Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
:: Ily's Roost -Check the NOOZ for secret plotting! >:D :: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chupi the Terrible

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:08 pm
Well, some racism was based more on fact. XP For example, in older times watermellons were commonly bought by the poorer blacks as a special treat for their kids, because it's a delicious and expensive fruit that contains a lot of water while remaining rather crisp while fresh. (It was mainly bought in the hot summers.) But the same could be said about poorer individuals in America in general, blacks just happened to have the most people in poverty in certain areas. But yeah, people make too many generalizations based on individuals. @_@ I mean, there are people who seem to think all snakes are violant simply because one bit them when they were a kid.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:15 pm
20k to the birdgirl.  

Selene Aries

Mimblex

Clean Pal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:04 pm
Diana Vulpes
20k to the birdgirl.

Owh yay! :'D Man, I haven't been on that quest page in forever... I *am* just recovering from a long Gaia-hiatus from many months ago, so I did leave some loose ends lying about... I did say on there that any donation over 10k gets avatar art, but I haven't drawn any humans in foreverrr~ XD So goodness. Ily is befuddled.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:13 pm
Fursona art?  

Chupi the Terrible

Mimblex

Clean Pal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:26 pm
True dat. The only thing I'm otherwise concerned with is my quest page blatantly saying "AVI ART LOL" all over it, when I don't want to draw humans. Heck, I'll draw YOUR fursona, Diana, I just need to kick around the quest page a bit. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:49 pm
'Aaayy, Chupi, you're the lizard man. Do you know of any lizard species that readily eats fruit as a native food source? I have a whole slew of fruit-themed characters that I've been working on, and I wanted to throw a reptile into the mix. D: I know tortoises do, but I've never been too fond of shelled-anthros~ Sadly, the only rule I have to this collection is that each of the characters' species has to have fruit in their non-captive diet. Kind of limits things. ;;  

Mimblex

Clean Pal

Chupi the Terrible

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:30 pm
Water dragons and various other omnivorous lizards will eat fruit that falls out of trees. (And berries.) And green iguanas are naturally herbivorous with the exception of the fact that in the wild babies will eat the adults' fecal matter to colonize their intestines with the proper bacterea, but I don't think they eat much fruit naturally.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:35 pm
Wonderful, thank you! Once you mentioned iguanas, I recalled that the same neighbor that had the other horned lizard also had an iguana, and it ate fruit bits... Man, I like water dragons and iguanas. Looks like I can have more than one lizard in my slew. <3  

Mimblex

Clean Pal

Chupi the Terrible

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 pm
Ya know my suggestion when it comes to water dragons? Go Aussie! >_> Everybody knows of the Chinese/Asian/greens, but never the easterns/Australians/browns. (Schizo's one, but he's a literal midget. XP Other than that the vets say he's perfectly healthy and even has a nice coloration, but he's five and still only about a foot long with a three inch body, and his shape is still that of a baby.)
Schizo 1
Schizo 2
Schizo 3
Schizo 4
Schizo 5

... And for the sake of posting it, this would be Morgan. (You may notice a bit of discoloration on Morgan's inner elbow. That's basically a scar from when she broke her leg while young falling off her branch and landing on a rock that was cage decoration. It's because of that I've changed around the kind of environment her cage has in it rather drastically to have less falls and less hard objects to get hurt on.)

EDIT: All those pictures are rather old, but meh... And here's some other Aussies.
Babies
Female 1 (Wait, this is a male. >_O Red chest. ... He's a somewhat femme male, though. XP)
Male 1
Female 2
Female 3
Male 2
Male 3  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:13 pm
DOOD, the Australian ones have wicked markings! D8 *did a google search* Heck yes I'm going with that species. I think the dull colors would look nice with a pineapple theme, yellows and greens splashed in~ Mmm. Froot. Froot and lizards. ♥ *drool*
[edit] ah, but the males have red chests! *plots over other fruit varieties*
...Damn I have strange hobbies. XD  

Mimblex

Clean Pal

Chupi the Terrible

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:18 pm
Some nice things about Aussies as pets... They get bigger, they're a lot more resilliant to environmental variables, (The guy at Agama International claims his group actually just dug into the ground and hibernated under a foot of snow one bad winter where he expected to lose everything.) and though they're slightly harder to get friendly with people, they're more friendly with each other than the Asian ones. It's because of environmental factors in their natural habitat, though. There isn't as much water and they'll often form little colonies along riverbeds and ponds/lakes, so males will more readily tolerate each other and even get along if given proper space.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:23 pm
Ah, but you see, I don't want human art. ninja I was actually going to ask if it was alright if I could just get my fursonas all dressed up in my Gaia outfits.  

Selene Aries

Mimblex

Clean Pal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:10 pm
Diana Vulpes
Ah, but you see, I don't want human art. ninja I was actually going to ask if it was alright if I could just get my fursonas all dressed up in my Gaia outfits.

Blee~ Sorry for being away for a while. :'3 Been working on bookmarks and badges and other things, plus just wandering about occasionally. Soo~ since you used two different accounts to donate, you want two art things, eh? XD ~ That's a bit sneaky. But it's all good I guess, just know that I'm working on a lot of art projects at once right now. ;; Do you have any character refs up anywhere, and links to the gaia outfits you want them in?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:49 am
There was no intentional deceit. sweatdrop Sorry it if seems that why and I am always willing to pay more if needed.

As for my characters;

Quote:
Name: Artemis Vulpes
Age in appearance: Mid-20’s
Species: Anthro- Black Fox
Height: 5’2”
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: White
Hair Style: Short hair on the back and sides with long bangs hanging down on either side of the face.
Fur color: Black covers entire body and face with a white tipped tail and ears.
Body type: Short and stout with broad shouldered and chest, strong muscle tone and while not the trimmest of stomach, is not fat.
Distinguishing features: Scar across right eye and brow.

Quote:

Name: Diana Vulpes
Species: Anthro- Silver Fox
Height: 5’1”
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Golden Blond
Hair Style: Straight and long that flows down close to her waist and over her shoulders.
Fur color: Dark Silver/gray covering most of the body and face, tail tipped navy blue, lighter gray on inside of thighs.
Body type: Build is generally strong while maintaining an average body type and distinct feminine figure, breasts cup-size about 36 B with strong thighs.
Distinguishing features: Two pairs of feathery wings, the first on the back while the second, smaller, set are just behind ears. Both sets silver in color, like fur with, navy blue tips.

Both wearing the Gaia items that are seen on the respective accounts.

Selene Aries

Mimblex

Clean Pal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:51 pm
LOL UPDATED. <3 It's raining outside, too. It is a good day. heart
So yaah~ I'm taking sketch commissions now for Gaia monies, as well as pimpin' my badass bookmarks. Srsly guys. Get one. They're ridiculously awesome, and useful to boot!

As for your half-shots, Diana, all seems good and well, and I'll get to those ASAP. I've got a list of art things to do, so it's rollin' along, as I'm devoting today to getting some things done. 3nodding Ily is happy to draw~ *makes tea*  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff