Reply Super Smash Bros. Guild
If Mewtwo isnt in brawl... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talwar126

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:12 am
Well of course, but even Taj looks a little like he's just trying to bid his time and chip away at his opponent ever so slowly. He just Ninja Warps around and Tail Whips whenever possible.

The video I watched of him was kinda boring. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:22 pm
Talwar126
Well of course, but even Taj looks a little like he's just trying to bid his time and chip away at his opponent ever so slowly. He just Ninja Warps around and Tail Whips whenever possible.

Most vids are out of date, usually.

Watching him at FC was pretty cool. ^^ I think he took... 4th? Maybe as low as 6th? He was in the top ten, but not the top 3.

1st was Mew2King
2nd was PC Chris
3rd was ChuDat

Good tourney. I didn't compete. Just went for friendlies. I'm still kinda sad, cause my Ganon ditto with Eddie got cut short. sad Still played Gimpyfish though. ^^  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:25 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Talwar126

Watching him at FC was pretty cool. ^^ I think he took... 4th? Maybe as low as 6th? He was in the top ten, but not the top 3.

1st was Mew2King
2nd was PC Chris
3rd was ChuDat

Good tourney. I didn't compete. Just went for friendlies. I'm still kinda sad, cause my Ganon ditto with Eddie got cut short. sad Still played Gimpyfish though. ^^

My hero didn't take first? Noooooo.... xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 pm
Melomaniacal
SilentBlackTiger
Talwar126

1st was Mew2King
2nd was PC Chris
3rd was ChuDat

No, Mew2King was a d-bag and d the competition.

That guys really stuck up. I didn't care for him.

Gimpyfish is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet though.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Sledgehammer92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:56 am
I wouldn't really care if Mewtwo made it back in brawl. I just hope that a character I like (like Sonic for example) gets into Brawl. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:19 pm
Talwar126
NachoDude
Shiek wouldn't make sense anyway since he/she is only in one game...

Game & Watch was only in one game. Ice Climbers were only in one game. Dr.Mario was only in one game. You never even really SAW Captain Falcon throughout F-Zero, since he was just a driver. So that logic is debunked.

No character will be left behind. Not Shiek, and definitely not Mewtwo.
you do know that game and watch and dr. mario were in more than one game  

majinbee

Talwar126

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:30 pm
majinbee
Talwar126
NachoDude
Shiek wouldn't make sense anyway since he/she is only in one game...

Game & Watch was only in one game. Ice Climbers were only in one game. Dr.Mario was only in one game. You never even really SAW Captain Falcon throughout F-Zero, since he was just a driver. So that logic is debunked.

No character will be left behind. Not Shiek, and definitely not Mewtwo.
you do know that game and watch and dr. mario were in more than one game

Game & Watch was in a few of the handhelds, sure, but I really don't think he had a lot of notoriety in them across more than Japan. He was basically included as a throwback to Nintendo's roots.

And, again, you can't count ports or games in which Dr.Mario was bundled with as "more than one game." Dr. Mario is in Dr.Mario and only Dr. Mario. There was the Tertis & Dr.Mario bundle for SNES, The Puzzle Collection featuring Dr. Mario for Gamecube (which was only out in Japan), and the two iterations of Dr.Mario for the GBA. I do see Dr. Mario 64, though, and I'll give you that one. But even Dr. Mario 64 is just the NES version with a pretty new coat of paint.

But then you have two new examples, Pit was only in Kid Icarus and Ike was only in a single iteration of Fire Emblem so the logic is still debunked.

Though I would like to say, before anyone tries to correct me, that I was incorrect on my assumption of "no character left behind" since it has been confirmed that clones are to be removed or changed for their return to the next game. This makes me believe it possible that non-clone characters, such as Mewtwo, could be dropped. I don't think many will be, but I have to acknowledge that it is a possibility.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:16 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Melomaniacal
SilentBlackTiger
Talwar126

1st was Mew2King
2nd was PC Chris
3rd was ChuDat

No, Mew2King was a d-bag and d the competition.

That guys really stuck up. I didn't care for him.

Gimpyfish is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet though.

Did you talk to Chudat? I haven't had a chance to play with him yet... once I get my drivers license... one of these days. I heard he's nice but can be a bit cocky.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:10 pm
[quote="Talwar126
But then you have two new examples, Pit was only in Kid Icarus and Ike was only in a single iteration of Fire Emblem so the logic is still debunked.

Correction; Ike has only been in one game released to date; He's in the new Fire Emblem as well, one of the only FE characters with a reoccuring(?) role.

Melo: No, I didn't get a chance to. Saw him Wobble somebody though. xd Very mixed reactions to that. A lot of boo-ing, a lot of cheering too.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:08 pm
SilentBlackTiger
[quote="Talwar126

Correction; Ike has only been in one game released to date; He's in the new Fire Emblem as well, one of the only FE characters with a reoccuring(?) role.

Melo: No, I didn't get a chance to. Saw him Wobble somebody though. xd Very mixed reactions to that. A lot of boo-ing, a lot of cheering too.
It was legal in that tournament? It's almost always banned. People really don't like wobbling, and I understand why. Chudat honestly doesn't even really need to wobble, taking his amazing chain grab skills into consideration.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:35 pm
Melomaniacal

It was legal in that tournament? It's almost always banned. People really don't like wobbling, and I understand why. Chudat honestly doesn't even really need to wobble, taking his amazing chain grab skills into consideration.

It was certainly banned after that. xd

I'm not quite sure what the circumstances were, but I know he wobbled in tournament play, and did it a lot during friendlies.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:05 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Melomaniacal

I'm not quite sure what the circumstances were, but I know he wobbled in tournament play, and did it a lot during friendlies.

I only use it in friendlies, mostly as a joke. I like to start wobbling and start talking to my opponent. Something like this:

Melo begins wobbling.
"Yeah, Ice Climbers are so mid tier. I mean, they aren't half as good as any of the higher tier characters. Oh well."
Melo finishes his opponent off.

It's really funny, especially when they get all pissed. It's great when you do it to people who don't know what it is. They handle it fine for about 5 seconds, then they're all like "...DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I GET OUT, THIS IS BULL!"

Ah... Ice Climber mechanics FTW.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:19 am
Melomaniacal
SilentBlackTiger
Melomaniacal

I only use it in friendlies, mostly as a joke. I like to start wobbling and start talking to my opponent. Something like this:

Melo begins wobbling.
"Yeah, Ice Climbers are so mid tier. I mean, they aren't half as good as any of the higher tier characters. Oh well."
Melo finishes his opponent off.

It's really funny, especially when they get all pissed. It's great when you do it to people who don't know what it is. They handle it fine for about 5 seconds, then they're all like "...DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I GET OUT, THIS IS BULL!"

Ah... Ice Climber mechanics FTW.

Indeed; Much like how I enjoy chain grabbing Sheiks and Falcons who know nothing of DI. You shouldn't be able to chain grab a Falcon to death.

I also enjoy stomping multiple times in a row. I'll get a vid of that up soon, I promise. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:21 pm
I think Mewtwo will still be in it because one he's not a cloine of anybody and second he's a badass  

greendante

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:31 pm
greendante
I think Mewtwo will still be in it because one he's not a cloine of anybody and second he's a badass

But he sucks in melee. Didn't you get the memo?  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff