Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Onslaught of the Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:26 pm
User Image

(Skye: Well, you had to of convinced the Support Group let you land somehow, and the troopers you rescued know you are one Im pretty sure. Also, why would a Republic Intelligence(SIS) agent have a combat wound and vet insignia? Hes not military.)

The bothan led Khyber and the four marines, which reduced to two as they reached a turbolift, taking it up to the deck over the hangar. Upon stepping out of the lift, they crossed down a long hallway and into a small conference room with a viewport looking out into the void, a view of two Wanderer-Class mid-transports hanging back with republic symbols displayed plainly on their sides in the background."You can wait here, the other Jedi should be on his way and we can get to the bottom of this." The bothan stated as he pulled out a high-back seat for Khyber and stepped away to peer out the view-port, the two Marines stationed themselves within the room at either side of the door.

A few minutes later, the double-wide doors of the room slid open to reveal a tall man in a dark violet robe of rich fabric, with the hood down to reveal a face with a youthful appearance despite its owners age with blue eyes, and two-toned hair and a beard, his arms shrouded in the confines of the robe and the sleeves hanging free. Behind him trailed two others, each dressed in republic jumpsuits. Caisar turned to look at Khyber, sensing the young mans strength through the Force. This was a Jedi, Caisar deduced simply, and with reaching out through Empathy, he was calm, curious, though slightly at unease with himself for some reason. Bowing his head slightly to Khyber, he turned to the bothan.
"Agent Issian,"

Agent Issian turned around to face the newcomer."Yes, Master Jedi," he said, with a hint of unease in his tone as he stepped around the long table to take a seat at the upper left corner, swiveling it about to face both Khyber and Caisar, his hands raising to form a temple together."This man here has claims, and we brought you to check them out. You see, he arrived here on an Imperial transport hailing the proper IFF codes, and others with him, soldiers of the republic, claim that they came from Ruuria. The soldiers check out, but we don't have any information on this man besides that he turns up in the database as a Republic citizen, and a Jedi, which is also what the soldiers state. We're obviously skeptical, and don't like surprise visits like this."

As Caisar stepped into the room rounding to the left side to look at Khyber, the Bothan raised his brow to the two who had come with them, but remained silent, instead turning to study Caisar's face, as well as the mans."If you are who they believe, then please represent yourself. I am Caisar Adonexus, Knight of the Jedi Order and representative of the Temple at Alaris Prime." The jedi announced with a flourishing bow of his left arm which suddenly appeared in his robe-sleeve to cross over his mid-section and a slight incline of his head downwards.

For reference of what he looks like: Caisar Adonexus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:06 pm
User Image

Having reached their starship and finding it fit for travel, the party boarded and began securing things for travel. Now on the bridge of her ship, the Iridonian crewman looked up at Thessa and gestured to the control panel.
"Some Republic officer is calling. Wants to know what we're up to."
"Did they give the proper clearance codes?" She asked.
"They were older codes, Ma'am, but they checked out."
The Ambassador stroked her chin and then spoke again to the Iridonian.
"Tell them we are departing this world. We need to alert the Republic about what has happened here as soon as possible."

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:09 pm
NPC
Governor Galban Doros

The XS Freighter shot away from the planet, laden with the ill gotten gains of the Governor's time in office and staffed by his minions. Within moments the ship had plotted a course and had made the jump, her trajectory aimed towards the outer rim.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:28 pm
The two mercs followed the Jedi at a fair distance, trying to keep out of his conversation for the most part until he brought up whatever proposal he'd spoke of earlier.

Zaala scratched at the armor she wore and sighed while Alyn looked distinctly uncomfortable, unarmed and unshielded in just the republic navy issue ship suit he had on.

Zaala Xor had slipped off to the side of the room after following the jedi. Smirking slightly as she watched leaned to Alyn. "I'll give them this much. They're a lot more polite than the sith."

Alyn chuckled wearily, uncertain if they were expected to speak or even be present.

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:12 am
User Image
Knight-errant Jian Yakamura
Personal Location: Canyon of the Long Winds
Accompanying People: None
Current Attire: http://phoenixlu.deviantart.com/art/Taoist-priest-146500461

Having left the room filled with tombs, Jian walked forward, entering another long hallway, expanding in all directions, lit up by the bacteria which grew so easily. Easily five times his height, the room's ceiling only revealed ancient sith archways, perhaps even something more. The Force, or maybe his gut, told him to keep heading forward, across a stone bridge that lead towards a ledge extending both ways. In front, a (relatively) small door stood, a large eye and holoprojector protruding, flickering to life as he stepped forward. In front, a holographic projection sprang out, revealing a trio of symbols in ancient runes, which Jian could not read. This would not last for long, as a square ejected out. If this were a jedi tomb, it probably would have been a puzzle of the mind. Jian expected nothing different in a sith, though it wasn't going to be nearly as thought provoking. Pushing on the stone, it didn't budge. He tried to push it with the force, a similar result happened. A low "hmm" exited Jian's lips, as he thought for a moment...

~~~

Ten Years ago…
Camasi Enclave Hangar

“I’m sure he’ll learn to accept you as a master. He’s still young and prone to youth’s faults,” Master Li stated to the female knight. Jian stood off to the side, a pout upon his face and his arms folded across his chest. Much to the dismay of his masters, the last few days were not as easily spent as others. Jian had become quieter, his annoyance wearing thin. Despite the master’s best urgings, Jian could not be so easily persuaded as they loaded up into the starship. He waved to Master Li, but could not find words to speak in departure. The landing ramp closed, giving one last hiss as he felt a strong hand lead him towards the living areas. The whine of the engines announced the starship taking off as Jian was taken to a seat.

“I haven’t properly introduced myself. I am Le’wanna So-hwa. Jedi sentinel of the the order. I am not as famous as Master Thul, but I assure you that within time, you’ll understand that my duty is no less important… perhaps ever moreso in these times,” The older woman began, taking a seat from aside him. An awkward silence followed, as Jian gave a nod and a nearly inaudible response. Le’wanna gave a sigh as she looked to the ground and then back up at him. “You are a gifted lad, young Jian. You showed courage, endurance, and spirit, as well as insight. Even your wound shows a first step of flesh. Many qualities of those your elders are apparent. Master Li is correct, you are impatient and young. Not necessarily bad qualities. Much like gems in the rough, a bit of polish and you’ll be a brilliant sentinel as well.”

Jian did what he could to give no response, but Le’wanna’s insight showed otherwise as she gave a smile. “You’re distressed because you cannot gain fame and follow the path you desire? Life is full of mysteries, much like the Force. You know this to be true. You probably think that I’ll not find some action? It’s alright. We sentinels don’t necessarily attack outright, but it is better than being in a stuffy library like most consulars. You know why I found you interesting?”

Jian shook his head. “The cube was not an easy task, and despite what you have learned, you demonstrated great insight and prowess. Li said you were interested in Soresu and studies, and that is why I am to drag you out of the enclave. The galaxy is a big place, and one cannot learn everything from books and holocrons, hiding behind the blade. Your skills lend better to Ataru, and it might give yourself the ability to develop more as a person. Don’t worry, I know quite a few things that will give your Humbarine heritage honor.”

Jian made a slight mumble. Le’wanna stared back at him, her eyes piercing him like a shoto blade. “What was that you said?”

“I said you probably need it considering your age,” the young boy snipped off. The Knight furled her brow for a moment, then gave a laugh.

“So Master Li didn’t teach you everything there is to know. Perhaps there is hope for me to pass my trials yet,” the old woman said with a laugh, as she stretched an arm out to grab Jian by the chin. She guided his gaze back to her own face, before drawing an old hand to the top of her brow. Slowly bringing it down across her face, the aged look disappeared to that of a young lady, at best 25 or 30 years of age, of dark brown hair and fair complexion. The spots and ridges of her hands formed back and tightened up, in a display of age regression that would make any vain person die with envy. She gave a smile, cheery and red in cheek, as if a joke was played upon the boy, however what little happiness he had for the moment faded. The smile upon Le’wanna’s face drooped. “That generally gets a laugh out of the younglings. I didn’t mean to make you feel like a fool.”

Jian merely slumped in the chair, as Le’wanna shifted around to him, and pulled him tightly to her. “I’ll tell you what. Give me one adventure to show you what I do, and if you still dislike it, I’ll turn around and return to Caamas. All I ask is that you do your best too. What do you say?”

Jian looked down at his hands, as Le’wanna had to bend over some to see what was contained. The sparkling cube from before glittered in his hands. “You ever figure the cube out?”

Le’wanna blushed furiously. “There is more to a jedi knight than solving riddles.”

“In other words, no.”

Le’wanna rolled her eyes in discredit. “No. But that doesn’t mean you have a right to be cocky. Intelligence is no match for experience.” Jian gave a snicker. “Stop that! I shouldn’t be mocked by my first apprentice!” Le’wenna broke into a small fit of laughter, as the ship jumped into hyperspace…

~~~

Jian gave a smirk at the cube. He put his hands around the strange stone protrusion, and pulled with the force, various smaller stone tabs emerging from the sides. The boy gripped the new handlebars, and turned the massive gear clockwise until a click was heard inside the chambers, echoing, the stone door sliding apart and revealing the chambers inside. A large statue of a man before him stood, as Jian heard a rumble in the deep. He stepped forward into the chamber, noting the edges of the room feature deep gorges into the side, dark and damp, while bridges led off to the sides as he stepped forth, venturing into the unknown some more...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:14 am
(Des: Fair enough on the Jedi bit. As for your Bothan, military intelligence is still military. You gave very little description for the NPC, so I took artistic liberties with his backstory. Plus, intelligence agencies recruit from military forces all the time, especially if the person in question has shown himself capable in the past.)

Khyber sat in the chair offered to him, leaning back in it and crossing one leg over the other. His cane rested against his leg, and his hands were clasped in his lap as he waited patiently for the other Jedi's arrival. When Caisar walked in he analyzed him carefully, watching the short interaction with the Bothan with feigned disinterest.

"Greetings Master Adonexus, I am Khyber Strife, recently of the Temple at Coronet City," he responded politely, after Caisar's introduction. "I understand that my arrival here is not entirely within normal military protocol, and there were many Republic outposts in-between here and Ruuria that we could have stopped at, but I sensed that this facility had the best ability to gain valuable knowledge from the ship I captured and the experiences of the rescued soldiers in their fight against the Sith forces."

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 am
User Image
Lieutenant Warren McJump
Personal Location: Bridge of the Indefatigable
Accompanying ships: 2 Wayfarers.

"Sir, a republic vessel is hailing us," The communications officer announced, breaking Warren's concentration. It was probably for the better, he always felt kind of stuck in a rut when things were quiet and he needn't nibble on his cheek some more.

"A cycle late and a credit short, no less," Warren grumbled, putting his elbow in one hand, and the other to his chin in meditative thought. "There is no need to be rude, patch it through on the bridge holo." Warren paced, too nervous to sit in the back with the captain's chair. The blue pixellated imagery of the naked mammal appeared before him, life sized.

"Glad to see something close to a friendly face," the lagomorph announced putting his hands on his hips. His weight shifted to one leg, while the freed foot tapped softly. "I am McJump, Republic Navy, Minos Cluster Antipiracy force. No, I didn't drive off the sith. They fled before I could finish my second strike on them. I've already sent out a boarding party to clear off any resistance on board. Despite the sensor readings, one never knows when there are nasty droids hiding about, or creatures which don't register up from a simple scan."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:29 pm
At least he was hospitable. Captain Hawkins nodded, looking at the ghostly blue lagomorph in his comm unit. "That just raises even more questions. First they attack in too short numbers to hold the planet, then they leave. Your intervention probably saved a lot of lives though."

"I'd originally intended to come up here and investigate the ship myself. You got here first obviously, but do you mind sharing space for a bit? I have superiors to report to who will be more than happy to have whatever data my team can salvage." It was almost a moot action. As they were both Republic Navy, they were technically allies. Though there was the question of jurisdiction and standing orders, there was nothing saying they couldn't cooperate. Besides, his team was already loading up, and the shuttle would probably leave his ship any minute now.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Cale Darksun

Stellar Raider

12,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:54 pm
User Image

It was not long before Cinn came upon signs of the struggle that had occured between the Acolytes and the Jedi. From what the warrior could gather, crude traps had been the downfall of the Acolytes. Oiled stairs, stun grenades, one had even been trapped under a collapsed bookcase. All of it was disgraceful.

Cinn gave no aid to the vanquished students. They were weak. Pathetic. Inferior. even the Massassi slaves of old would have had a better chance at being true Sith than these wretched failures. They didn't even deserve a quick death by Cinn's hand.

His quarry was somewhere ahead of him. Cinn could almost sense it, There was no time to be lost. Forward strode the mighty Sith Warrior, lightsaber hilt in hand awaiting activation and an enemy to cut down.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:36 pm
User Image

Down on the rock planet, republic listening post MC-141A picked up two transmissions hailing from the capitol system of the sector. Over-viewing them, the communications officer quickly sent them forward onto their way to Triple Zero and Eliad, but also picked up his tight-beam comm and hailed the support group orbiting up above, connecting himself to the command of the contingent. "Sir..." The soldier warbled into the comm."We've got a big problem, the Empire is invading!"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Within one of the conference rooms on Minos Home...

Caisar, looking slightly surprised, shook his head."Im not a Master, Jedi Strife, many years and trials still lay before me before sure a suggestion." He said, bowing his head, when he lifted it he looked to the bothan."I will stand behind this man's claim of identity, Agent Issian. He is indeed a Jedi." He stated formally, then turned back to Khyber."You are young, though you are alone, so I would assume you are a full Knight, Khyber Strife. I am honored to make your acquaintance, fellow Jedi."

The bothan pursed his lips and stood up swiftly."Fine, But I still want to know what he was doing with an imperial transport!" He stated pointing a finger no-where in particular, then turned to the two standing off to the side of the room, and then back to Caisar and Khyber."I'll leave you all, but there will be a lot more questions later, I assure you." With that the bothan walked calmly out, adjusting his uniform coat, the two marines followed, but one who watched would have noticed that the other two marines still stood at guard on the other side of the door.

Caisar sighed and took a seat at the table, looking to the three around him.
"As uncomfortable as the bothan is, Id like to apologize to you all on behalf of the Agent. People in his position are getting very suspicious as the war spreads... A lack of information is making him very testy."He said, then looked to Khyber."You said before that you felt this far off outpost would be the best choice to bring the ship, and though I'm not sure about that entirely, it certainly gives me a few ideas concerning my business with these two, Alyn Roc and Zaala Xor..." He gestured to each respectively with an open hand for introductions. "But I am curious, did the Force lead you here, Jedi Khyber? One does not cross the galaxy to deliver a ship to a support outpost." Caisar asked this carefully, studying the man across from him, who appeared to be in his late teens, but he sensed he was older than that, and more experienced.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:22 am
User Image
Lieutenant Warren McJump
Personal Location: Bridge of the Indefatigable
Accompanying ships: 2 Wayfarers.

"My intervention was my duty," Warren replied. "The disappearance of their fleet before I could make a second pass can be debated by others. You'll excuse me if I prefer not to speculate their motives right now. My boarding parties will be notified of your presence. We intend to scuttle the ships, I also recommend that you start using your tractor beams and scanners to pick up any supplies we can use to aid the ground forces."

~~~~

User Image
Knight-errant Jian Yakamura
Personal Location: Canyon of the Long Winds
Accompanying People: None
Current Attire: http://phoenixlu.deviantart.com/art/Taoist-priest-146500461

Jian felt something strange as the stepped forward into the room. The air was not entirely stale; the gorges to the sides whistled with moving air, probably from an opening elsewhere.Before him stood a burial chamber, not unlike many he had passed along the way. Atop this, a holoprojector stood, damaged from previous looter's attempts to rip the information from the grave. Jian himself was less than enthusiastic; if people who were trained knew how to get into these places were unable, what chance had he?

Jian gave a sigh, walking around the vault and took a second, stronger look at his surroundings. The vault itself was surrounded by the deep gouges around it, but above these were ledges and platforms, but more curious was the large stone weights which hung from massive chains, seemingly out of place. The Humbarine gave a smile, remembering an old saying about how predators never look up. Each of the chains led into the wall, as if part of something greater. Only one way to find out, as Jian reached out with the Force, tugging on the nearest one. Calm and passive, he found the massive weight to be lighter than he imagined, requiring such little effort to pull as the chains tugged on the ancient chamber's secrets, among which slid open the chamber.

The lad was not terribly curious, but even if he was, something about this place was not friendly. He sensed the darkness trying to close in on him, but there was something more. The walls had shifted in the chamber, revealing large rooms and ghastly winds throughout the area. Doorways swung open with the loud grinding gears. A growl and a flapping of wings echoed, as Jian sunk.

"No no no no no..." he quickly moaned, as a swarm of vynocks flapped through the caves, chattering in terror as the wind carried them around. A sparkling caught Jian's eye, as he reached forward to grab a small chest found within the now opened sarcophagus. Grinning, he patted his backpack as he secured the relic. His hopes had been to escape this place before the predators would seek him. A consular probably would have expected tereneteks or something, and while Jian may not have known the specifics of what lay dormant within the chambers, he was more than willing to leave. However, as he turned to head towards the exit, a large pair of red eyes stared at him, atop a gaping maw. At least it wasn't insectoid this time....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am
Nova gave only a nod to Sythica that she understood. With the saber in hand Nova cut a large hole into the building and quickly stepped inside. It didn’t take her long to find the enemy, or rather they spotted her first. She threw them back with the use of the Force and quickly rushed at them before they could even draw their weapons. The blades of her saber and staff met the face of the enemy as she struck them dead. Leaving them aside, though not before she grabbed a grenade or two from them, she continued further into the building wondering how Sythica was doing on her end…  

Miss-Pandemica

Lonely Lunatic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm
Join operations. Nice. "We'll get what we can. When we're done, we'll let you know." Ending the transmission, Captain Hawkins made sure his boarding team knew to make details of everything they found inside. Once the team reported back, the Faclon's Nest began pick-up duties. There wasn't much to pick-up: some broken speeders and walkers.... a crate of rifles. The Imperials had left in a hurry, but they had managed to get most of the good stuff out.

Meanwhile, the ship did some holoscans of the dilapidated ship, getting readings on every inch of her outer hull, and what she was made of. They were working on gathering enough data to recreate such a ship, or at least a crude replica, for research purposes.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:23 am
Sythica watched the sith press her saber into the house. Sythica began to run around the side of the building. She paused only to check around the corners to not get caught offguard by stationary troops. This would pay off as she picked two off with her carbine, and poked her head inside the front door to the ramshackle house. She entered the first room and found nobody. Moving into the second she heard the sounds of battle raging elsewhere. The sounds of footsteps also stomped through the home. Sythica leveled her blaster, and unloaded several rapid fire rounds of plasma into the troops running around. She stepped forth, and looked to the side.

"Nice work Sithlet," she said, waving at Nova. "Upstairs to the marksman."

Squad objectives:
- Secure an LZ.
- Shut down comm transmitters
- Destroy air defenses
- Remove the main communication tower.
- Secure spaceport  

lady_skuld

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 am
"Mr. Issian's suspicion is a wise attitude, in his line of work. Especially considering our current foe," said Khyber. "To be completely honest, the vessel and its occupants were only a small part of the reason I came here. The real situation, as it often is, is much more complex.

For the better part of a year I have been tracking the agents of this new Sith threat through the shadows of the galaxy. I, and the few who have assisted me along the way, have had many successes, but my main quarry has eluded me so far. I thought to find him with the invasion force at Ruuria, but I only found an echo of his presence. I did discover, however, that he was with another fleet, one bound for Minos. Which, naturally, brought me here. If I am lucky, then my haste has allowed me to arrive before him..."

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games