Submit

Like Gothic Lolita?
  Um....What's that?
  Of Course!
  No Way! Too much frill and lace!
View Results

Scathach789

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:02 am
I'll only buy lolita clothes if the girls at the counter barely speak English...you know it's good if that's the case.
How could anyone wistake that western stuff for lolita though? The one girl was wearing a tutu skirt and corset (OMG underwear agh!) and the other one looked more romantigoth...seriously...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:52 am
Miss Mosquito
@ devils_lilboy: it's a scan from one of my Gothic Lolita Bibles =]

@ DreamerSpirit: <33

@ Slayer Igraine: True, as long as it looks good, it's alright.
But I'm one of those halfway-strict Japanese fashion-nazis. x_x
I'm quite the elistist, too, and I believe that if you're going to
represent a subculture, such as lolita, you might as well do it right. xD

@ Zoe the Retarded Muffin: Amane Misa cosplay? I'm csplaying her
for AnimeNext '07. ^____^ I'm almost done sewing the skirt and
petticoat, too! Oh, and are you talking about cosmates.jp?

@ Fobidden Nightmare: Did everything everyone and myself
have been saying just whiz by your head? o.O

Nope its My EGL dress  

Namennayo

Sorinchako

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:39 pm
I am a large fan of Gothic Lolita and I have quite a large number of the clothes the style pertains to. Although, since I can only get it online and at the a single store in my town, I tend to stick to slightly simpler fashions.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:58 pm
I have a pen pal that loves gothic lolita, and a lot of the loli clothes she can fit anymore, she gives to me (which fit perfectly!) so I don't have that big of problem of getting the clothes. A lot of the outfits I get are also handmade beacause I can't get the styles I like (like Moi Meme Moite) because they're so tiny!  

Angelique le Gauthier

[x]Macabre-Alamode[x]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:03 pm
I can't even begin to explain my profound love for anything Lolita related. It's such an elegant style, that makes you just stop to look.

I, myself, am part of the EGL community, and halfway enjoy it... There's a few bitches up in there...

Besides that, I also wear Lolita clothing on special occasions; I'm a dude.
^w^

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Love Lolita. A friend canget me anything I want although I don't dress like it as much as i want.  

Temptress69

AngelOnDeathRow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:06 am
Lots of people love the dress style but i've not seen one person who isn't japanese or asian who actually looks good in it. Most people look dreadful and haven't got the style right or are wearing things way too small for them. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:45 pm
I wish I could dress in gothic lolita but I have I hard time looking innocent enough to look good on them. (cuz I have a large bust so it's hard to look child like.) the only redeeming factor is that I have big round eyes that help me look a little more innocent ^^  

Gintsuki tenshi

2on

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:44 am
Gothic lolitas brilliant when done well. Unfortunately theres always a couple walking the streets here that probably don't suit it as well as others.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm
I wouldn't really call tutus and corests fake or western lolita...
They aren't unattractive, but they aren't gothic lolita and I for one don't think they're trying to be.
If I was going to call anything western lolita, it would be what I currently call the "Tim Burton" look.
As for me, I have one dress that would be lolita with the right hat, (I could pull it off with no hat if I had enough ribbons and if I somehow managed to curl all my hair.) And one or two Tim Burton dresses.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:34 pm
MortSanglant
I love how the people in this thread are all, "I love EGL! But it's so expensive, and I can't find the clothes." when the true essence of EGL is not only looking doll/child-like but also doing it yourself.

User Image

*nods*

Gothic & Lolita Bible, which is pretty much THE Bible for Lolita culture, does have a heavy emphasis on DIY, and it, along with other major Lolita publications (such as Goth Loli Sewing) feature patterns, and seem to place equal emphasis on DIY chlothing and expensive designer clothes.

The few Loli outfits I have are all hand made, and cost me under $15 each because I took the time to make them myself. $15 and spending an afternoon fighting with my sewing machine is well worth the effort when you compare it to paying upwards of $200 for a similar pre-made garment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 am
EGL is gorgeous. Wouldn't mind knocking up a few dresses one day.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:35 am
Slayer Igraine
I've got three complete gothic lolita outfits, and every now and then I wear them with a corset or a waspie. Not because I've 'misinterpreted' the fashion, but because well... if I can wear a corset with it, I'm gonna capitalise on it every now and then. Does it really matter if people adapt the look and change it? As long as it actually looks half-way decent on them, it's all good by me.

I don't have any complete outfits but i have a few bits and pices there's an amazing gothic lolita dress in my local cyber fashion shop but i's really expensive ... *drools* sooo pretty ...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:44 pm
not realy  

dante_reincarnation15

Jigoku_Shoujo1348

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:18 am
I love all the different kinds of Lolitas. I wish I had the money to dress like real ones do crying  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff