Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:
x__________How To Spot A Hacker/Scammer Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+1

View Results

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:30 pm
well i have two different things happen to me on two different accounts.

1.on geisha princess i clicked on a link that a hacker had on his profile trying to see what it lead and it brought me back to home page and i lost my account that way.

2.on a mule account i got the pm from someone claiming to be a mod and asked me for my passwords and things and then they took that account from me that way.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:32 pm
Arashiyama Kisaki
It hurts to think people could be as stupid as to answer to a PM like that... sweatdrop
are you calling me stupid? thats not very nice . i was trying to help someone else at the time that i was cheated ! you need to think before you say something sweetheart. not all people know what to do and in my case i didnt read the pm clearly as i should have.  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iADDY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:03 pm
I have gotten so many of those..its funny.. I like to send them a message back and tell them fake pass.

And who asks for your user name..hello? They most have sent you the message somehow...so why ask it?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:14 pm
blackcat73
Arashiyama Kisaki
It hurts to think people could be as stupid as to answer to a PM like that... sweatdrop
are you calling me stupid? thats not very nice . i was trying to help someone else at the time that i was cheated ! you need to think before you say something sweetheart. not all people know what to do and in my case i didnt read the pm clearly as i should have.

ya I agree with you.. I almost fell for it.. But i asked some people and they told me it was a hacker thingy. So you shouldn't call people stupid, I will laugh when it happens to you if you ever fall for it.  

iADDY

Angel of Evernight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:30 pm
i havent gotten a hacker pm yet, but i have gotten a spam pm saying i could buy 500 gaia gold for 75$ U.S, and all these other cheats for other sites and games. i reported them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:06 am
i was hacked >.<
(ive been on since 03)  

serentiy2

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:34 pm
my geisha princess account would have been 4 years old this october 25th  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:04 pm
I have 2 people I want EVERYONE to put on their ignore list:

SilverWingedManager
&
ToS - Forums report

Kagome-chan_InuYasha

7,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:17 pm
have you reported those two people yet? thats what you should be doing ...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:43 am
this is one that i got recently:

User Image

i had a good laugh & reported it. and laughed some more.  

aryal_glorious

Demonic Smoker

Rargon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:37 pm
Yaeka-Sama
I've gotten plenty of messages during my time on Gaia that all were like this:

a-dmi-n
I'm sorry to inform you but your account has been brought to our attention,the mods of gaiaonline. Your account has been reported and needs to be investigated with further information. Like any other Gaia Moderator, we do not want to ban any account for no reason so we just want to help some innocent people out. You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account. Please fill out the information requested. If you do not fill out the information requested immediatley your acount will result in a Perma-Ban.
USERNAME
PASSWORD
E-MAIL ADDRESS
Once your account has been verified that its free of faults, your e-mail provider will be notified when your account is done investigation. We thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
The mods of Gaia

Don't bother talking to them. Report them right away. Admins NEVER ask for your passwords and never will. It's been said many times in the announcements and I believe I've seen a notice above PMs that Admins will never ask for your passwords.

Report them right away if you EVER get a message like this.

Also, if you've ever gotten a message like this, go ahead and post it up here and give your own warning comments to others that have never gotten one or aren't aware of this kind of trouble.
He's right.I got the same message twice from the same girl who asked me to the the same exact thing Yaeka-Sama put.To spot a hacker just check their Username,if it's colored green then it's urgent,anything but blue is urgent. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:51 pm
Also Admins have name and like for example like Admin lead or somthing below that  

MasterMind45

clawofdragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:10 pm
I goy a PM from this guy once askin me to be his friend I said sure why not send the request through. I usually don't turn down friend request unless that person is really creepy or something. So he PM's me back sayin if I'm goin to be his friend than I have to have a cool profile and to give him my password so he can make it cool. I told him I wasn't born yesterday and that he was out of his bloody mind. I reported the PM after I told him off. Some people, I swear.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 pm
LOL
I heart heart LOVE heart heart heart getting those lol.
usually when I do. I enter some fake password and user name. Like Fu, or something. And why would they ask for your username?  

iADDY

welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces