Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:25 pm
"You're lying through your teeth, but that's okay. It'll make you feel better when your guilt nags at you." Asuka finished up and drained the water onto her plants, sighing. "Could you at least have someone check on this place every week or so?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:34 pm
"I won't feel guilty." Seto replied, drying the rest of the dishes. "I can have someone come and check on it. Would you like to go with that person when the time comes?" he asked, trying to be courteous as he basically plucked the woman out of her own home.  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:46 pm
Asuka thought this over for a few seconds. "No. It wouldn't feel right. Besides, you'd be worried out of your head if I left in any presence but yours."
She smiled. "Don't worry, you're not that transparent, I'm just that good. Something to do with growing up with nothing to do but learn old ways and watch people interact with each other."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:29 pm
Seto had to admit, the woman was good. She had nailed it on the spot what he was really thinking about the situation. "I see," he replied. "Do you have any belongings that you're going to take with you?"  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:24 am
"My clothes, but that's about it." Asuka looked around. "Oh, and if you do start thinking about killing me, could you please be intelligent about it and not poetic? People often trade one for the other."
She put her clothes into a knapsack that looked like it was made of flax or some such, mostly because it had been made by hand, and slung it over her shoulder. "Just give me a few more minutes to say good bye first."
She went out to the end of her small garden and sent a paper boat with a candle lit inside out into the pond. "It may not be Oban... but I may not be back."
She stood watching it, half wondering if Seto was going to come after her.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:33 pm
Seto watched Asuka with a raised eyebrow, having not dreamed of killing her. He might have wanted to kill people a lot of the time, but he didn't really want to actually kill them. When she went out into the garden, his curiousity got the better of him and he followed. "Oban... was that her name?" he asked, feeling a little guilty about taking her away from such a place.  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:24 am
((I can see how that might be confusing... since Seto probably wouldn't celebrate or even mark Oban, I'll let Asuka do the talking.))

"No. You know, I'm starting to think you don't have half a clue when it comes to Japanese life, even though you've grown up here. Oban is a holiday to honour your dead ancestors. It's also when everyone takes work off to go get the latest Dragon Quest or manga or whatever, but I actually celebrate. I won't be back to do it properly here anymore, that's all." Asuka didn't look up. She was watching the paper boat. as it made it's lonely journey to the bottom of the small pond with it's predecessors. "That candle is for my mother and my brother and the woman who lived here, because I can't afford more that one to send on a journey like this, even though I should have three."
"Anyway, we should go. You're probably anxious to get me somewhere where there are modern 'comforts' and things." Asuka stood.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:40 pm
Seto looked at Asuka calmly. "If you had lived with your father, you probably wouldn't know either." He knew that he was completely ignorant of some things, but that was because he was stuck inside all day learning about the company instead of the traditional Japanese heritage that didn't have a monetary value. A holiday to honor your dead ancestors, eh? he thought to himself as he made a mental note of the holiday himself. He'd be sure to remember it, so that he and Mokuba could celebrate it as well. The two of them had always wondered how they could do it, but they really didn't know how, until now. "You can take your time with this," he said, he too watching the boat. So maybe she had hit a soft spot.  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 am
Asuka watched the boat passively until it finally sank and the little candle went out in the water. She mulled over what he had said and knew he was right. He would have only learned what was necessary for business. She sighed. "Well, shall we? I haven't been there in years."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:19 pm
Seto nodded, and spoke a few words into his communicator located inside the emblem of his jacket. Seto began to make his way to the front of the house to wait for the limo that would soon be arriving to pick them both up. As he did so, he took a few glances back at the pond that the candle and paper boat had sunk into.  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:27 am
Asuka didn't notice this behaviour, she was too busy noticing the people who were staring. She rarely left her house, and to leave in the company of someone as important as Kaiba Seto was apparently to much for some of the passers by.
'Stupid sheeple, you'd think they'd never seen me before...' Asuka thought.

((Sheeple is what Asuka uses to refer to the average person on the street.))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:31 am
Seto, who was used to the stares, simply ignored them as the limo pulled up to them in the front of the house. He opened the door for her, saying, "Ladies first," as he did so. He wondered fleetingly what Mokuba would make of Asuka living with them, especially since it was quite sudden.  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:58 pm
Asuka got into the limo. She'd never ridden in one before, and only been in a car once. Technically it had been twice, since she could remember ridding in the back of a pick-up truck, but that didn't count in her mind, since she had been hiding under the tarp to get to the house she was leaving in some sort of safety.
It was different, on plush leather seats and in airconditioning. She'd never dealt with anything like it before, and was finding it comfortable in an odd sort of way. She would have relaxed, except Seto was there and she couldn't relax around him, until she was sure that he wasn't dangerous.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:29 pm
Seto got in after Asuka, shutting the door behind them both. He glanced over at Asuka, seeing that she had her guard up. He smirked and said to her, "I don't bite... much," he began. "I won't kill you. If I wanted to do anything to you, I want it to be something that you have to live with, that makes it even worse." He looked away from her, still wondering what Mokuba would say.  

Rayne Destiny

Dapper Businesswoman

Fyerluna
Crew

Dapper Explorer

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:57 am
To Asuka, that sounded extremely familiar. She thought back to listening to her brother''s lectures, and her own, and could hear almost those same words ringing in her head.
"If you''re going to do something to someone, don''t kill them. Make it stick, make them suffer for it. If you''re going to do something, make it something they have to live with. That way it will hurt them more and a broken man is a desperate man."
She stiffened just a bit, worried about what might happen now, but knowing it was too late to do anything about it.  
The Official Kaiba Seto Guild Roleplaying Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff