Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Crowds of Coruscant Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:51 pm

Uhh AotC wasn't a chick flick dude.

A side-plot love story, yes.

But you're forgeting decapitation, massive battle, politics, a power struggle, bounty hunting, and saberdarts.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:53 pm

Okay, Its a d**k flick for the last 15 minutes.

Outside of teh Battle of Geonosis, it barely keeps itself in that category. Power struggles are on lifetime movies all the time. Just watch that channel long enough and you'll realize that.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:54 pm

Who the hell watches lifetime? That channel deals with the following topics: cranky mother in laws, abortion, rape, murder, and premarital sex.

I've yet to see one that doesn't.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Mum does. And you just proved my point.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:44 pm

Nelo: I absolutly heart you. You win with the whole ST vs. SW thing.

There are upsides and downsides to both ST and SW. With Star Wars, there are points of irrelevance and you wonder what GL was smoking at the time. But the lightsaber battles and stragety used by some (*cough* *cough* Thrawn *cough*) are absolutly amazing. With Star Trek, it's just interesting to watch. Anything can happen and it's so unpredictable. But like Nelo said, it lacks action.

But you have to admit, it's fun to sit and watch the original Star Trek with all the 60's style clothes and hair, and the cheesy-ness and drama involved. 3nodding
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:34 am

I actually found a script for an episode of the original Star Trek, it was pretty interesting. It actually had the words in it, for when they say stuff like "Modify the Quantum Phase Varience."

elvisnake

Count of Moogi Cristo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:46 pm

elvisnake
I actually found a script for an episode of the original Star Trek, it was pretty interesting. It actually had the words in it, for when they say stuff like "Modify the Quantum Phase Varience."

That's so cool. I like Trek a lot more now, seeing the amount of improv used. Although, I'm still a Star Wars fan mostly.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:38 pm

Can't be star wars for a good ol' fashioned futuristic western.

But Sometimes, I'd like to actually watch something that required thought, and focused on more normal people in a sci-fi setting.

And not just lexx either.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:49 pm

elvisnake

That's friggin hilarious.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm

That's awesome, elvis rofl

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:55 pm

I know. I could barely believe it, myself.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:08 pm

lol.

I think one of my favorite characters is Pellaeon.

He's so...Pellaeon. It's like Thrawn meets Akbar.

FrozenPhoenix32

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:19 pm

He just annoys me.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:34 am

After reading the Thrawn trilogy recently a few characters spring to mind.

Garm Bel Iblis: He's a good millitary leader in his own right almost as good if not better then Ackbar was, how and WHY did Drayson get control of the fleets of the Republic then?

Talon Karrde: An interesting man in his own ways, one of the most powerful smugglers around a shame Thrawn forced his hand and made an enemy of him, Karrde was quite intelligent in his own right I liked him a lot.

Niles Ferrier: He was smart somewhat but in comparisson to the main cast of the SW universe he was in the minnor leagues, he was just used or trood on by mostly everyone, what happened to him after the Thrawn trilogy though, did anyone ever hear from him again?

Those are a few that come to mind right now.

Robin the Aussie

elvisnake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:47 am

I just recently bought the Thrawn trilogy. (The first time I read it was from the library.) And I forgot how much I disliked Jorus. Wow, I just think he's a stupid retard. Don't know why, just do.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 71 72 73 74 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games