Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Aster Owena Cardell - 1st Year; No House

User Image
User Image
"Sometimes when I'm alone I wonder, is there a spell that I'm under, keeping me from seeing the real thing?"
User Image
Aster glanced at the boats for someone she could sit with. Blake explained earlier, before he dashed off, that the boats were magic-ed, and thus moved on their own. 'But still...' She thought, being
skeptical over the boy's assertion. 'what if the magic wears off or something attacks us...' The girl sighed and made her way to the edge of the lake, thinking about all of the studying she have to do catch up to her peers. 'There has to be a book for an introductory to Magic somewhere...' She thought, hopeful for it's existence. Aster heard someone call they had room in their boat, and made her way to the source of the voice. "Hello" She greeted, before getting in. Aster took a seat at the front of the craft, straighten out her skirt, and then said in a polite manner, adressing a red head (Archades). "I am Aster Cardell, and you are?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 pm
User Image

Jack looked over at him, not sure if it was concern that she was detecting in his voice. "Ma says that skirts are a man's way of trying to keep a woman down," she nodded, she noticed her thick Welsh accent for the first time in her life; she wasn't sure what was stranger: the fact that she was so far from home or the fact that there were so many English children around her. She realised that she probably sounded crazy and quickly added a little more to her sentence, "my legs are a bit cold. I should be fine once I'm in the castle though." She noticed Aster after she spoke to the group, "I'm Jack Rhodes."  

Lauraisawesomeobvs

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
User Image
Morvin Varren

Morvin glanced over when a boy tried to talk to him and examined him, but said nothing in response. Either he's a very dumb mudblood or an Ethelwine. The appearance... he sighed. Why did some pure-blood families have to disgrace the rest of them by being Muggle-lover or half-breed supporters. It sickened him to see full Wizards and Witches playing nice with Muggles and half-bloods. He looked down from Blake and back at the water. He watched his reflection in the moonlight and could swear it looked like his inner child was trying to escape. He smacked the surface of the water and crossed his arms over his chest, an angry look on his face.  
User Image
User Image

"yeah, but hopefully we won't be out here much longer," Jadyn sighed. He shivered slightly as the breeze picked up, brushing across the glossy surface of the lake, chilling it even further as it reached the boats. "So have any of you guys heard about the legend of the giant squid?" He changed the subject, grinning playfully. He wanted to distract from the cold.

Rechosia

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:11 pm
((Sorry other red-head and blonde not you, Laura... sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 pm
(haha, I couldn't tell. Sorry)  

Lauraisawesomeobvs

tarantaellegra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:13 pm
User Image
Ƀlake Ɇthelwine

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Blake warmed his hands by breathing on them, his breath visible in a small fog. Just then did he realize that he had brought gloves with him and he was stupid enough to not put them on. Taking them out of the pocket of his robes, he put them hastily onto each hand. They barely helped but it was something to trap the heat in. Blake's head tilted to his side in puzzlement, not clearly understanding at Jack's quote. Turning to Jadyn, a small smile played his lips. "Perhaps. Care to illuminate us on the subject?"

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:24 pm
User Image
Jack turned her attention to Jadyn, "Please do tell?" She knew very little about Hogwarts, and wanted to know more.  

Lauraisawesomeobvs

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:26 pm
User Image
Archades "Archie" Montague
Firstie - "....." House

"Ah! I'm Archades Montague Miss Cardell, pleased to meet you!" Archades grinned slightly, happy that someone had actually taken him up on the offer of room in their boat.
"And the young lady sitting with us is Sparrow." He tilted his head to the right as he smiled then realized where she had sat down. "Ah, are you wanting to hold the lantern then? The groundskeeper lady mentioned that the person sitting in the front of the boat would do so, so if you don't want to I'd be happy to trade places with you." Now the boy was trying to figure out why that was. Was there some kind of a charm that propelled the boats? His eyes widened slightly. Maybe that is the reason behind the lanterns at the front, the boat moves in the direction that the lantern is in. Oh I wish more had been written down somewhere!

{{OOC: Sorry Miss Harmonie!}}  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 pm
User Image
User Image

"Well my parents have told me a lot about Hogwarts, and one thing they mentioned is that supposedly there is a giant squid that lives here in the lake." Jadyn returned Blake's smile. "I don't think it's supposed to be dangerous, though." He looked over the side of the boat, staring into the darkness of the lake. It was eerie to think there could possibly be such a strange creature swimming about beneath them.

Rechosia

Lauraisawesomeobvs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:32 pm
User Image

Jack chuckled a little, "other than the fact that it's a giant squid?" The idea seemed extremely foolish to her, she couldn't understand why a school with children would have a giant creature swimming around in the water they all had to ride across.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 pm
User Image
Ƀlake Ɇthelwine

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

"Maybe it's here to watch over the students near the lake? I mean it does have-" Blake stopped abruptly. How many tentacles did a squid possess? And a giant one at that? "Two tentacles? Or was it eight?"

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

tarantaellegra

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Aster Owena Cardell - 1st Year; No House

User Image
User Image
"Sometimes when I'm alone I wonder, is there a spell that I'm under, keeping me from seeing the real thing?"
User Image
Aster simply nodded, and didn't return the boy's slight grin. Archades seemed lively and energetic in his greeting and overall manner, but she didn't consider that a bad thing, she was just slightly stotic and weary. The grey-haired girl twinkled her fingers - in a wave- to the other boat resident she was just introduced to, Sparrow. "Your name is pretty, and obviously avian." Her voice was calm, but the last part was said with a subtle smile. Lavender eyes flickered to Montague as he spoke again, offering her the possible helm seat.
Hhhmm?
She said, cluelessly. Aster knew nothing of lanterns and seatings. But sure, why not? She was already sitting there. "Yes, that would be lovely." The boy went somewhere mentally, so the girl gracefully picked up the lantern and started to watch the lake's small waves.

((That's fine, but I am clueless to what you did wrong - which to me is nothing. confused ))

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 pm
User Image

"I believe that a squid has eight tentacles, like an octopus." Jack mused to him. "Do you think members of different houses can talk to each other without causing problems?"  

Lauraisawesomeobvs

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:53 pm
User Image
Archades "Archie" Montague
Firstie - "....." House

Archades sank back into his seat and sighed. There were no clues about how the boat was propelled across the water, so he was at a loss. He grumbled slightly for his lost trunk - if he had had that with him he could have at least continued reading his books, but no, they had to take the trunks ahead didn't they.
"What about you Miss Cardwell, where does your name come from? Oh, and what House do you hope to get sorted into?" Archie had decided to distract himself from his missing books and his ponderings on how the boat was propelled, and talking was the best way to do that. From her polite manner he assumed that she was likely a pureblood, and would probably end up sorted into Ravenclaw or Slytherin. He tilted his head to one side and studied her as he waited for her response.

{{OOC: I was on but didn't catch your response earlier, thus the apology. I feel bad when that happens.}}  
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games