Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:43 pm
yeah... our minimum wage is something like $7.50, raising to $8 at the begining of next year... and when you put taxes in, i get about $13.76 a week.... ¬¬

i suppose i can't complain that much, its a job, and its consistant money. I've never gotten an allowence, so its still much much more money then i'd normally get...

i keep thinking about getting better at doing cosplays and then making them for friends, for a fee.... but less then the $300 that alot of people charge.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:30 am
Tis a good way to make money- I plan on starting to make and sell corsets for extra bucks. (mind you, I work 20 hours a week already, but my schooling sure as heck aint cheap- I need to spend another $50 today on a project I've already sunck about 60 into... and it still aint anywhere near done).  

Silver Mist

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 pm
Indeed. I think I might open up a knitwear shop on Ebay or something. At least I could make some of my yarn money back then.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:40 pm
Silver Mist
Speaking of moving out....

In two weeks I will be living on my own for the first time- in Springfeild, Mass. A long cry from where I'm from. (Cinci, OH). Is anyone on the guild from up that way? I know no one up there. ><
Horray!
Moving out is fun.

And man that min wage is LOW!
Are you guys all under 18 or is that an adult wage?  

I be me
Vice Captain

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:03 pm
I be me
Silver Mist

In two weeks I will be living on my own for the first time- in Springfeild, Mass. A long cry from where I'm from. (Cinci, OH). Is anyone on the guild from up that way? I know no one up there. ><
Horray!
Moving out is fun.

Actually, they plan on raising minimum wage in the US to about $8 in the next year or so, which will destroy the american economy. (can you say skyrocketing gas prices to match?) But in the US there is no difference in age as to wage. Well, minimum wage. At many companies, until your 18, you cant get many of the higher paying jobs for a slew of reasons, many legal.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:24 pm
Or then there's the theory that the rising gas prices of the past few years have already caused inflation so that the minimum wage has less purchasing power than was intended...
The thing that worries me is being able to find gainful employment with healthcare benefits after I graduate. I really don't like the idea of not having health insurances, but what I have through my college will end in August.  

Blue-eyes-green

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:12 pm
I be me - thats just minimum wage, and my hours are really small due to the fact that i work part-time, and at a kind of strange job. 3nodding

I'm thinking that after fanime, when my girlfriend and i will be wearing costumes i made around, i'll mention to friends that i'd be willing to do their costumes, for a price, as long as they gave me all the information and went with me to buy materials and patterns and such things...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:25 am
Silver Mist
I be me
Silver Mist

Horray!
Moving out is fun.

Actually, they plan on raising minimum wage in the US to about $8 in the next year or so, which will destroy the american economy. (can you say skyrocketing gas prices to match?) But in the US there is no difference in age as to wage. Well, minimum wage. At many companies, until your 18, you cant get many of the higher paying jobs for a slew of reasons, many legal.
My wage is minimum for someone declared full time and it is like fifteen bucks. min for Casuals is almost eighteen. And if you are under 18 you can get "jounior" jobs but that limits you pretty much to retail and then its like 13.
I think I just discovered why a bunch of experts keep on telling australians that our working conditions are one of the best in the world (but they only tell you that during election season, while the other guys tell you that the opposite)  

I be me
Vice Captain

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:31 am
mmm that sounds confusing... it may just be me, and the fact that i just woke up...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:50 pm
I know this is out of the blue, but in my gaming magazine, they showed many crafts! Knitted Pac-Man scarves, and a crocheted Link afgan. That afgan had 1034 squares, each representing one pixel. It was beautiful, though.

michailia

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:45 pm
Wow, thats really really cool!

in other news.... GAH! ONE WEEK TILL MY 1 YEAR, AND I DON'T HAVE A PRESENT YET! *runs around in little circles*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:42 pm
wai~ this keeps falling off the front page!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:30 pm
lol
I would stickey it but to be honest the thread gets used a lot more when it is not stickeyed.
like when it was a stickey a conversation would take place with one post every three days and only the same two or three people would post in it for weeks.

not to mention that it occasionally gets attention from people going OH NO THE CHAT THREAD FELL OFF THE FIRST PAGE, wich keeps it active.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:13 pm
I be me
lol
I would stickey it but to be honest the thread gets used a lot more when it is not stickeyed.
like when it was a stickey a conversation would take place with one post every three days and only the same two or three people would post in it for weeks.

not to mention that it occasionally gets attention from people going OH NO THE CHAT THREAD FELL OFF THE FIRST PAGE, wich keeps it active.

xp

I'M SO EXCITED! I have a big fat paycheck and a sweet-lolita design, and spring break in two weeks!  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:29 pm
ooohhhh... yay for big fat paycheck!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items