Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:25 am
Not to mention, if the GLF participates, Ferno won't be far on its heels. I could use a space battle with that fighter of mine.

Edit: I have a question: is it possible for a ship to have a knife edge? Something to where Ferno's maneuvering skills could literally allow him to slice through enemy ships with his wingtip (only fighters, but still).

I wish I had more savoire faire in this area, but eh...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:45 am
Its possible.
The Ramships I developed litterally plow into enemy vessels and punch through their hulls.
And Captain Harlock's Arcadia had a massive blade that allowed him to ram enemy ships and slice through them.
The idea isnt bad, but you have to remember that enemy Shields would prevent physical contact.
Even the Ram Ships had shield dispersal systems.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:48 am
Well, that wouldn't be hard, look at the wing design of the ship i have.

All i need is to bypass their shielding (Ionic pulsations?) and I have it. I would balance it saying the energy required means I can't use blasters, so for him to slice means no shooting, but since the wings are where the shield generators are located anyway (his reaction time makes up for weak cockpit shielding and uses the wings much like kite shields), all I'd need is something to destroy the bubble at a pinpoint location.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:49 am
Nelowulf
Well, that wouldn't be hard, look at the wing design of the ship i have.

All i need is to bypass their shielding (Ionic pulsations?) and I have it. I would balance it saying the energy required means I can't use blasters, so for him to slice means no shooting, but since the wings are where the shield generators are located anyway (his reaction time makes up for weak cockpit shielding and uses the wings much like kite shields), all I'd need is something to destroy the bubble at a pinpoint location.

Use the stuff that Buzz Droids used to bypass shields.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am
i'm unaware of what that is. i'll look in wookipedia...

Though would four blasters from an ARC-170 as weapons be overkill for a fighter that size?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:52 am
Probably.
Go for two and a pair of Ion cannons so you can paralize your foes.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:55 am
hm... I wasn't really considering paralasis in a ship.

I mean, Ferno's into destroying and all, but his ethics still apply in space combat. If a worthy foe presents himself, he may just back down if something goes wrong.

Its just there are four slots, and I was thinking of the strongest blasters I could possibly for all four (though I may have to resort to X-wing blasters)...

He doesn't have missles, so that's how I was compensating for ballistic damage potential lost.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:59 am
Then use them to shoot down a heavier opponent's shields.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:01 pm
I'll consider it.

I'm not liking it, since i'm trying to stick with the TIE fighter idea, but I guess it makes sense with stellar turning every fighter the Empire owns into the top of the line model.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:12 pm
Nelowulf
Cale Darksun
Now, here's a question.

If The Gelfs (GLF) destroy a pellaeon in KDY's own yard, wont KDY just tighten security and build another one?

I want to know this: If its fully operational (like EK is saying it will be), wouldn't that mean that security is already tightening because Borill will be there for ceremonial purposes (christening of his new flagship).

Plus, Kuat is never "lightly defended". They may be building ships, but they usually have a sector fleet sitting in orbit anyways. I mean, Krayt doesn't like to repeat the past, and the maneuver pulled by Captain Antilles in the GCW, and then Tyber Zahn's maneuvers, I don't see why Krayt would allow anyone to break Kuat.

Especially since if i know EK, he'll be doing the same thing Zahn did, expecting the galaxy to work like EaW...

Also, reguarding CW: I think that because DA is "taken", she's also still considered "available". Plus, DA is random, at least CW has some logical thought to her. That, and name other females in the guild who are somewhat active (especially out of RP).

@ EK: Elshae'k is a freakin' cyborg. Useless. If i wanted to kill a robot, I'd destroy HM. Then i don't even have to wait for him to be rebuilt (HM has about 30 identical models everywhere; he's not a droid so much as a collective intelligence that can be transferred).

It must have mostly flesh and blood, not simply the brain and a bit of skin covering a robot's body.
Er... you talking about Detre? Elshae'k is Elladan's actual name. Elshae'ken'etnaruodo. Recall the annoying, over-ambitious chiss warlord who was my PC?

No, I am not doing it like Zahn did. hell, I had the idea before I even beat the game. Only reason I came up with it was so I could kick Borill's ego in the balls.

Besides, unlike Zahn.

1) I'm not fighting while the Empire's in chaos. I'm fighting at its height.

2) I did state Kuat was protected by TWO SECTOR FLEETS. Not just one, but two.

3) I said the ship was nearly finished construction, and would be done within four months (about). Borill wouldn't be there for four months, by which time we would've done attacked it by then.

4) I plan on destroying that ship. Steal if I can, but I'm intent on destroying it. Replacing it would take another four years, but I repeat, I'm not getting in there to get some technological doohicky. I'm going to blow it up.

5) And I quote, I intend on untightening security because I plan on busting out Elladan and making a stupid move Borill would expect him to make, and then expect to see him there (as I know I will). Borill would love to chance to get Elladan killed or imprisoned twice while he was the opponent. If Borill was anywhere close, he'd be fighting Elladan, instead of minding his soon-to-be-ready toy.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:27 pm
So... will the Battle of Abregado Rae be before or after EK's mad attack in Kuat?

I'd like to know the chain of events that are being plotted out.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:44 pm
Most likely before  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:04 pm
I'm going to have to have Link stumble across one of these battlefields sometime and say something poignant.

In the meantime I'll be needing that user's manual ASAP Stellar.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:11 pm
Abregado Rae seems like the better of the two. Kuat would likely have more chaos, and his chances of dying in a random ship will likely be a bit higher (assuming he's anywhere near that part of Kuat) then if he were on Abregado Rae.

But that's my faulty logic we're talking about. Noone pays any mind to that.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm
When I say "one of these battlefields", I mean any battlefield that might occur in the process of the RP. Its not exclusive to Abregado Rae or Kuat.
Besides, I'm well versed in the realities of Link's chances of nearing Kuat. Its a miracle enough that he's managed to get onto an Occupied world.
Theres probably a band of Stalwarts parked in orbit maintaining the occupation as well. xp  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games