strong feeling it is regulus coz his full name is regulus artucus black

How do you know that's his middle name? *raises eyebrow*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:20 pm
xxScribbles
darkteenangel

How do you know that's his middle name? *raises eyebrow*
just to clarify this i read in another thread that Artucus is a Constallation and seeing as JKR has an addiction to those it would make sense that Artucus is his middle name. (either that or Alphard after an uncle) And now to explain various things I have read in this thread...
Someone said "wouldn't there be a magical aura around it or something?" the answer is no. Until you write in the diary, it just seems like a book that no one ever used. Niether Ginny nor Harry new what it was until they wrote in it. Also i think it was not only someone Killing Regulus but also failing health due to the potion...
Also (and many people have said this) JKR likes to leave little things that you can go back to... such as the fact that the first time you ever hear of Sirius is in the 1st book when Hagrid says where he got the motorbike which he borrowed from him. so wouldn't make sense that the first time she ever mentions him it's not in a very important tone, Just introductory information. Not to mention the fact that she just glosses over the locket. You can't just gloss over something in an HP book. It almost always comes back to haunt you!
I'm done now  

Supergirl126

sonata_sonata

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:58 pm
Mekania
I agree very much with this person's theories on R.A.B. http://www.livejournal.com/users/garlandgraves/3409.html#cutid1 (contains spoilers)

I agree totaly. Thats what I thought whenever I first saw the initials. I mean, who else could it be?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:17 pm
Regulus has been such a minor character though. I would think that RAB is either a new character, or one that has played a bigger part in the story. Besides, RAB being Regulus is just too obvious. JKR likes to surprise us.  

Phantom_Moonhawk

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:25 pm
Phantom_Moonhawk
Regulus has been such a minor character though. I would think that RAB is either a new character, or one that has played a bigger part in the story. Besides, RAB being Regulus is just too obvious. JKR likes to surprise us.
Yeah, but Sirius was a little known character before he was introduced. And there aren't any other well know characters that fit that description. It is entirely possible that it is a new character, but don't ignore Regulus just because he's been mentioned only in passing.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:13 am
Just to be different wink , i reckon it is Regulus, because you know how when Sirius is taking Harry through his family tree and said that Regulus was a death eater for a while but then tried to back out? Maybe he stole the locket hid it and thats why he was murdered...it's a stretch but its a theory....(don't really know why he wouldn't figure out where he hid it first, but anyway....) but thats the huge gaping hole in my scheme.  

NessaSaralonde

AwaitingMidnight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:29 am
Yeah I think it's Regulus. I have thought that since before I got a chance to read anything about RAB and it's because of the locket thing. Harry did come across a locket... a big locket... and it was at Grimmuald place.... so when Dumbledore showed harry the memory with the locket I just automatically went to that conclusion. I knew Bellatrix wouldn't have done it since she's still loyal... so I assumed that Regulus had somewhow come across the locket. Then this theory was reinforced when Harry caught Mundungus stealing. He was stealing vairous items... items that had crests on them. So... I think he was under the imperius curse so that Voldemort could get back the locket. This is just my theory though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:47 am
meh, I'm still under the impression it's somebody we don't know.  

monochan

Lafaera

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:26 pm
This some of my theories and the theories of some of my friends, but we think it it Regulus! The reasons for this. R.A.B... Regulus A. Black. Rowling likes surprises and Regulus wasn't mentioned very much. The locket in Grimmald Palace... Dumbldore wasn't there and therfore had never seen the locket. Also, the thing about it being someone new. Rowling said in an interview that she would not be introducing any new characters in the seventh book, only building on those we already know. That's really all I can rememeber at the moment. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:25 pm
i also think its someone we dont know, so i think its *bear with me, it just a thought: andromeda black, sirius's aunt or cousin(i cant remeber)all they say is her first name, but then you have to realize that he was talking about the black family, so...yea sweatdrop  

Fyyera

Alemontes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:43 pm
Well me, my teacher,and friend were discussing that it might be regulus black.We don't know what the a stand for.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff