Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ OPEN 2063-2064 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Katara Katana
User Image

Ariya Denari

Ariya looked around the large hall curiously. It made her slightly nervous that there were already so many people in the hall, including the teachers. She examined the ceiling . . . It must have been enchanted to be that way. She glanced briefly at the various tables, before fixing her eyes on the talking hat, wondering how on Earth it would work.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm intelligent and knowledgeable, and dislike when fights go on for too long. I’m stubborn and talkative, and I fight what I want, what I believe in. I don’t pick a lot of fights, but I’ll lash out if I feel threatened.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya removed the Sorting Hat from the girl's head and directed her to the Ravenclaw table, then called the next name on the list. "Ariya Denari!" Once the girl was seated, she placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

You have a dark past
a lot of suffering.
The house that would best serve you,
where your potential would best explode is...
Slytherin!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:56 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ESTELLA "STELLA" FORSYTH

Stella was excited as she waited her turn to be called for the Sorting Hat. She REALLY hoped she got Ravenclaw. She was confident, but worried the hat might make a mistake. She had read before that it had; one of the friends of Harry Potter, Snape, was put in Slytherin even though many who knew him thought he fit Gryffindor better. And Peter Pettigrew, who betrayed the Potters, was a Gryffindor despite being not the least bit brave.

She shared this with her sister Dora as they waited. "Only you, Stella," Dora said. "Only you would be thinking about your history books at a time like this."

Stella scoffed. "Well, it does give one reason to worry," she said. "It shows historical precedent for mistakes."

Dora rolled her eyes. "See, I'm not dead-set on one house like you are. I'll go where they put me. So I really don't care about... whatever 'precedent' means. I just hope wherever I go, they let me play some Quidditch."

"Oh come on," Stella replied - ignoring her sister's vocab ignorance, as she was used to it by now. "You know you'd be upset if you got Hufflepuff."

"I would be," Dora said. "But I won't. That hat will take one look into me and see all the kids I've beaten up over the years and know I'm not Hufflepuff material."

"You know, I've told you for years," Stella said, "you really need to cool it."

Dora smirked.

It wasn't long before they got to the F's. Naturally, Dora was first. She waved to her sister as she walked up to the hat. Stella nervously waved back. She thought it was likely she and her sister would not end up in the same house. Stella made friends easily and did not care either way, though it would be different, that's for sure.

Stella - People say, in a nutshell I'm: intelligent, and very confident in said intelligence. I love showing off my knowledge to the world, and learning as much as I can. I also am very extroverted and make friends easily, though I can be dismissive of and snobbish toward people who are less intelligent than I am - except my sister.
Dora - People say, in a nutshell, I'm: amazing at every sport I've tried, from Quidditch to Muggle football. I love adventures, and I'm known for getting into lots of trouble! I am extroverted like my sister, and even more snobbish. I can be incredibly mean to people I perceive as boring or annoying - unless they are cute boys, of course. wink

DORABELLA "DORA" FORSYTH

Sailor Tralfamadore

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:56 am

Sailor Tralfamadore

ESTELLA "STELLA" FORSYTH

Stella was excited as she waited her turn to be called for the Sorting Hat. She REALLY hoped she got Ravenclaw. She was confident, but worried the hat might make a mistake. She had read before that it had; one of the friends of Harry Potter, Snape, was put in Slytherin even though many who knew him thought he fit Gryffindor better. And Peter Pettigrew, who betrayed the Potters, was a Gryffindor despite being not the least bit brave.

She shared this with her sister Dora as they waited. "Only you, Stella," Dora said. "Only you would be thinking about your history books at a time like this."

Stella scoffed. "Well, it does give one reason to worry," she said. "It shows historical precedent for mistakes."

Dora rolled her eyes. "See, I'm not dead-set on one house like you are. I'll go where they put me. So I really don't care about... whatever 'precedent' means. I just hope wherever I go, they let me play some Quidditch."

"Oh come on," Stella replied - ignoring her sister's vocab ignorance, as she was used to it by now. "You know you'd be upset if you got Hufflepuff."

"I would be," Dora said. "But I won't. That hat will take one look into me and see all the kids I've beaten up over the years and know I'm not Hufflepuff material."

Dora smirked.

It wasn't long before they got to the F's. Naturally, Dora was first. She waved to her sister as she walked up to the hat. Stella nervously waved back. She thought it was likely she and her sister would not end up in the same house. Stella made friends easily and did not care either way, though it would be different, that's for sure.

Stella - People say, in a nutshell I'm: intelligent, and very confident in said intelligence. I love showing off my knowledge to the world, and learning as much as I can. I also am very extroverted and make friends easily, though I can be dismissive of and snobbish toward people who are less intelligent than I am - except my sister.
Dora - People say, in a nutshell, I'm: amazing at every sport I've tried, from Quidditch to Muggle football. I love adventures, and I'm known for getting into lots of trouble! I am extroverted like my sister, and even more snobbish. I can be incredibly mean to people I perceive as boring or annoying - unless they are cute boys, of course. wink

DORABELLA "DORA" FORSYTH

{Please post them in different posts. I won't Sort two in one post.}
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:00 pm

User Image

As the Great Hall doors opened Sissy could literally feel her heart stop beating. Just a few seconds ago she was ultimately determined, excited, more beyond belief. But seeing all the witches and wizards and magical entities and creations staring back at her she felt as if her life wasn't hers anymore. As if it wasn't Sissy who was in her body now, but some other type of girl, a girl who was ready to take on the wizarding world. A girl who realized she was a witch.
Sissy continued to walk with the rest of the first years, simultaneously listening to the Professor speak and looking out into this deep magical abyss of uncertainty that now would engulf her life.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm ambivalent, sharp, quiet, indifferent, an overachiever. Usually I'm defined as being distant, most people consider me a bit intimidating at first because it's hard for them to decide how I feel about them. My emotions aren’t shown so easily out in the open, a person isn’t able to tell how I feel by looking at my face. I’m considered opinionated though soft-spoken by those who’ve heard me talk about topics that I’ve felt passionate about. Those who are close to me realize though, once I open up to them I can be incredibly warm towards them. It’s limiting though, only people who I truly feel are to my standards intellectually as well as emotionally, do I let in my inner circle.

Sissy Suspiria

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

tarantaellegra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:13 pm

User Image
Alexendria Ethelwine

Alex looked around the crowd warily. She couldn't believe she lost her brother in all that nonsense. Hearing his name, he looked upon the sorting hat, and there he was, Blake. The smile she gave to him resembled those of a mother's. As if proud for her twin. Anxiously waiting, she fidgeted her thumbs, watching the others take their turn with the hat. Please let me be in the same house as my brother...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a complete nutter. Hopefully that's a good thing. I am usually polite and well mannered at first sight but once I get to know someone I am very friendly, giggly sort of person. I'm very passionate when it comes to music and the arts. In a situation with my brother and another girl, I tend to be very jealous, polite and well mannered person. I try to say the threats in the most polite way as possible. After all, my parents taught me to mind my manners. Hard-working and headstrong, I can also be intelligent at the things that peak my interest.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:23 pm

Sissy Suspiria
User Image

As the Great Hall doors opened Sissy could literally feel her heart stop beating. Just a few seconds ago she was ultimately determined, excited, more beyond belief. But seeing all the witches and wizards and magical entities and creations staring back at her she felt as if her life wasn't hers anymore. As if it wasn't Sissy who was in her body now, but some other type of girl, a girl who was ready to take on the wizarding world. A girl who realized she was a witch.
Sissy continued to walk with the rest of the first years, simultaneously listening to the Professor speak and looking out into this deep magical abyss of uncertainty that now would engulf her life.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm ambivalent, sharp, quiet, indifferent, an overachiever. Usually I'm defined as being distant, most people consider me a bit intimidating at first because it's hard for them to decide how I feel about them. My emotions aren’t shown so easily out in the open, a person isn’t able to tell how I feel by looking at my face. I’m considered opinionated though soft-spoken by those who’ve heard me talk about topics that I’ve felt passionate about. Those who are close to me realize though, once I open up to them I can be incredibly warm towards them. It’s limiting though, only people who I truly feel are to my standards intellectually as well as emotionally, do I let in my inner circle.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya removed the Sorting Hat from the girl's head and directed her to the Slytherin table, the called out the next name on the list. "Sissy Suspiria!" She instructed the girl to take a seat on the stool and placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Intelligent and well-defined,
you value intelligence above all.
Closed off to only a few,
make you perfect for...
Ravenclaw!

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:31 pm

L3GlT
User Image
Alexendria Ethelwine

Alex looked around the crowd warily. She couldn't believe she lost her brother in all that nonsense. Hearing his name, he looked upon the sorting hat, and there he was, Blake. The smile she gave to him resembled those of a mother's. As if proud for her twin. Anxiously waiting, she fidgeted her thumbs, watching the others take their turn with the hat. Please let me be in the same house as my brother...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a complete nutter. Hopefully that's a good thing. I am usually polite and well mannered at first sight but once I get to know someone I am very friendly, giggly sort of person. I'm very passionate when it comes to music and the arts. In a situation with my brother and another girl, I tend to be very jealous, polite and well mannered person. I try to say the threats in the most polite way as possible. After all, my parents taught me to mind my manners. Hard-working and headstrong, I can also be intelligent at the things that peak my interest.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya removed the Sorting Hat from the girl's head and directed her over to her House table, then looked through the list and called out the next name. "Alexandria Ethelwine!" She placed the Sorting Hat on the girl's head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Another Ethelwine?
You are like your brother,
however you have a passion for the arts.
That would make you perfect for Hufflepuff.
Ah, but you are headstrong and adventurous,
therefore, I shall place you into...
Gryffindor!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:18 pm

ESTELLA "STELLA" FORSYTH

Dora smirked.

Sailor Tralfamadore

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Sailor Tralfamadore

ESTELLA "STELLA" FORSYTH

Dora smirked.

User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan
Deputy Headmistress

Anya removed the Sorting Hat from the girl's head and directed her over to Gryffindor's table, then called the next name on the list. "Estella Forsyth!" Once the girl had taken her seat, Anya placed the Sorting Hat on her head.

User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

You are intelligent and proud of it,
that makes you good for Ravenclaw.
However, you are dismissive of others and snobby,
therefore you best suit the traits of...
Slytherin!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Sailor Tralfamadore

DORABELLA "DORA" FORSYTH

Dora didn't care much about where she was Sorted. Nerds like her sister could worry about who they would be hanging out with; Dora knew most of her housemates would be insufferable fools regardless. Yes, even if by some strange mistake she got in Ravenclaw with the so-called "smart" people. People with their heads in books and data could still be fools. It wasn't like all that stuff mattered for the real world. She never told Stella this, but that was how Dora honestly felt.

She walked confidently up to the Sorting Hat. She saw her sister was nervous for her, but Dora didn't feel that way. All she could think of was how ugly the hat was. Seriously, Dora thought to herself, they couldn't spazz this thing up every once in a few centuries?

Dora - People say, in a nutshell, I'm: amazing at every sport I've tried, from Quidditch to Muggle football. I love adventures, and I'm known for getting into lots of trouble! I am extroverted like my sister, and even more snobbish. I can be incredibly mean to people I perceive as boring or annoying - unless they are cute boys, of course.

You need to make two profiles, one for each student at the moment we only have a profile for Stella, Dora CANNOT be sorted until we have a profile for her.There is still time to have a profile approved and have her sorted before the new schoolyear.

~Dwolf

Feverw0lf

harrypotterpsycho

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:26 am

User Image
Madelynn (Madi) Bellastella
Madi was soo psyched when her name was called up to be sorted. Her mother had told her that a hat chose her house but didn't say it talked!! She thought it was the coolest thing ever!!!! The hat that looked age sol was placed upon her head and she waited anxiously to be sorted.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sociable, talented, and fun to be around. I get really defensive if someone is poking fun at my friends and the more people I know, the happier I am.

((OOC: Is this the right way to post to be sorted??))
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 182 183 184 185 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games