Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Oh My Guilty Little Pleasures! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you are jamming out to mainstream music/rap/pop and someone walks in you would.....
  Snap off the radio and stand akwardly
  Continue Dancing
  Ask them to join you
  Change the station--quick!/Try to play it off
  THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME!
  Veronica's Option
View Results

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:58 pm
I really love dance music, but some of my friends don't think I should. I'm not usually into rap and hip-hop, but some songs I can't help loving: my biggest guilty pleasure is that I like to watch R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" series.

I also listen to Christian Rock. Some of my friends avoid things affiliated with Christianity (which sucked for them when they find out Switchfoot was CR) and I don't understand why they give things up for such a stupid reason.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:12 am
twilightrosegarden
Reading the thread "Morbid Fascination" I got to thinking, I don't have any morbid fascinations, but I DO have a few guilty pleasures. While these (unlike morbid fascinations) are socially acceptable, they aren't exactly fitting in with the alternative/badass lifestyle of mine. So Triple-G, what are your guilty little pleasures? Things you do behind lock doors and hide as soon as someone walks in? Mine are:

Rap and pop Music (*gasp*)
Crafts and Baking (snaps O.O)
And.........I LIKE the color pink (OMG! GTFO)

oh I'm still a rocker, but sometimes I like to devulge in mainstream behaviors. And you?

i dont care!!
as long as I like it..then its ok!  

Shadow Nightshade

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:02 pm
Well, I like chick flicks. Mostly stuff on Lifetime, WE, and Oxygen...I read Seventeen magazine...I like gardening and flowers...Kitties...Sewing...YAOI!!!!!...Rascal Flatts...Butterflies...Cooking...And I can't think of anything else right now...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:53 pm
slipknotrulesmylife
Well, I like chick flicks. Mostly stuff on Lifetime, WE, and Oxygen...I read Seventeen magazine...I like gardening and flowers...Kitties...Sewing...YAOI!!!!!...Rascal Flatts...Butterflies...Cooking...And I can't think of anything else right now...
I love oxygen network. My series are: Fight Girls and Bridezillas  

Rose Patterned Twil

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:18 am
I have a theory that no matter how morbid, and dark you are, every person, even the darkest of goths has an obsession with REALLY cute things!!! And even the preps have to have at least a few dark obsessions...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:28 pm
slipknotrulesmylife

Yaoi! I knew I forgot something! 4laugh Whoo!  

Draydrigo

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75

Exodus2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:00 pm
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
I have a theory that no matter how morbid, and dark you are, every person, even the darkest of goths has an obsession with REALLY cute things!!! And even the preps have to have at least a few dark obsessions...

OMFG, its ******** scary how sick and twisted some preps can be, all becuase of the self repression  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:42 am
o.O Y u k i O.o
i love aqua and dance to it all the time, i love fluffy thigns and some pink things (in moderation) and baking and gardening are effing great, also i love pioneer village and i want to someday work there as the butter churner haha

Ah, yes, Aqua... They're rather nice.
But that's what people expect when you say you listen to a variety, mainly consisting of metal and dance music.

And then you put in a mix CD, and after Dragula, suddenly Cascada starts belting out "Neverending Dream" and this evil look of "you damn poser".
The lyrics make me think of Call of Cthullu...

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:47 am
Continue dancing ftw.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:06 am
Chocaholic Beverage
I dislike any mainstream music. There are a few exceptions, of course. Mainstream music is just an empty shell of rhyming words that has no meaning whatsoever.

Here Here! and every single song has almost the exast same rythem, its not worth listening to!  

Rebel of Sanity

Rose Patterned Twil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:41 pm
I've decided that Sir Mix-a-lot's Big Butts song is a very common guilty pleasure. Once at a party we were dancing to a mix tape with J-rock, manson, Korn, and then That song came on.

Everyone stopped, stood akwardly for a second, and then continued dancing with renewed vigor. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:05 pm
Hmmm...

I guess it would be that I really do enjoy classic rock... and the beat of an oldschool hip-hop song kinda gets me wanting to dance...

but.... hmm... other stuffs...

I am a video game addict... and a sugarholic...

I watch the evil TELEVISION!

I get rides in my mother's car... and we don't have a hybrid... T.T (this makes me very ashamed)

I play popular video games...

I like nightwish... alot... alot alot... more than bauhaus alot...  

Bloody Loon

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:51 pm
twilightrosegarden
I've decided that Sir Mix-a-lot's Big Butts song is a very common guilty pleasure. Once at a party we were dancing to a mix tape with J-rock, manson, Korn, and then That song came on.

Everyone stopped, stood akwardly for a second, and then continued dancing with renewed vigor. xd

I love you XD

(Even white boys gotta shout)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 pm
O.O I listen to carrie underwood straighten my hair and wear lip gloss. I also like to bake and my dream is to be a nurse.  

XxParalyzing_silencexX

Bloody_Vampire_Heart666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:05 am
my guilty pleashers is
1) dance to music infront of my mirror
2) doing crafts
3) i can't tell you it's to personal  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash