Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 pm
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks so much! <3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:24 am
To magna - Random rogue breedings will pretty much ALWAYS be the same species as the mother. I think the only exception is fertile hybrid females - I'm not entirely sure how that works, though xd ;; But for a lioness to have cheetons or leopons, she HAS to have a fling with an existing leopard or cheetah.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Sunlit.rains

Shameless Fairy

14,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:01 pm
At the risk of sounding stupid, what does U'W stand for?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm
It's not stupid. xD

And it's just an abbreviation for one of the prides - Ukuucha'Wafalme.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Sunlit.rains

Shameless Fairy

14,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm
Thank you! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 am
This may just be a rumor, so I'd like to get a confirmation one way or the other... I heard that if you haven't received any cubs from your lion yet, you can potentially own two cubs out of one breeding : the freebie, and a custom in. Is this true?  

Jikde Bonyac

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 am
If you decide to custom in the same time you're keeping one free one, yes, it's possible.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Question. I've noticed people creating 'families' from SoA that don't have parent info and such, and these can be used for throwbacks. If a SoA were to be the child of a god/ess, even if they aren't from a shop breeding/litter, just meant to be that god/ess' offspring for plotting reasons, would they be considered Seers, or do they still need to be rolled?

Being their offspring as in, customed but the god/ess' biological child (not adopted). So not rolled through a breeding, just having been created as an already adult member of the family.

zephira738

Timid Hunter

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm
I have a question about Rogue Hybrid breedings.

Say, I bred a leotah female to a rogue male. Would she breed with a male leotah? And if that was the case, would she birth leotahs, or would the rolled cubs be a mix of leopards/cheetahs/leotahs?

I know I can custom in full breeds to hybrid x hybrid (same hybrid) litters, but I wasn't sure what would happen to the rolled cubs?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 am
zephira738

Question. I've noticed people creating 'families' from SoA that don't have parent info and such, and these can be used for throwbacks. If a SoA were to be the child of a god/ess, even if they aren't from a shop breeding/litter, just meant to be that god/ess' offspring for plotting reasons, would they be considered Seers, or do they still need to be rolled?

Being their offspring as in, customed but the god/ess' biological child (not adopted). So not rolled through a breeding, just having been created as an already adult member of the family.

As far as I've seen, so long as you have the permission of the god/dess owner, they would be considered seers. An example that I know of for this would be Kitsune Mistress Nyoko and Das Tor's Muscail and Codail. Both were customed as adults, and permission was received from Dark Fire Angel for them to be mortal daughters of Audilifu, Goddess of Truth.  

Truth.Be.Told

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 am

@Zephira,
I'm not sure about the throwbacks part...as far as I know, in order to be used for throwbacks, it has to be an actual existing SoA.
Like, a custom concept couldn't be used for throwbacks unless you were customing into a litter and it was part of your concept.
The second part is a yes--if you have a SoA and want it to be -blank- god's offspring,
as long as you have the full permission of the god owner, then it can be considered offspring or whatever relatives was approved.
Just be sure to get the full permission and cert change so that it can be official. :>

@Velve,
I'm pretty sure that when it comes to fertile hybrids who rogue breed, their offspring could be whatever the
reg species hybrid is mixed with, or the same hybrid species as the parent.

(Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:17 am
Velvet: I've done one rogue hybrid breeding before. The mother was a leotah and the father was a cheetah (I chose it). So they produced two leotahs and one cheetah (that was customed into the litter).

The rogue father can be any species that can breed with the mother. This thread, Breeding Information has a section about what are all the possibilities of hybrid breedings. In the case that the breeding can produce regular SoAs, the custom can either be a hybrid or a regular, like in the case of the breeding that I did. If there are regular SoAs in the hybrid litter, they of course, cannot produce hybrids themselves unless they breed with another species. If the custom is a hybrid, it follows all the rules for a custom (i.e. longer wait till next custom).

Zephira: If you have a random rogue lion and wish for it to be the offspring of an existing god/dess, and get permission from the god owner for this, then no, your lion does not need to be rolled for a seer. But, it has to be direct offspring, like the son/daughter not grandson/granddaughter of the existing god for this to count. You will, of course, make a post in the Seer's thread as well as get the parent information updated on the cert.

Some people have done this, and if you get permission to use the god/dess as a mother or father, then yes, you can use that god/dess's image as a throwback. The only way you cannot is if the god/dess gets reborn, you cannot use the new image, only the old image.

Kireiryuu

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:03 pm

Okay, that really helps a lot. Thanks you guys <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:05 pm
I'm not exactly a newbie, but I recently have become confused by something. I had understood, per the breedings information thread, that a 10 post rp was an acceptable, complete rp for breeding. But I just noticed that at least one colorist, in their breeding thread, requires at least seven posts per character, preferably a total of fifteen posts. Now, if I'd known 10 posts wasn't acceptable across the board, I'd have kept that in mind when doing my rps. However, everyone I've rp'd with has also seemed to accept 10 posts as complete.

So I was wondering... is this incorrect, and colorists can require more than 10 posts per rp for their breeding slots? If so, could this maybe be noted in the breeding info thread, please? It seems everyone (that I rp with) consideres 10 posts the safe assmption currently.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

lilmissy4205

Lonely Browser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 am
Oldbie returning and with a new name. Since I've had several name changes and I believe my two SoAs are Mila Ferrall, would I still use certing thread for Departed or Inactive Colorists?  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games