Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:04 pm
Flamer42
The ability to use the force is rather difficult no matter who or what you are. It could be genetic but they still have to consiously raise the bubble.

or even sub-conciously, which still makes them semi-sentinent  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:56 am
jedi_master_tenku
Also, about Qui Gon dying...
Correct me if I'm remembering wrong (it's been a while since I watched Episode I), but didn't Maul stab him through the abdomen? As far as I know, there is nothing vital to life right down there. At least, not anything that would kill you in a matter of minutes. In real life, a stab there might make you loose enough blood to die, but the lightsaber instantly cauterized that, so no blood-loss.
So how did Qui Gon die so fast from that wound?

cuz darth maul had wanted him dead 3nodding

if thats not reason enough, u saw what a lightsaber stabbing did to the blast doors in the beginning...

shocktv3

Flamer42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:59 am
That is true....I am sure that the energy the blade puts off also afected other areas in the body than just were he was stabbed.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:00 am
*high fives flamer42* xd  

shocktv3

Flamer42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:02 am
*High fives shocktv3 back* biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:29 pm
Mmm... But if we look at, say, when Luke's hand gets cut off, there is no melting of the flesh beyond the stump. And likewise when Luke slices off Vader's hand, the circuitry is still sparking and the parts are still partially recognizable, meaning the heat from the saber didn't do enough to melt the whole thing. And if you think about it, if the lightsaber gave off enough heat to melt the probably incredibly strong shielded doors Qui Gon was cutting through, it would more than give off enough heat to fry Qui Gon's hand in the process. I think that was there for show, and Lucas didn't consider the science of it when he made that particular scene.  

jedi_master_tenku

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:45 pm
well, if somehow the blade was applied at an angle..

but you are forgetting that where the stab was only one vital organ could be there:

the Diaphram. Without it, Qui-gon couldn't breathe, at all..

oh, Godzilla got a star on the Hollywood walk of fame today!

BOOYAH!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:57 pm
You don't breathe with your diaphram. There's a muscle the moves the diaphram... dun remember what it's called...  

Lady Zombie Robot

Swashbuckling Pirate

9,500 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:12 pm
SynysterDemise
You don't breathe with your diaphram. There's a muscle the moves the diaphram... dun remember what it's called...

it is all attached to the diaphram... and plus, if you stab the diaphram, no vaccum is created to make the lungs expand with air and thus no breathing anyways.

You cannot live more than 3 minutes without a diaphram, and that is being generous. You would have to be put in an iron lung for the rest of your life anyways...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:46 pm
when parts were sliced off in the original trilogy, there was only a split second contact between the lightsaber & the slicee... with the stab of the blast doors & the late qui-gon jinn, there was continuous contact with the extreme heat of the blade.

in the case of the jedi knight, the saber wasnt inside him as long as it was in the doors, that could explain why he dint totally melt into a puddle.

.. .or maybe george lucas had the heart to just not show us that gonk

shocktv3

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:11 pm
Okay, first off, Qui-GOn didnt die instantly if you remember

secondly..t he movies are rated PG, they cant show a Jedi in a pool of blood  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 pm
surprised  

shocktv3

Flamer42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 pm
...It could have caused internal problems. Think about it. Those doors were melted starting at the inside and then worked its way out at a certain radius. The head was simple transfering to the next molecule in the line causing it to get a vast amount of energy very quickly. Hence your severly damaged door. Now the human body is no metal door so it would take much less time to destroy the internal organs of human through heat transfer. Luke did not have a saber stuck in his hand it simply got cut off. Qui-Gon however had it stuck there for a bit longer. In my view of things that could cause significant damage to internal organs.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:19 pm
lets just face it, he died cuz darth maul just wanted him to 3nodding  

shocktv3

Flamer42

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:21 pm
That would be a good part of it.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers