Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you train?
Repeatedly fight single computers
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Fight in free-for-all matches with you and 3 others (computers and/or humans)
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Set a team of people up against you that you repeatedly fight
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Make a complicated system that helps you get better
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Just do whatever you feel like
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
other
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

The Twilight Walker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:56 pm
I train according to how much I want to improve. If I want to improve on 1 on 1 fights, I usually play against a level 9 computer with no items at all. Just mano a mano. And now if I want to get better at free-for-alls, I just put all level 9 computers and go at it. And for traing against multiple opponents, I just put team melee. All the opponents are Ice Climbers at level 9. It's like fighting against 6 people at a time. Try it and you'll know how hard it is to win. I also do a little traing in training mode. I slow down the camera frame rate in order to perfect my combo timing skills, such as Roy's Flame Sword Dance. Then when you speed it back up, you be able to execute the combos at lightning pace. If you want more in depth explinations, just send me a PM.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:40 pm
when i train i just do a one on one with a level 1 computer, yeah i said level 1. the way i see it is that no one fights like a level 9 so playing against them is pointless. you just play against them over and over again then pretty soon just use to fighting computers then when you fight against someone else you're too use to play against computer and people don't fight like them.

i just use the level 1 as a test dummy for combos and crap.  

GuentherJr

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:09 pm
garysux
when i train i just do a one on one with a level 1 computer, yeah i said level 1. the way i see it is that no one fights like a level 9 so playing against them is pointless. you just play against them over and over again then pretty soon just use to fighting computers then when you fight against someone else you're too use to play against computer and people don't fight like them.

i just use the level 1 as a test dummy for combos and crap.

That is exactly how you're supposed to do it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:35 am
i pretty much fight my friends who are really good with certain characters. and i learn from their techniques on fighting on how i can avoid them and then counter. so ya i pretty much fight human challengers to improve.  

dante_sparta

DivineMaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:55 pm
Yah I train against a team of 3 level 9 characters and i chose sometimes faster character stronger characters and then i mix them but as of now i am so good lol its kinda boring i either want a better opponent or brawl to come out  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:00 pm
Tip: Train with level 1 computers. Seriously, if you want to home your skills with advanced techniques, fight level 1's. Fighting level 9's will build up bad habbits. I dont feel like explaining, just trust me.

Oh, and don't use items. Ever.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Sio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:43 pm
Best way to practice? Play against level one computers to learn new combos and techniques, then call up a friend or something and try to implement it into your game against them.  
Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff